Ladies, would you be able to walk in these shoes?

Would I be able to walk in these shoes?

Only very carefully for a few steps. They look like artwork and not shoes.
Except for the one with the butterfly, it sort of look likes a macaroni hodgepodge on the sole. Like the kind kiddies made in preschool and painted gold.

Never. In those shoes I would never be able to jump over a fence while running away from an angry bull. 😄

I remember reading something like that in a novel by Louisa May Alcott. A wise uncle overrides the aunts of an orphaned girl who want to dress her fashionably in a corset and restrictive clothing. He liberates his niece from the confines of fashion.

The shoes also remind me of the Chinese practice, now outlawed, of binding the feet of little girls resulting in permanent crippling as adults. I'm so glad that my mother was a shoe saleswoman who protected my growing feet by always insisting on well fitting, sensible footwear.

No, I couldn't walk in those shoes, and from the looks of them, I also wouldn't want to. Never been into high heels, but have worn 3" or lower when necessary in the past. Been years since I wore any, on a daily basis I'm either in sneakers or hiking shoes.

I probably still could; but I certainly wouldn't. With all the catastrophes going on around us, we should all be wearing running shoes 24/7 --- ready to run for cover any time. :confused:

Back