JULY 2020, Tell us about your Day... Happy Birthday to Canada & the Usa

Hi Mike, glad you started a July thread but got to tell you that it's 2020. Anyhow Happy July everyone.

I slept a great deal of the day because as usual my hours are off again. Been getting my deliveries and tomorrow the manager is going to get me several things I need from the store. She's going to Giant Eagle so hopefully they will have those things. Nothing new, just making it through each day as best as possible.

WBdzmYj.jpg

This morning went on my early walk around 6:30, to buy Bflo News,was 70 with slight breeze
When I came back,watered the plants in the community garden
On my mid morning walk around 11 walked 2 blocks to buy my dinner,chicken/bacon ranch wrap
This afternoon after lunch/nap,brought my next door neighbor Pat, outside in community garden in the shade where we both were reading.We heard the cardinal chirping,otherwise it was quiet

Thanks Mike! Happy July to you and all the good folks here! I fixed the date. Today I took my daily walk in the park with the doggie, super hot, mid-90s....always carry water for him and let him have rest stops in the shade. When we got home I clippered off more of his fluffy hair. Now hubby's making us some tacos in the kitchen, looking forward to that! Hope everyone is doing well today! 🧡

333902-Beach-Hello-July.jpg

Got up early (5am) and went around the yard picking up tree debris. (straight wind came through in the night). Then got the chainsaw and cut up the 2 trees that fell across my drive, and the one that fell in the field.
Then I got out the tractor and finished bush hogging the southern meadow. Got that finished and took out the backhoe and started digging a water line from the well to the pool. Had to quit when some o-rings got to leaking Fixed them but too tired to bother today.
Just checked my mail box and got the re-seal kit for the injector pump on my tractor, so I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. :)

Hey Mike
Nice seeing you around.
I always enjoy your photos
Today I got up and filled a pan of water to have my sponge bath.
Once again our well has run dry so we have no water. Last night we filled empty containers at a nearby natural spring ( that’s tested eveyv2 weeks ) so we have water for ourselves, our pets and our plants.
Normally I use the water from the dehumidifier which I did today.
Before taking the dogs for a walk I wet them down first and bring water with me. It was a great walk.

Got some housework done, played my saxophone and sang. It was very fun even without water. I’ll still count my blessings.

The first thing I did, today, was get out of bed....Hubby got up before me to go to his Doctor....His last visit will be done next week...

When he came home I fixed his lunch and went outside in the back yard...Put the pool on and went in the Gazebo to read my book....

Then by surprise, our son and daughter in law came over to swim....It was a beautiful day....Tomorrow their son and fiancé will be here
to swim and have some good food for 4th of July....Have a good one, everyone.....

I'm house/puppy sitting for my sister for the weekend. Hit the farmers market this morning for ingredients for zesty corn relish and blackberry shrub. After cutting the corn off the cobs, I started a stockpot of corn stock. First time for all three recipes. The shrub has to mature before I'll know how that turns out. The corn relish needs a little something ...maybe more jalapeno. The corn stock is delish ...thinking about pressure canning it to have on hand for a soup base or sub for part of the water when cooking dried black beans.

Last edited:
Yesterday, morning I walked over to my close friends,Marcia&Dave to drop off a NYT article and to wish them a Happy July 4th
The rest of my day I stay inside because it was too warm,really no breeze outside,the high was 90
My next door neighbor,Pat's fan died, I ordered a Vornado fan for her.I lent her mine from my bedroom.I have another one in my living room
The rest of my day,watched NCIS: New Orleans marathon on POP network

This morning went on my early walk at 6:30 to buy Bflo News,felt nice&cool around 65
When I came back,watered the plants/flowers in the community garden
I looked in my fridge,realized I was out of iceberg lettuce,strawberries,tomatoes,so my mid morning walk at 9:30,went to the local co-op.Once again,noticed a couple young people not wearing masks
The rest of my day, having the fan on,read the paper,had a 'family zoom meeting' at 4.I'm continuing watching NCIS:New Orleans marathon on Pop Network.The episodes are from Season #6 which I hadn't seen.I hope to stay awake to watch at 10pm on CBS

On my early walk this morning around 6:40,only went halfway down the street,,temp was already at 71.I watered the plants in our community garden,then walked 3 flights up to my apt
I did some shredding,then about 45 min later walked downstairs out the back door, did 2 loops around our apt complex.There was a breeze which made it feel less humid
My energy level has been down because of the heat/humidty we've been having past couple of days,look forward to the rain,cooler temps by the weekend

This morning,went on my early walk around 6:45,went 3 blocks to local 7/11,temp was already 73
I saw 5 people out walking,4 in the 20-30 age group wearing no masks
This morning going with friend,Mary{she loves 3 floors above me} on a 'road trip' to local grocery store,'Price Rite', 7 blocks from apt building.I have walked to/from there in the past,its too hot to do so with the heat/humidity
The rest of my day read NYT,my book,after dinner tackle daily NYT crossword puzzle I usually get Mon&Tues,once in awhile I can get Weds

This morning when I went on my early walk at 6:45,to drop off letter at the mailbx at the end of my street it was 75 with no wind
I watered the plants in the community garden,while I was there sprinkler system was on felt some of the water by my legs felt wonderful
I hope to take mid morn walk around complex if its not too humid
NO other plans today

Just waiting for a telephone appointment with my doctor. Suddenly all my prescriptions can't be renewed online. The government requires 90 days of scripts to be filled, rather than 30 at one time. I'm fortunate to get mine for free.

Later, we're going to pick up lunch at the Japanese food mart. Katsu chicken with rice, potato salad and miso soup. Yum!

This morning when I went on my early walk at 6:45,to drop off letter at the mailbx at the end of my street it was 75 with no wind
I watered the plants in the community garden,while I was there sprinkler system was on felt some of the water by my legs felt wonderful
I hope to take mid morn walk around complex if its not too humid
NO other plans today
I never thought it would get this hot/humid,today we have a new record high,96,can't wait for the rain to come

Last night around 10:45 we had a thunder storm roll thru the area,didn't last long,or lower the temp
My early walk this morning at 6:15,walked to buy Bflo News&USA Today,was 78 already.When I came back,watered the plants/flowers in our community garden
This morning around 9:30,my friend,resident Thora&I will go on our weekly'road trip' to local grocery store,TOPS. We couldn't go last Fri she was at her daughter's{lives in Williamsville,NY burb of Bflo} for July 4th weekend
No other plans except stay cool since it will be another hot/humid day temp in the 90's

I went shopping today for the first time in a real long time and I really enjoyed it getting the things that I was able to pick out by myself.

The car I bought is running really good and it's a 4-cylinder it's really good on gas. I put $15 worth of gas in it in the tank almost filled up which is much better than the last car I had that used to take about $35 to fill.

Back