Is Texas part of an alternate reality.... or an example of what is in store for America?

The same can be said of California, which has antiquated grids and ongoing problems.
Pacific Gas and Electric is our state's utility provider, and they've been found wholly responsible for a number of deaths due to their ragged infrastructure causing huge wildfires fires and a couple of gas line explosions.

Weren't they found guilty of a bunch of crimes during the Enron scandal? That's what I recall, but I don't feel like Googling it.
They were. They've also been found responsible for loss of life and property due to at least one wildfire and an explosion, but cases are still pending as they try to settle out of court. They advertised their new maintenance policies a couple years ago, basically singing their own praises while displaced people were still looking for housing. There was a huge uproar about that, and they slipped back into the darkness.

Sorry about introducing a diversion but IMO US must be built upside down - snow and ice in Texas and not so long ago hurricanes in New York. Surely Texas is closer to the equator than NY?

Sorry about introducing a diversion but IMO US must be built upside down - snow and ice in Texas and not so long ago hurricanes in New York. Surely Texas is closer to the equator than NY?

That isn't a new phenomenon @Warrigal ... hurricanes have come up the eastern Atlantic seaboard forever, and it seems like they do so every year.
And snow and ice isn't new in Texas in the winter months (especially Northern Texas) , but we have had plenty of ice storms along the Gulf Coast too, in the 43 years that I have lived here.

What's making news is the fact that the state cannot seem to repair the grid system, and maintain enough generators operating anymore.
So the finger pointing continues .....

Back