Job discrimination

Thanks for that info, I found out it varies from state to state. Since the Great Recession it's been against the law in California to use your credit report keeping you from getting a job. By the way the lady that I interviewed me said she didn't care about my credit only that I wasn't a felon. Though she's behaved unprofessionally that she never bothered letting me know either way about the job?

Hmmm, she said 'I had to', or did she say you had to?
Having you do it makes zero sense

The question marks don't 'bother' me, they just confuse what you seem to be trying to get across

Oh, and yer title should actually end with a question mark....because you don't know

I'm partial to the number 7

Used to be 5 but it's 7 now
You’re such a goof. :laugh:

Thanks for writing, honestly I don't want to do those kinds of jobs, but when ever I apply for jobs this is what they guild me towards. Don't want to say No right off the bat, I don't want them to think I'm going to be difficult? I do have experience in the things you listed (thank you for that). I was a customer service supervisor, caregiver for kids and adults. Tomorrow I'm going to a job fair, Im not discouraged.
Keesha supplied a list of jobs that are not physically demanding. You don't want those kind of jobs even though the job you did have wasn't physically demanding. In another thread you applied at Home Depot which is quite different from your work experience.

What kind of job are you looking for?

As for seniors not being hired I think it has to do with what the job entails & the ability to perform it. Those hiring have the right to expect a prospective employee to be able to do what the job entails.

I think you read that Wrong? The last job I had WAS physically demanding, I worked in a paper manufacturing plant. Nothing but physically demanding which is why I retired from there and don't want to do that kind of work anymore.

I think you read that Wrong? The last job I had WAS physically demanding, I worked in a paper manufacturing plant. Nothing but physically demanding which is why I retired from there and don't want to do that kind of work anymore.
Sorry I was going on what you posted.

From post #7
"I do have experience in the things you listed (thank you for that). I was a customer service supervisor, caregiver for kids and adults."

Those things are from the list Keesha posted.
Customer service representative
Receptionist or information clerk
Bank Teller
Consulting or Free Lancing
Leisure,recreational and hospitality
Event planner
Crossing guard
Library Assistant
Cashier
Greeter
Hostess
Driver ( if you like driving )

None of those sounded like physically demanding jobs.

still curious
What kind of job are you looking for? Full time with benefits or part time?

Thanks for the list, I LOVE driving, for me very therapeutic. Someone wrote that what I did, didn't qualify me working at Home Depot... what it's a retail business with a customer service dept. I was a customer service supervisor for 3 year's, I think I qualify for that. I'm doing something that I hope sets me apart, in writing hand written letters with my resume. It worked before. I'm looking for Part-time work.

Thanks for the list, I LOVE driving, for me very therapeutic. Someone wrote that what I did, didn't qualify me working at Home Depot... what it's a retail business with a customer service dept. I was a customer service supervisor for 3 year's, I think I qualify for that. I'm doing something that I hope sets me apart, in writing hand written letters with my resume. It worked before. I'm looking for Part-time work.

Keesha originally provided the list.

Since driving suits you I think Uber & Lyft both look for drivers have you thought about those?

I love driving, but wouldn't drive any Uber or Lyft, wouldn't want to take a chance getting any crazy people. And my daughter use to drive Uber and said it wasn't worth it. Hopefully I can get into retail?

Back