It's Too Darn Hot

fureverywhere

beloved friend who will always be with us in spiri
For those who feel global warming is a myth...we're gonna throw you on the sidewalk and cook ya. Tri-state this weekend is around a hundred degrees. The real feel temperature is 110. Today we spent the afternoon at the mall. Tomorrow we will spend the afternoon at the mall.

If me and my daughter share lunch and get a drink each it's not too expensive. She window shops and I read a few hours in Barnes and Noble. Then the Y pool is open swim seven to nine thirty. But really...you feel like a wet rag in this weather.
toon-1874.gif

We've had temps in the mid 30's and high humidity most days. My air conditioner has not worked all summer and trying to get it repaired was a bust. Summer, I am done with you.

Our hottest day so far I think has been about 28 with an ocean breeze to keep it bearable. Mind you, I'll be moaning about the temperatures come January and February when that ocean breeze is cutting like a knife through my five layers of insulation as I urge Max to go to the bathroom reeeeally fast because we're freezing to death:). I remember one year it was so cold that he was crying in pain from cold paws after about two minutes on the ground!

Something weird at night, if anyone can explain. Crazy high humidity and after dark when I walk the dogs the sky keeps lighting up. You don't see lightening or hear thunder but just huge bursts of light. Is it a storm in the distance?

Fur, I've noticed when it's really humid at night the lights from the town nearby seem to spread over the whole sky. Could be lightning in the distance is doing the same thing.

What's worse is it doesn't cool down at night and the humidity is very high. Tonight they may lift the warning (extreme heat) so I don't know if a storm comes through or not. Almost every day say chance of severe storms.

What's worse is it doesn't cool down at night and the humidity is very high. Tonight they may lift the warning (extreme heat) so I don't know if a storm comes through or not. Almost every day say chance of severe storms.

It's been the same here too, but we're supposed to get a break from all this beginning today.

Back