Introduction…..first post

HI, Marian!
I hope you will enjoy interacting with us!! It makes the day a lot less lonely, for many of us, here!:)

Do you have any crochet projects currently going?
Do you live in a rural or crowded area?
Near the Ocean, or not?
Hi Kaila! I always have a crochet project going. I‘m currently making a very warm waffle stitch blanket. I live in a rural area. My home borders state owned wild lands. I live on the Chesapeake bay.

Hi Kaila! I always have a crochet project going. I‘m currently making a very warm waffle stitch blanket. I live in a rural area. My home borders state owned wild lands. I live on the Chesapeake bay.

Oh gosh, that is a beautiful nature area. I remember camping thereabouts, a few times, decades ago.

The blanket sounds great, as a project, and as a finished product, when it's done. Is it all one color, or many?

Does Spring come soon, there? I am in the Northeast USA, and it comes late, here.
Some of our members live in Canada, where it comes even later, of course.:giggle::)

Welcome, Marian! I know exactly how you feel re: the pandemic changing our social lives. A circle of friends in our neighborhood used to host social gatherings at our various homes. That stopped due to Covid. Then we started to gather outside while social distanced for Movie Nights. Now we don't even do that. My partner and I are close, but he works 6 days a week so loneliness does set in occasionally. I do make a point of getting out of the house every day, whether it be the gym or grocery shopping. I just pretend I live in Europe or Asia and go to the market every day. ;)

Anyway, I think you've found a great place to form connections. There are great people in this forum. Feel free to share. Glad you are here!

welcome from Dallas.jpeg

Hi,
I’m Marian and I’m lonely….. not for a partner… I’ve got one of those, though he’s not much company and not much of a partner😒. The pandemic has done me in. I don’t see friends anymore or go to my indoor classes anymore. Three years is a long time, and at my age I wonder how much time I’ve got left. I need some friends.
I like to read and watch good movies. I crochet. I love to exercise but am sad doing it at home, alone. Before the pandemic, I took Zumba and yoga classes every day of the week and made some great friends there. I also walk in a nearby park and sometimes photograph wildlife there.
I hate to admit this, but my husband doesn’t spend any time with me or talk to me. I’m becoming depressed.
I’m hoping to meet some nice people who like to have a good laugh or a deep conversation and who might be lonesome as well.
Hi Marian: Welcome to the senior forums!dO4Jczp4Ip-Gzf4SNDlvLlmBVbnFrFgyZ1cyrq6rCAE.jpg
This is a great place to meet people or just hang out. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hi Marian. Congratulations on reaching out. I felt very lonely on moving to a new town in 2021, and I (mostly) avoid in-person contact because of Covid concerns. But I'm gradually building a new and interesting life for myself, mostly online. One good thing leads to another.

Welcome from Nevada!! I really enjoy this forum. I am an extrovert so was happy when the vaccine came out and I could resume my normal activities. It’s really depressing to be isolated.

Hi Marian,
welcome to the forum! Your introduction reminds me of a sentence in a novel on a couple: "But they lived next to each other and not with each other". It also reminds me of my cousin in France who is sitting the whole day in front of the TV. At the moment his wife is still at work, but not for long anymore.
I'm quite sure you'll find many (virtual) friends here.

Welcome Marian. I'm sorry you are experiencing what you are with your husband. My father didn't talk much, at all...so hardly ever heard him and my mother having conversations. She was outgoing, so took many day trips and he was a homebody, so sometimes I was her company. I think the pandemic threw a monkey wrench into all of our active lives, including gathering with family and friends. I believe many of us here experienced the loneliness you are feeling. So I believe you've come to the right place! You could spend days just pouring over the multitude of interesting, informative and even funny threads about all kinds of things. Jump right in as far as posting more of your own. You'll get reactions and replies from the nice people here that will hopefully ease your loneliness.

Welcome Glitter Butterfly.gif

Hi Marian and welcome to the forum from Pappy.

I went to Army school at Aberdeen for 20 weeks back in the 50s. Yeah, I’m old.. :cool:
My youngest son, who is getting near retirement, has been with the NSA all his life and is in Maryland too.

Hi Marian welcome glad you took the 'leap of faith' to join us
As you learn your way around the site,you'll meet great group of members from around the world here at SF which makes it a cool place to hang out every day
I'm a life long book reader,kept a journal of the books I've read since 2000
Enjoy yourself,look forward to your future posts
Sue in Buffalo,NY

Welcome to the group, Marion...hope you really like it here. Remind me to tell you about my Aunt Eva's wonderful crochet pot holders!

Statue-de-la-Liberte-Marylin.jpg

Back