It's July- Merry Christmas!!!

Last night was July 10th. Don't you agree it's a little early for Christmas commercials to be on t.v.? :cautious:
IMO, not only is it a reflection of taking advantage of consumers, it effectively taints the festive spirit of many, myself included.

I remember as a young child, when the lead-up to Christmas was actually an event, one that people planned for. Today, holiday advertising is strictly about sales... greed... store profit.

Many of the stores here have Christmas stock competing with Halloween stock in October. And I hate the way Thanksgiving gets passed right over in the retail world. Once Halloween is over it's ALL CHRISTMAS ALL THE TIME. Somehow makes the holidays feel less special when we don't have time to savor each one. Or maybe I'm just a curmudgeon.

Many of the stores here have Christmas stock competing with Halloween stock in October. And I hate the way Thanksgiving gets passed right over in the retail world. Once Halloween is over it's ALL CHRISTMAS ALL THE TIME. Somehow makes the holidays feel less special when we don't have time to savor each one. Or maybe I'm just a curmudgeon.
I agree with you!

A friend of mine who lives in California said she went to some store and the Christmas decorations were out already....she posted a picture...artificial trees and all.

Back