'Leave It to Beaver' actor Ken Osmond, known for role as Eddie Haskell, dies at 76

Last edited:
OMG, I just saw this. I wasn’t aware that Ken Osmond had died. I saw him one time in LA at a bookstore by accident. We were laid over and I liked going to Century City just to walk around the outside open air mall there. I had gone into the bookstore just to pass some time when this man handed me a book and said that I may like it, if I liked non fiction. I don’t even remember the name of the book, but I looked up at him and told him that he looked like Eddie Haskell, but he has probably heard that before. When I saw that big grin, I knew that it was him.

I had a pact with myself that anytime that I met a celebrity, I would only ask for a handshake. He was more than happy to oblige. Older former stars like to be recognized. BTW, he was a really nice man.

My husband and I used to crack up every time Eddie Haskell appeared on the screen. We decided he was probably the first "method actor." He was so natural and believable, playing that sardonic character in the middle of that corny show!

Back