It seems to work for me

pleinmont

I have a yearly flu jab. Also when I have been in the company of others, like when I go to the supermarket, not only do I put antibacterial hand gel on my hands I also put a tiny bit in each nostril. I can't remember when I last had flu, and I haven't had a cold for about three years. Maybe I have just got lucky.

The last time I had flu was in 2001 and I NEVER get a flu shot! The only flu shot I've ever had was in 1976. It was when swine flu was a thing. I went to school with people who got the swine flu shot and got so sick they nearly died. I got a regular flu shot that year.
I will never get a flu shot again. Most people who die of "Flu" actually die of pneumonia.

just getting over the awful flu ---and no way would I have a jab ---had a shingles jab last year =
my niece fell very ill after it ' but I try not to put stuff into me if I can help it !!!

Last edited:
Never get the flu or get vaccinated
I have not had flu for over 15 years (once I retired and wasn't at work all day, rarely got sick --- funny how that works). I don't get flu shot. My doc doesn't push them. As he states, you only have a 50-50 chance of getting a shot for the proper strain of the flu. That's why flu is so bad this year --- mutated and the early vac's don't work against the most current strain.

I have not had flu for over 15 years (once I retired and wasn't at work all day, rarely got sick --- funny how that works). I don't get flu shot. My doc doesn't push them. As he states, you only have a 50-50 chance of getting a shot for the proper strain of the flu. That's why flu is so bad this year --- mutated and the early vac's don't work against the most current strain.
Even so, it is generally acknowledged that having any flu shot, even for a different strain, helps lessen the severity of your bout with that different strain, should you come down with it.

Even so, it is generally acknowledged that having any flu shot, even for a different strain, helps lessen the severity of your bout with that different strain, should you come down with it.
True. Can't argue. I won't worry about that until I find I'm more 'compromised'. As I'm always posting, I work out 2+ hours a day, 5 days a week, eat a healthy diet, and have about 6 pounds of fat on me at age 69. That, I assume, is why I've not had more than a slight cold in about 15 years since retiring.

Funny how people who choose to get flu shots always try to convince everyone else to get them. But people (like myself) who don't get flu shots rarely tell people to avoid them; instead, they have a "To each, his own" attitude.
It's like flu shot fans want others to validate their decision, probably because they lack confidence in it.

It’s not that I’m against vaccines at all. It just hasn’t been a consideration since I don’t get the flu. My husband was very sick with the flu at Christmas but luckily I didn’t get it. It is possibly because I’m not very social. If I were in more of a social setting then I’d probably get it.

Funny how people who choose to get flu shots always try to convince everyone else to get them. But people (like myself) who don't get flu shots rarely tell people to avoid them; instead, they have a "To each, his own" attitude.
It's like flu shot fans want others to validate their decision, probably because they lack confidence in it.

I'm not seeing where anyone is trying to make anyone else get a flu shot. I certainly don't need validation.

If you don't want a flu shot don't get one. Be happy!

I have never gotten the flu shot. The last time I had the flu was about 30 years ago. Once the flu season starts I try and stay out of public places as much as possible. I have to freezers full of food and plenty to keep me occupied. I have never suffered from cabin fever.
I try and take as many precautions as possible if I do venture out.
Wash the cart down in the grocery store, I even wipe off the steering wheel in the car along with book covers and DVD cases I get from the library.
I don't put my pocketbook on the kitchen table or the grocery bags.
I can't live without my wipes and sanitizers. I think it paid off.

Back