June 2020... Please tell us about your Day... June Flowers should be showing...

Well, now people can't go South from NJ, NY and Connecticut....If you do and come back to these states you will have to be quarantined...
Do people really stay Quarantined...when they get back to the North?
I do know some are still going South....That's their problem....They are not putting up Rode Blocks on 95.....

Today was very hot, so I drove over to the Marina where our boats is moored.. Only boat owners were being permitted entry, and all access denied to the general public. I got a few things done on the boat.. haven't been down there since the Lockdown, so it needed a bit of a dust down, and a clean. Lots of owners at their boats taking the opportunity to carry out D-I-Y..and some just enjoying the sun.,., Social distancing was easy , either stay on your own boat or one person stand on the pontoon, or boardwalk while the other stayed aboard..

IMG-6705.jpg

IMG-6702.jpg

The Marina cafe/bar was closed and will remain closed yet until the 4th of July, when all hospitality will reopen in England .

Got up so that's a good thing...at first I thought it's a good idea to stay in bed all day..didn't feel down but just felt good laying in bed.

Took a box to the manager to return an amazon item. She gave me a free plant pot and all I need to do is clean it up. It had been setting in the garage.

Was debating whether to get some groceries today but today it's already too late so maybe tomorrow. I am out of several items but still can do without as I have other food I can have a meal with. I've been getting mostly deliveries from Shipt services now and I chose Target as the store. I discovered their deliveries services cost less than Aldi's. I still like Aldi's too, though, and may get some things from them next week. I'm just not ordering as much from Aldi's any more.

I cut about 4 inches off my hair today and that makes me feel better. I saved a good 25.00 that way.

We will go for a walk tonight. Last night doggie and I saw the doggie that she likes a lot and they briefly sniffed and jumped for joy at seeing each other. We hadn't seen him or his owner in some months.

That sounds like a simple and very good method, Ruthanne!:love:

And sounds appealing.
I sorta wish I had been able to do that, a while back, but I think it's too late, now!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

As you can probably see from there :geek::giggle:
after it grew through an uncomfortable, inconvenient length, for a couple of months,
it has now recently become comfortable again, for myself.....
even though it is past my waist.....:rolleyes::oops:

But somehow, now it stays where I put it, instead of falling into my way, and I sort of enjoy the (temporary) uniqueness of the very long braid or ties.....and this way, I can get it off my neck, in the hot, humid season too.

Works for me....for now......:)
But wouldn't for most people. o_O:ROFLMAO:

I had it long, most of my prior lifetime. ;)

That sounds like a simple and very good method, Ruthanne!:love:

And sounds appealing.
I sorta wish I had been able to do that, a while back, but I think it's too late, now!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

As you can probably see from there :geek::giggle:
after it grew through an uncomfortable, inconvenient length, for a couple of months,
it has now recently become comfortable again, for myself.....
even though it is past my waist.....:rolleyes::oops:

But somehow, now it stays where I put it, instead of falling into my way, and I sort of enjoy the (temporary) uniqueness of the very long braid or ties.....and this way, I can get it off my neck, in the hot, humid season too.

Works for me....for now......:)
But wouldn't for most people. o_O:ROFLMAO:

I had it long, most of my prior lifetime. ;)
I think long is nice! I like to wear it down and when I go outside it blows all over the place. So, then I would put a rubber band thingy in it. It gets a big crease in it from doing that so to avoid that I cut it.

I had it very long most of my life, too, just feel like shorter now. :giggle:

On my early walk at 6:30a to buy Bflo News&Wall St Journal,I was doing my version of'singing in the rain',temp was 65.The thunderstorms predicted for overnight&early this morning never materialized
At 9:30,my friend Thora{who lives 1 floor above me} and I headed to local grocery store TOPS. We couldn't do it yesterday.I don't recall ever being in the store on Sat,should be interesting
The rest of my day doing my laundry,reading papers,try to get in afternoon walk if its not raining

Hubby & I were in Walmart early this morning.
i didn't have a big shopping list .
Think we were back home by 9 a.m.

Was raining when we got up,, now past 1:30,, appears the rain has stopped.
I'm removing old paint from a railroad lantern Dad had painted white.

Think I'll paint it a dull red & set it on the porch.
Would like solar light for it,, don't think I'll find what the type light, I'm looking for.

What a day. Listening to music a good part of today--it was called Summer Unwinding playlist on Spotify. They compiled a lot of my favorite songs so it was very enjoyable to listen to.

My bird Jasmine has gotten excessively vocal lately. Making the parakeet call really loudly and repetitively for long periods of time...I don't believe any of my former birds ever got that way but I was getting ready to cover the cage if she wouldn't stop. I told her "hush" firmly a few times yet did not yell. Then when she was quiet I talked to her for awhile and explained how it was hurting my ears already. Funny thing, she quieted down. I am still ready to cover the cage if she goes into another one of those..

She just started up again so I covered them. I will uncover them in awhile, though. You wouldn't believe how loud a little bird can get.

Had dinner, I made a vegetarian chili dinner. It wasn't bad.

I went to a yard sale today! I haven't seen one all year. Mom loves them and misses them so much. I didn't think there would be any yard sales anymore, but I found 3 today. It was a perfect day for one. Hot and sunny.

Yard sales are different now. The sellers put stuff out on their front lawns with a box of bags for people to take to contain their stuff. Everything is free so no money changes hands and you don't even see your hosts anymore. I got a new camera bag, tea towels, some craft items I needed, stationery and a silver chain which I can make a pendant for.

Honestly, it was the most fun, almost normal day, I've had since March. Mom was thrilled and that was the best part. We used to do this every Saturday back when things were normal.

I was awaken at 5:50 this morning by the birdies even though my bdrm fan was on low.,some mornings I don't hear them.I guess they wanted me to start the new week off early LOL!
On my early walk at 6:20 the sun was out temps in low 60's,didn't see anybody.When I came back,watered the 14 plants/flowers in our community garden
As usual,this morning,doing my weekly calling of Canopy of Neighbors members to see how they are
I usually take a mid morn after I talk with them
no other plans today

Today was very hot, so I drove over to the Marina where our boats is moored.. Only boat owners were being permitted entry, and all access denied to the general public. I got a few things done on the boat.. haven't been down there since the Lockdown, so it needed a bit of a dust down, and a clean. Lots of owners at their boats taking the opportunity to carry out D-I-Y..and some just enjoying the sun.,., Social distancing was easy , either stay on your own boat or one person stand on the pontoon, or boardwalk while the other stayed aboard..

IMG-6705.jpg

IMG-6702.jpg

The Marina cafe/bar was closed and will remain closed yet until the 4th of July, when all hospitality will reopen in England .
That is beautiful! What a wonderful place to spend your day.

It is a nice day today but I didn't go anywhere. Just took my garbage out to the dumpster. It was tempting to take a ride in the park but I needed to get my laundry done. Been sitting here at my computer fighting with a dirty fly that got into my apartment two days ago. Watching YouTube videos about tiny house communities and I have now subscribed to more parrot channels. Hooked on those.

been caring for hubby who has just come home from hospital --but got a line of washing out in the warm sun '
been to store to get a few things , -----going to do some window cleaning later ' will have our lunch in the garden make the most of warm days ...:coffee:;)

Toffee,sorry to hear hubby had to spend some time in hosptial,now that he is home,hope he feels better with each passing day
Yesterday morning on my mid morning walk,strolled over to see my close friends,Marcia&Dave.When I knocked&walked into the living room,my 'buddy boy',Aker{pharoh hound} got off the floor and came over to me wagging his tail.He hasn't been sleeping well lately,with the illegal cherry bombs,firecrackers going off around 11pm.He starts to shake,I hear them as well
At 6:30 this morning, was watering some of the plants/flowers in our community garden.It was very peaceful,no body else was outside,was very peaceful
I'm taking the bus in awhile,going to Target for couple things.I like that the store opens at 8am,can get in and out before it gets crowded

My hours are off again but it's not a big deal, I'm getting naps in when I can. I got a Shipt delivery from Target on Sunday and they didn't have all I wanted so I chose a different Shipt grocer (Fresh Times) this morning and got lots of fresh veggies and fruit and a few other items I really wanted. So, I am one happy camper. :giggle:

I have been debating about whether to go to the clinic for my appointments but I am still afraid of catching the virus there and even more so after I heard a doctor on ABC talk about how many who get the virus don't have a fever. They are using temperature checks as a way of screening for the virus at the clinic so they could be letting those in who have the virus with no fever, too. I don't feel safe going there.

The clinic can't be sure they aren't letting those with the virus in for appointments for other things and they so badly want people to come in for appointments because their revenue is down. I'm not going to risk getting the dreaded virus as I counted how many conditions I have going against me and it is six. I think I'm going to wait until I get the vaccine when it comes out. I am not in dire need of going there at this point.

Otherwise I am doing well and so are the pet family. Took Suzy for an early walk and now am airing this place out--I have all of my windows open. So, now I'm going to wash all my produce and relax.

Another warm summer day, humidity is climbing, having a shower right now, still weather alerts, warnings issued.
Funny thing about air conditioners......they never break down in January, at -40, they break down in summer, at +35.
Thought it may have been fixed this morning, didn't happen, service repair men are sooooo busy.....wonder why.
The one that contacted me back, will try to get here as soon as he can...........the other ones didn't even return my call......That really annoys me.
Got fans going, still around +28 inside.
I'm not complaining about the heat, after our l......o.......n.......g winters, heat is welcome.......but it's just more compy inside sleeping, doing inside stuff, and using the oven. I dare not heat the house up with the oven.😓😓😓😓😓

Back