Keep your gray or enjoy coloring your hair?

I'm gray and I really don't care! What I do care about is that I brush it every morning, I don't want anyone to see it when I first get up.

Why can't I do both? Dye my hair AND keep my greys? I've dyed my hair at least 2/year for a long time. My greys are a beautiful silver, I want them to show. Unfortunately, the auburn is dulling out and makes the overall look Eeeh. I'm am looking everywhere for a quality hair color product that will liven up and color the ucky 'auburn' and let my silver shine. But it seems it an all or nothing choice

or

?

from https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/gray-vs-grey-usage-difference#:~:text=Gray and grey are both,more common in British English.&text=This is one of the,common enough to seem familiar.

Gray and grey are both common spellings of the color between black and white. Gray is more frequent in American English, whereas grey is more common in British English. ... This is one of the most frequently queried words in English when it comes to spelling, because both spellings are common enough to seem familiar.
Thank you. I wondered why I could never spell "gray/grey" correctly.

I have decided to embrace my original color which is a dark gray and not color my hair anymore. I know it will take a good year or more but I am willing to go through with it.
My hair isn't really grey at 72, but it is "fading." I don't enjoy hair salons or DIY hair tasks, so I am opting to live with it (at least, for now!)

My sister finally did it, she stopped coloring her hair which was a beautiful auburn-reddish color and has opted to go gray. And it looks beautiful. It suits her well. I'm not ready to make the switch yet but must admit, I'm curious how it would look.

My sister finally did it, she stopped coloring her hair which was a beautiful auburn-reddish color and has opted to go gray. And it looks beautiful. It suits her well. I'm not ready to make the switch yet but must admit, I'm curious how it would look.
My daughter did the same change and now she is salt and pepper, but I really think she looked better and younger with the auburn dye.

My hair is mostly white...it is a really pretty shade...I have asked stylists about dyeing it but am always advised... since it is a great shade do not touch it with any coloring...I go back and forth wondering if I should highlight with platinum blonde streaks but have stayed with my natural color...

Because of a problem with my thyroid I have lost a lot of hair so I have never turned Gray. However, I buy a lot of wigs and they are all a mixture of gray and silver.
I've rather often thought of getting a wig or two in mousy streaky blond, just because my hair isn't as thick as it used to be and current meds are escalating the thinning process. I think I'd like the convenience of them. I'm just curious how well you tolerate them in hot months - any sweating or itching issues?

I've never colored my hair and don't plan to. I'm not all that gray yet. Come as it may, I'm just gonna roll with it. Heredity has everything to do with it. My family is slow to gray. My Grandma was in her late seventies when she passed and had salt and pepper hair. Same with my Mom.

I literally grew up in a salon. My Mom and her sisters owned one for forty years. So I had every opportunity to do whatever I wanted to my hair and for free! When I was in my teens up until I was about fifty, I wore it long, no layers. The only thing I did was have it trimmed every couple of months. I just wasn't interested in fussing with my hair too much. I didn't want to spend time styling. I'm still like that. Keeping up with coloring is alotta work and I don't want to be a slave to it. So I'm not gonna do it! I also don't want to use chemicals on myself. Anything applied topically is absorbed into the bloodstream. That's not said to condemn anyone else for using hair color. It's a choice. Do whatever makes you feel good! 🙂

Speaking of wigs. I have a couple I bought for fun several years ago. I'm brunette so I bought red and blond wigs. One evening when my husband came home from work, I opened the door wearing the blonde one. The look on his face was priceless! 😲😊 I wore it when we ate dinner and throughout the evening. He said, "It's like being with a different woman!" It was fun, lol. But I've never worn them outside my house.

If you're looking for wigs to wear, they can be quite warm but there are capless/lace wigs of both human and synthetic hair (or a combination of both) that are more breathable and offer more ventilation. Whether made from human or synthetic hair you must take care of them properly or they'll start to look ratty. You might or might not want to wear a wig cap under the wig. It depends. You can read about the pros and cons of types of wigs and wig caps and see which is right for you.

Here are a few sites that can answer some questions you might have. You can search google for more info, there's a lot out there!

Human or Synthetic Hair Wigs >> https://www.headcovers.com/resources/wigs/human-hair-wigs-vs-synthetic-wigs/

Are Wigs Hot To Wear? >> https://www.wigs.com/blogs/news/are-wigs-hot-to-wear

Capless Wigs >> https://www.thewigcompany.com/wigs/vc/wigs-traditional_capless/

Wig Caps >> https://www.simplywigs.co.uk/blog/do-i-need-a-wig-cap/

Ruby ✌️

Back