Is she flirting with me?

This either happens to Victor a lot or I'm losing my mind (which I very well might be)
LOL I'm embarrassed to be on the same board with people who have good memories. I know I repeat myself all the time because my memory is so bad. I just try not to repeat the same story twice in one day.

Now Victor. Maybe he goes to the doctor once a year and each time it happens. He tells her there's a sale on roses and she asks for one or else he says nothing and she "implies with her eyes."

perhaps some women who work amongst the male elderly believe its OK to flirt with the men as it is a form of therapy?

No, I think people do this sort of friendly banter all the time, it isn't a 'to the elderly' thing. And other than the jokey remark 'did you buy me one' when he mentioned a sale on roses, ( how is one suppossed to react when a customer/client mentions that to you?? ) everything else has been his interpretation not anything she actually said or did - sexy hips, imploring eyes , I doubt she was even aware of the way that appeared to him.

He described it really well. If she’s posing in provocative ways maybe she IS flirting. Maybe he should have bought her a rose.
I don’t know. 🤷‍♀️ One day I wore a summer dress at my chiropractors and he told me off. It was a knee length summer dress.
I certainly wasn’t flirting.
If she flirts with other older male patients, I think he should ignore her. But if it's just him, then I see no harm in asking her out for coffee or whatever. And, sure, bring her a rose.

I know I'm thinking of someone, just can't remember who.
Probably me.

My friends tell me I'm like a broken record of corny jokes. My memory isn't as sharp as it used to be, so I'm sure I repeat many of my cornball jokes month after month.

Probably me.

My friends tell me I'm like a broken record of corny jokes. My memory isn't as sharp as it used to be, so I'm sure I repeat many of my cornball jokes month after month.
No, it definitely wasn't you... I remember someone (or a few someones actually) thinking that [usually very young] women are flirting when they're being friendly. I can't remember who either, Pepper, but I'm on your page there.

If she flirts with other older male patients, I think he should ignore her. But if it's just him, then I see no harm in asking her out for coffee or whatever. And, sure, bring her a rose.
But she wasn't flirting. I would have said the same if someone said there's a sale on roses.... "And you didn't bring one for me?!" and it wouldn't be flirting. And if every time I smiled at a man, they thought my eyes were "implying" something, it would be extremely awkward. And if some dude's actually watching my hips and thinking I'm doing stuff I'm not doing.... no, just no. o_O

everything else has been his interpretation not anything she actually said or did - sexy hips, imploring eyes , I doubt she was even aware of the way that appeared to him.
True... all the OP said is that she "came into the room with very sexy hips." The girl can hardly change having sexy hips! How someone else interprets her body parts (creepy really) isn't something SHE can control.

But she wasn't flirting. I would have said the same if someone said there's a sale on roses.... "And you didn't bring one for me?!" and it wouldn't be flirting. And if every time I smiled at a man, they thought my eyes were "implying" something, it would be extremely awkward. And if some dude's actually watching my hips and thinking I'm doing stuff I'm not doing.... no, just no. o_O
You don't think she was flirting? I do. Actually, it sounds to me like she was being a tease, but it might well be flirting.

If I'm wrong, if I mistook the signals and I gave her a rose or invited her to lunch, what do you think she'd do? Feel offended? Report me to her supervisor? Press charges? I think she'd just tell me I got it wrong and that'd be the end of it.

You don't think she was flirting? I do. Actually, it sounds to me like she was being a tease, but it might well be flirting.
Nope, I seriously don't. All we've heard is one side... asking if he bought an extra rose when they were on sale and having hips that he thought were sexy. I see no flirting in this. She's in her mid 40s and it's most likely part of her personality... as it is mine, if this is any indicator. If she'd be old enough to join the forum (she's not) we'd hear the other side.

Curious, though... which parts did you think were flirting in what was said? Because like I've said, I've always done the same things and never thought anyone would consider it flirting.

Nope, I seriously don't. All we've heard is one side... asking if he bought an extra rose when they were on sale and having hips that he thought were sexy. I see no flirting in this. She's in her mid 40s and it's most likely part of her personality... as it is mine, if this is any indicator. If she'd be old enough to join the forum (she's not) we'd hear the other side.

Curious, though... which parts did you think were flirting in what was said? Because like I've said, I've always done the same things and never thought anyone would consider it flirting.
True, men can misinterpret friendliness for flirting, but I'm assuming the OP is old enough to tell the difference and so is the woman he's talking about.

Like you, I wasn't there; I'm just going by how it reads to me.

Men notice much more than most women realize. They also 'read' things into what they see sometimes, but most men know to keep quiet about it, unless the women has done other things that might be considered hints at having an interest...

I remember watching a rerun of “The Tonight Show” with Carson one night when Dr. Joyce Brothers was on the show and Johnny started talking about women that flirted with men. She said something like “A little innocent flirtation from either sex with the opposite sex is healthy.”

I watch the old reruns of “The Tonight Show” with Johnny Carson. They are much better than the new crap they are forcing us to watch. He had Rodney Dangerfield on a few weeks ago. He had me laughing so hard, I had tears in my eyes. Sam Kinison is even funnier.

True, men can misinterpret friendliness for flirting, but I'm assuming the OP is old enough to tell the difference and so is the woman he's talking about.

Like you, I wasn't there; I'm just going by how it reads to me..
I dont know OP - but i n general, No - people are not always old enough to interpret situations correctly - and they do sometimes misinterpret friendly banter as more than that and then start seeing other things that really are not anything - she 'implied with her eyes' type things

At a clinic where I have gone for 2 years the business assistant sometimes says flirty comments even though I am over 70 and she is about 40. I say there's a sale on roses she says buy me them. A joke? I say I want to go out to celebrate and she subtly implies with her with eyes. One time she came in posed in the clinic room very sexy hips then left. She is very professional at her job
The age gap is too much. And I stopped dating 10 years ago. I'd feel so shy embarrassed to say anything. I am a patient and she deals finance
Is she interested? Or is it my ego imagination?
It is interesting that you tell her that "there's a sale on roses." Are you making small talk? Do you see where I'm getting at? Ask yourself why are you telling her these things in the first place?

A conversation that you begin about roses might have put the business assistant (or anyone else) in a good mood and she responded accordingly. I honestly don't think she was "flirting" as much as teasing. I have come across women like that; they act like this to everyone in a lighthearted manner.

When I used to be an EKG tech in my early twenties, I was always cheerful to everyone, no matter the age or gender. I don't think I was flirting.

Back