Independence Day, July 4th and Canada Day July 1-celebration starts early!

Ruthanne

SF VIP

My day will probably be spent indoors with the AC on avoiding the firecrackers.

Last edited:
Oy, that it's time of the year already??? The problem is all the kids setting off fireworks in the neighborhood. Sophie used to hide from them. Now she goes all deranged barking in the direction of the noise...it's like "BAARRRKBAARRRKSTOP IT STOP IT!". But a happy weekend to everyone!!!!!

Whoa, a fireworks display and weed might be awesome, laugh uproariously at every explosion, and then Hagan Daz on the way home...hubby would enjoy it too, great idea thank you!

VUxWjk1.jpg

Oy, that it's time of the year already??? The problem is all the kids setting off fireworks in the neighborhood. Sophie used to hide from them. Now she goes all deranged barking in the direction of the noise...it's like "BAARRRKBAARRRKSTOP IT STOP IT!". But a happy weekend to everyone!!!!!
I know fireworks really bother some dogs fur.

I remember one year...'74 maybe....Detroit and Windsor had a joint Fourth of July/Canada Day celebration with what at that time was the world's largest fireworks show. There were seven large barges anchored in the Detroit River and the fireworks lasted for FOUR HOURS. My late husband had to work, so a co-worker and I took my three year daughter and her young brother down to see the fireworks. Luckily, I was able to park in our company parking lot near the river (some people had to walk for a couple of miles), so we walked to the top of the Cobo Hall parking garage to watch the show. After about two hours, the young'uns were crying, my head was splitting, I could hardly breathe for the smoke that was blowing in our direction and I was essentially deaf....WHAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY? I hadn't thought about how much the sound was going to reverberate off the concrete floor, walls, etc.

My eyes were red and I was coughing for three days, my ears rang for a week and frankly.....for real.....I had one of the best times of my life. I can only say I must have been Chinese in a previous life because I love fireworks more than anything else......just maybe from a little farther away next time, huh?

Back