Keep your gray or enjoy coloring your hair?

The summer i decided to let my grey grow in, I had experimented with a "temporary" color that absolutely refused to wash out. It was supposed to be an auburn color that would only color the grey, but it colored EVERYTHING and it colored it a vibrant "burgundy". Needless to say, I wore hats a lot.

We were on the road for five months, thank goodness, and I knew I'd never see those people again.

When the black-and-silver roots got about 2 inches long, I stopped at the first salon I came to and said, "Hack off everything that doesn't match!"

Never colored again. I have embraced the silver, which is about 50% of my hair.

This has been a discussion with many of my friends ..... simply put some look good in grey .... others not so much.
May be dependent on their original color ... dark hair dyed or reds often look dyed where blondes can touch up grey without much notice.

I say do what you like if you are not happy with grey change it....but no one buys jet black when you look older....

I haven't colored my hair since Covid caused me to be working from home. I am surprised at how much color my hair still has. I have a couple packages of hair dye left from pre-covid and I don't know if they expire and I should throw them away or what.

A long time ago I remember my mom let her hair go gray, I think she was in her 70s, but apparently she didn't like it because she went back to dyeing it, or maybe she just liked more time at the hair salon.

I have decided to embrace my original color which is a dark gray and not color my hair anymore. I know it will take a good year or more but I am willing to go through with it.
Me too! :) I'm going from blue/green to whatever my original color is... some sort of silver, I hope.

I have an appt. with the stylist today to get the rest of the damaged ends cut off. My hair will be shorter than it has in at least a decade (maybe two), but I will have less to grow out. :)

I haven't colored my hair since Covid caused me to be working from home. I am surprised at how much color my hair still has. I have a couple packages of hair dye left from pre-covid and I don't know if they expire and I should throw them away or what.

A long time ago I remember my mom let her hair go gray, I think she was in her 70s, but apparently she didn't like it because she went back to dyeing it, or maybe she just liked more time at the hair salon.
I think it does expire; should be a date on the box somewhere. I'd check mine for you but I bit the bullet and threw them out. I'm embracing silver.... and wigs.

I think a lot depends on one's skin-tone. I liked the look of low-lights when my hair started to go gray. Once it started to get very white all over, it really washed me out. I am now a brunette again, and it makes a big difference. I no longer look like my driver's license photo (taken when I was gray).

Back