Journey to the End

Thanks for that hug @spectratg

I think I'm going to right now take a slow pace at posting in this thread unless I need to make some updates or something that is concerning.

First of all, I've been pondering death and the end of my life for quite some time. That hasn't been easy but has gotten better for me. I was told I had a certain amount of years to live due to having a serious disease. I've now had the disease for at least 6 years that they know of. They being the medical people.

I know that life for everyone is different just as the end of life is. I don't totally accept the amount of years they told me I had. Who knows, really, how long they have to live? We are humans and not "things" that expire within their expiration date. I have been optimistic about what time I have left. I hope to continue to be optimistic and live my life in a manner that suites me. After all, it IS my life....lol.

I don't know exactly what it is like to die or what that moment or two at death will be like but I've been educated to know about how the bodily systems work in that capacity. I may also do some more research regarding that but not right now.

Anyhow if you've read this far Welcome to my Journal.

Hey Ruthanne, I hope your journey is a pleasurable one, and longer than you expect.

I suppose we all ponder our deaths, not a bad thing if it doesn't become all consuming. Planning is good.
I don't know exactly what it is like to die or what that moment or two at death will be like
Nobody who can tell us really knows either. It will be our final mystery...

Hey Ruthanne, I hope your journey is a pleasurable one, and longer than you expect.

I suppose we all ponder our deaths, not a bad thing if it doesn't become all consuming. Planning is good.

Nobody who can tell us really knows either. It will be our final mystery...
Thanks, I hope to make it as pleasurable as possible. Longer would be good, too. ;)

When I was first told I had this disease it was devastating because not in my wildest dreams did I imagine it. It did become all consuming for quite awhile and I was truly down and out about it. I'm thankful to say that now it is NOT all consuming and I can see the forest from the trees now. I'm no longer overwhelmed, thank God. Took me some time to get here, too, and I imagine it's the same for many others.

Yes, it will be our final mystery. Hopefully things will be quick at the very end--that's all we can hope for, I believe. Thanks for your comment!

I think I'm going to right now take a slow pace at posting in this thread unless I need to make some updates or something that is concerning.

First of all, I've been pondering death and the end of my life for quite some time. That hasn't been easy but has gotten better for me. I was told I had a certain amount of years to live due to having a serious disease. I've now had the disease for at least 6 years that they know of. They being the medical people.

I know that life for everyone is different just as the end of life is. I don't totally accept the amount of years they told me I had. Who knows, really, how long they have to live? We are humans and not "things" that expire within their expiration date. I have been optimistic about what time I have left. I hope to continue to be optimistic and live my life in a manner that suites me. After all, it IS my life....lol.

I don't know exactly what it is like to die or what that moment or two at death will be like but I've been educated to know about how the bodily systems work in that capacity. I may also do some more research regarding that but not right now.

My doctor gave me six months to live in 1980, I was retired after they reviewed everything, I got tired of waiting for death, and started helping other Veterans, a couple years later my doctor died, I have had other people die right beside me, my first wife died in my arms, the only things I want, are to die in my own bed , and without pain. May you have a long ,and happy life . God Bless You

My doctor gave me six months to live in 1980, I was retired after they reviewed everything, I got tired of waiting for death, and started helping other Veterans, a couple years later my doctor died, I have had other people die right beside me, my first wife died in my arms, the only things I want, are to die in my own bed , and without pain. May you have a long ,and happy life . God Bless You
Thank you. Your post is very inspiring to me. I'm happy for you that you have survived this long. Do you have any insights as to why you have lasted this long? I'd be most glad to hear them.

Thank you. Your post is very inspiring to me. I'm happy for you that you have survived this long. Do you have any insights as to why you have lasted this long? I'd be most glad to hear them.
I'm not sure , I have just about died several times, at times I wanted to die, I tried to take my life once but a friend stopped me, Make sure that you have people that you can confide in, if you live in a safe area, start taking a short walk everyday, if not find a place you can safely walk, I take my vitamins, and do a lot of research on what sickness I have, watch your doctors , some of them are just learning to. I stopped smoking and starting taking care of myself years ago.

I'm not sure , I have just about died several times, at times I wanted to die, I tried to take my life once but a friend stopped me, Make sure that you have people that you can confide in, if you live in a safe area, start taking a short walk everyday, if not find a place you can safely walk, I take my vitamins, and do a lot of research on what sickness I have, watch your doctors , some of them are just learning to. I stopped smoking and starting taking care of myself years ago.
Thank you. I will.

In this moment I am feeling peace and value it dearly. I am trying very much not to allow people who have no true concerns for me to trouble me. It should be easy but it is not always. I must realize they have their own problems. May peace come to them.

Life and death are hard enough we don't have to be dissuaded by some who in the scope of reality do not matter.

My life has been getting harder because of my health issues. I need to take better care. Thanks for your concern and prayers are most appreciated. More to follow.

Journey to the end. I used to darkly fantasize about death, not death specifically but not living life as i know it. TMS treatments helped me resolve childhood trauma and gave me different perspective of what happened real or not. This allowed me to clean my attic of old ways of thinking with new and improved elctro-magnetic stimulated brain circulatory system. Now my imagination with Keds can run faster and jump higher than ever before.

Journey to the end or perhaps seeing it all the way until the end? It takes courage and fortitude to grow old. My body and mind are deteriating, i am tired being pissed off about my life and the lack of opportunities I had for a better life. I beleive the circumstances of my life are directly related to the past by which life responds in the present.

Last edited:
Ruthanne. I hear you loud and clear and hope you live a long and pain free life.. As you know, I’m 84 and know the end could come at anytime. I have several things going on in my body too, but I have made peace with myself and the good Lord above.
iI love how upfront you are about your feelings and Heath. God love you lady. Pappy
I just saw your post as I forgot about this thread until I thought of it today 😃. Thank you for your wise words to me. I hope you live a very long life and enjoy yourself ❤️

Now I'm taking one day at a time for what else is there to do 🙂

Enjoying my pets and the things within my reach that make me happy or content.

Trying to remain grateful for what I have and not focus on what I don't have. I continue to try to make new friends and hoping for someone who I click with. I'm not looking for a romantic relationship but platonic friendship (s). I am chatting with several people on FB friendship app. I know people can be flighty so I am not worried about them but I venture on to find the sincere, genuine ones.

Getting enough rest is very important for me. It affects my mood so I try to get enough.

Ruthanne. I hear you loud and clear and hope you live a long and pain free life.. As you know, I’m 84 and know the end could come at anytime. I have several things going on in my body too, but I have made peace with myself and the good Lord above.
iI love how upfront you are about your feelings and Heath. God love you lady. Pappy
Bless you Pappy, and Mrs. Pappy.

Best book on dying I’ve read:

https://a.co/d/gbrMjwI

I'm trying to get my shit more together and give this life a fighting chance.

I'm taking one health issue at a time and hoping to get to 2 appointments. They are in June and July. I don't mind waiting awhile.

First I'll see a different GP because my old one is just plain mean. The one I will see is a female which I'd prefer for a GP. I saw her once before and she is very thorough and highly intelligent.

Next I'll go for an Ultrasound. I've put it off far too long. Just going to get it over with. I'll just think probably nothing is wrong.

I'll make more appointments after I get these over with. I am going to look to my insurance for transportation to the appointments that are farther than I want to drive my car.

This stuff is hard for me because it's giving me anxiousness. Wish me 🤞 luck?

I'm trying to get my shit more together and give this life a fighting chance.

Wish me 🤞 luck?
Good Luck Best Wishes Sticker - Good Luck Best Wishes Wish You All The Best  - Discover & Share GIFs

Back