Just My Imagination, Running Away....

Yes, many years ago, I was talking to a health inspector. Health inspectors tend to be very cool people; I have no idea why. Anyway, he said the Earth was like an orange, and humanity was like a mold or fungus on the surface.

The analogy breaks down at the humanity destroying itself part.
I like that analogy! And, as far as humanity destroying itself, we do have killer molds and fungi - I better clean out my refrigerator!

I like that analogy! And, as far as humanity destroying itself, we do have killer molds and fungi - I better clean out my refrigerator!

"...nature has not singled out humans for special treatment, and human beings are not the most recently evolved species on the planet in any event. That last honor, if it can be viewed as such, would likely belong to a virus, a bacterium, or another micro-organism, since their short generation times allow them to evolve, almost literally, in the blink of an eye. Humans are no more of an end point to evolution than they are its most recent product."
~~from Paleofantasy: What Evolution Really Tells Us About Sex, Diet, and How We Live by Marlene Zuk

Just a little story that needs attention. Time is running out. My concern is not for me but for those that follow, like our children and grandchildren. No, no spewing, just reality. IMO
Well then, I would be correct in stating that if the orb has destroyed every thing, what would be left? Certainly not any humanity. It’s kind of Sci-Fi, if you think about it. Like the episode of “The Twilight Zone” where a nuclear bomb or whatever it was destroyed everything living thing except for 1 man and 1 woman. I remember watching the rerun of that show and my grandpa, being the funny guy he could be sometimes made the comment “Those two better get busy. They got a lot of babies to make to refill the population.”

Climate change in the U.S. Is it good, bad or no difference?
The department of meteorology was just created in in 1888, or thereabouts. So, unless we look at geology, we are just guessing that climate change is the serious issue world leaders and corporations with money to gain by making people panic about it believe it to be. Sure we can do some things but they are quickly taking this too far which I will discuss in a new thread on another subject, but one that touches on this.

Back