Jazz Anyone?.. Post the ones you enjoy....

Like the title of the song states, 'It's a Groove Thang' and that sum it up for me.

Reminds of past Jazz, like I'm sitting in a dive club in Chicago.
The Guitar and Brass meshes together so well.

The sound on this song reminds me of the exodus in the 60's by black jazz musicians from the U.S.
to Paris.

This group, Lee Ritenour, along with other Jazz greats, got me though my remote tour on Shemya AFB
in Alaska, 1974.

No set work hours, just got called whenever Raytheon wanted to do a test on their 'New' equipment.

Back to the room, kick back, Koss headphones on, and crank up the Reel-to-Reel.

( I know, I talk too much...)

Once touted as one of the bests jazz trumpers of the early 1950's up to the 80's the black jazz combos were fighting to get a piece of him but he sadly went down the road of drug addiction and pettered out late '80's - he played a cool haunting trumpet in his day!

I was only thinking today HC that you still lead a great lifestyle that you enjoy, something that evades me in old age due to my disability. So well done to you both, while confirming I would give charity £1000, rather than attend that event. No offense intended.
Kind of you Avon, no offence taken at all. But, for what it's worth I do know exactly what disability means, how it restricts not just the sufferer but those that are the carer too. How I agree, a social life and a restrictive disability are simply not compatible. It's a point that I try to think through and remember before posting.

There are many on this forum whose circumstances restrict a social life, I read their posts, I am humbled by their stoicism and I very much enjoy their input, as I do your's.

Back