Knee replacement

Thank you-and good luck to you! And yes,he did all the same things-steroid shots,rooster comb shots,Meloxicam etc.,etc. It`s time now though. And he has heard the same thing-do the therapy! Most important part. He actually rides his stationary bike every night and his doc says that,even though it does cause his knees to hurt worse,it will make his therapy much easier. We`ll see. Doc says he should only stay overnight in hospital and return to work in 2-3 weks. He`s planning on 2-or at least doing a few hours a day.
Glad to hear he is doing good.

I don't either, but don't like the present pain. Medicare pays for it and no pain is the end result, I will take it.
I say Medicare pays for it, well I will have a copay to do, but that is all. Exercise! I already try to get in 10000 steps in each day. Not every day. About 3 days out of the week, I make it over 10000 steps.

A minor thing, but you can get a scrip for a cane. And a handicapped hang tag. I got both when first diagnosed with my hip problems, and though I do not use them all the time, they are good to have. Especially when recuperating. I assume from your post you are still working, as you mention work insurance. Find out how long you will need to be off work, so you can plan with your employer. That is all I can add right now.
No, I don't work, I volunteer. I volunteer at a senior center, and I line dance, play cards, and dominoes, and am on the board. So, I stay busy. I am looking in to the care for my two little dogs. Home sitters or the kennel.

I've been putting off knee replacement for several years and because of the worsening pain, I have become very sedentary. But I can't take the pain any more and have given myself a year to lose weight and gain muscle strength in anticipation of an easier rehab after surgery. Sounds like you are still pretty active so you should have good results and regain good range of motion. Good luck.

Back