Jesse from Port Angeles, Wa

Status
Not open for further replies.

w6kkt

I'm 80 years old and in pretty good condition for my age. In 1997 I retired from the Motion Picture Industry, where I was involved in "production sound". Before motion pictures, I was employed in the technical side of radio communicative, which afforded foreign travel. At the age of 15 I received my amateur radio license (w7oki), which blazed my trail into the world of electronics.
For 28 yrs I have been married to my beautiful wife (Jane) whom is 15 years younger. We have owned several cruising sail boats, which we lived on one of them, for a year, in Oxnard, California. In 1987 we moved to "Pine Mountain Club", California, where we built a "geodesic dome" home. When I retired (1997), we wanted to live somewhere other than California. After much travel we decide the place for us was Port Angeles, Washington. Not once have we regretted this move.
During my retirement I have been involved with radio control model sail-boat racing, which is very exciting. Jane and I have a beautiful 12 year old male German Shepherd, which rules our life!

Welcome from Tenn. Jessie.... You have lived a remarkable life and very interesting about the radio controlled sailboat racing..... I know you will enjoy it here. Lots of nice folks here ...

animated_welcome_cat.gif

Welcome, Jesse, from San Diego, CA. :) I'm considering a possible eventual move from CA to WA and I'd be interested in your cost and lifestyle comparisons.

Welcome and greetings from another 80 year old. One of the best things I have done in my retirement was sailing the Tonga Islands for two weeks on the twin masted 85' schooner "R Tucker Thompson" out of Bay of Islands, New Zealand

Hi there, Jesse. From personal experience I can say you chose well. My late husband and I chose Bainbridge Island, WA to retire to, and lived there happily for 18 years.

Nice to have you on this bb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back