I'm a Sucker for Vintage Toys - Share Pics Here...

f512a9d98cfd0097a2c037954eb695d9.jpg

Yes no one got shot in the eye for some fortunate reason.
We would have BB gun wars - could only shoot from the Shoulders down.... we were fortunate. BB's can sting and leave abit of a bruise.

We also had Rock Wars with Garbage Can lids for shields - much more Blood was drawn and damage done for sure.

Using Acorns in home made Sling Shots hurts like Hell.... I would search for the best tree limbs to cut and trim and then put the cut up Inner Tube on it.

And the old Lawn Darts.... I actually hit a girl... she was fine but it really scared me !

I got a real Marine Corps K-Bar when I was about 8 year old. Dang near sliced end of my thumb off when I was sharpening it wrong - my parents said that you have learned how to sharpen a knife correctly now and to be careful with a knife now....they were right - ha !
But it was too big for real hunting and fishing use for fish, squirrels and deer and such. I just liked the K-Bar as I grew up reading about them in the War(s) and with all the relatives who had served....

We played rough and was outside from morning to dark.

Seems just a blink of the eye ago...

gamboolman....

Last edited:
gambooman....we too, much of the same! How time fly's by!

One difference for me, as I grew up in the high mountains of Colorado. So, snowball fights were the primary weapon for six months of the year. Many times we made snow forts that were taller then we were, and packed the back walls with snowball ammo! Overnight they would freeze, so a soft, unthrowable snowball would freeze! They hurt when they hit, unfortunately, they then could be thrown back at you. But was, was war!...

The big fights were on the playground before school and then at recess, when the wars were continued from morning....I don't recall anyone getting really hurt, but a few glasses were broken and a cheek or two cut, but not bad. But, was good for a good cry!

Great memories....

vPc36wap_4cSaDbdCkAbICKSDR76HWpcPw_WvuLOPKGLE4xIyYyk8kopiEmMvBWJwgVgqyJyi5EZ90AK-SKZVZMPF6AANgn82vGeWUSU_PvzE7TsvzDhIlJJyuBn1LFs4QHzjZ1_ZVvpSmtzBQRo3zyuUH7Gew4C0QRGsMamE5zPf-1yaAlAr4tf9F_MiorV1KwuZ7WBvVZl0S9sASegUS_yMichE0OhrTwN0-6RjHCP2whfMBo09iQAFCX3XIPUY0La7W4Eyd3oN92p=s0-d-e1-ft

The original Mr. Potato Head came with a pipe.

UyJwt3ZVez5EoFf513O1dIUuTKm5BjBVm10YcgVBkciHYzAhRzq5_41dn-GLsfBPVuNa804EjMIouHD1YUtlf4kScJHMQKtj-Oyz9XMOCWU1xl8XObjRp_TFINlLOc4I6Fv1CT8357Yf1meWK-_q-oFurZWWSrniAcSFbXq1kt4rOsX0od7lP1EeGb1ifUpeANRUuPJqDF7paB5AKqsW2CtMF0I-7W0Y=s0-d-e1-ft

The Original Mr. Potato Head and the Mrs.
EAhj4H4_sYvU4JRAji-8hn1BguYvokvVrAfAX_sGIj5ECmbxnfF_G460Uw3t7vmS6GVO_ywb4-rMSy-SSl2svWdbp0T_vNRs1Fd3VkNFqj7rYDkQ_5pHuHN9t8-g8w=s0-d-e1-ft

Their friends, lol.

"The invention of New York-born George Lerner, Mr. Potato Head was launched by the toy company Hasbro in 1952. The original Mr. Potato Head contained only parts, such as eyes, ears, noses and mouths, and parents had to supply their children with real potatoes for the head. Although the toy was called Mr. Potato Head, it was suggested that any fruit or vegetable could be used.

In 1964, a hard plastic potato ‘body’ was introduced, replacing the need for a real potato. Over the next three decades, a variety of Mr. Potato Head products were sold, including a Mrs. Potato Head, and two children, Brother Spud and Sister Yam. In the 1970s the pieces were increased in size to comply with toy safety regulations and in 1987 Mr. Potato Head lost his pipe due to pressure from the anti-smoking lobby. Mr. Potato Head has enjoyed a resurgence in popularity in recent years, due in part to his appearance as one of the characters in the enormously popular animated feature films Toy Story, Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3.

Mr. Potato Head is still produced today by Hasbro and is marketed as a creative toy for young children. There are even Star Wars Potato Heads – Darth Tater, Artoo-Potatoo and Spud Trooper."

Bella ✌️

Back