It seems like THEY are out to sabotage your efforts!

Nathan

SF VIP
THEY(you know who they are) always seem to hold your weight control efforts in low regard, and constantly presenting calorie laden "challenges" to your determination. The "let's eat out" request, that you know is going to cost you a 1000 calorie meal unless you just order water and napkins. Or the "come over and sample my latest home-brew", which you know you'll barely be able to walk home from.
It's tough being flesh & blood, and knowing that fat cells are the only part of your being even remotely close to being immortal. :unsure:

My doctor says be sure to have a full meal, not just a snack, when you take this medicine. Twice a day, Hungry or not.

They do it everywhere. I was eyeballing the vending machines at work. I noticed the snack section goes as so...healthy...unhealthy...healthy...unhealthy. They know full well you're gonna look at that granola bar and look at that Snickers bar and you're gonna want that Snickers. I know very few people running around craving granola bars. LOL!

The healthy stuff is never front and center because it doesn't sell as well and it's not the best tasting stuff. Then your friends are always offering you candy or inviting you to dinner and it's like...what would happen if they would say...you wanna go for a walk? Instead of you wanna piece of candy? Yes I want the DAMN candy but I need the walk. LOL!

I heard one of the dieticians commenting at work one day about not using dressing on her salad cuz she felt like it defeated the point. Without the dressing you're just eating a large portion of hamburger condiments. I figure at this point in life all I can do is do the best I can.

They do it everywhere. I was eyeballing the vending machines at work. I noticed the snack section goes as so...healthy...unhealthy...healthy...unhealthy. They know full well you're gonna look at that granola bar and look at that Snickers bar and you're gonna want that Snickers. I know very few people running around craving granola bars. LOL!

The healthy stuff is never front and center because it doesn't sell as well and it's not the best tasting stuff. Then your friends are always offering you candy or inviting you to dinner and it's like...what would happen if they would say...you wanna go for a walk? Instead of you wanna piece of candy? Yes I want the DAMN candy but I need the walk. LOL!

I heard one of the dieticians commenting at work one day about not using dressing on her salad cuz she felt like it defeated the point. Without the dressing you're just eating a large portion of hamburger condiments. I figure at this point in life all I can do is do the best I can.
Even granola bars aren't that healthy when you check the amount of sugar they have in them. And if they have dried fruit or chocolate, that just makes it worse. No wonder there are so many sugar addicts around. Hard to avoid it even when you're trying to eat healthy.

Even granola bars aren't that healthy when you check the amount of sugar they have in them. And if they have dried fruit or chocolate, that just makes it worse. No wonder there are so many sugar addicts around. Hard to avoid it even when you're trying to eat healthy.
After considering the ingredients list in a Granola bar I just regard them as a candy bar in disguise.

Last edited:
I use lemon juice instead of dressing on my salad. During the pandemic old, fat people with chronic conditions were dying and weight was the only thing under my control so I lost 50lbs. I have kept it off for 3.5 years by counting all my calories. I have always exercised.
Congratulations. Thats a massive weight loss.
I like the part about your weight being the one thing you can control. This is so true.
A positive attitude is the start

it is very hard at holidays people always pushing food cookies/ candy etc. i find it hurtful when my spouse does this because he thinks as long as i am fat he does not have to try to keep in shape. Then he does not know why i was mad last year he gave me about 5 lbs of candy for christmas

it is very hard at holidays people always pushing food cookies/ candy etc. i find it hurtful when my spouse does this because he thinks as long as i am fat he does not have to try to keep in shape. Then he does not know why i was mad last year he gave me about 5 lbs of candy for christmas
Yes food/goodies/wine/booze/weapons are not the most thoughtful gifts for people battling to control themselves.

My wife eats virtually no sweets but makes wonderful pies, cookies, and cakes. Tonight I'm bringing an apple galette she made to a Christmas party w my golf buddies. Going to stick to water, veg and proteins and then power down as much of that galette as possible w/out making an absolute pig of myself. And am not bringing any leftovers home. Wish me luck!

THEY(you know who they are) always seem to hold your weight control efforts in low regard, and constantly presenting calorie laden "challenges" to your determination. The "let's eat out" request, that you know is going to cost you a 1000 calorie meal unless you just order water and napkins. Or the "come over and sample my latest home-brew", which you know you'll barely be able to walk home from.
It's tough being flesh & blood, and knowing that fat cells are the only part of your being even remotely close to being immortal. :unsure:
THEY DO!!!!
My husband came home the other day with eggnog, candy apples and old fashioned FUDGE! He doesn’t like candy apples and had no fudge. I can’t get mad at him 🤷‍♀️
I honestly don’t think my man wants me losing weight. He gets jealous when I’m thin.

Back