lets do a roll call, how has covid

I don't think we have that general certificate in the U. S.. You can get your GED equivalent later in life for high school graduation if you didn't graduate from high school.

But yes, abusive parents often don't care about their children's future. Not everyone needs a high education to make a good living. But college was never even suggested to us kids. I ended up getting a job dong dishes after working at the cannery. That's what I thought my worth was. I was also put in classes for slow learners which I am not. I'm plain average. I see now that suited my mother just fine. As a borderline, she didn't want me to excel and move on. They want to keep their kids trapped.
I’m sorry to read this.
I hope you know your worthiness now.
I’ve never had Covid.

No, I don't feel I have worth. But thank you anyway.
Remy, you know my story of my childhood.. and I felt like you for the most part of my life, until I realised that by feeling this way I'm still giving my long dead father.. ( sperm donor is who I prefer to think of him).. the power over how I feel..

As a child none of us little victims could prevent that.. but as adults.. we can... . Stand up.. be proud that you are a success , despite the people who caused you great harm.. never allow those people to steal your spirit.. because you're simply a much better person than them, and always will be !!

I have not had it yet. I am fully vaccinated but I am still following covid guidelines. I went to the doctor today, orthopedist, but a very busy practice. Most patients are older or young people active in sports. Of about 30 people waiting they were only three wearing masks, including me. There is also a very active stomach virus going around. I don't want either one.
There are larger masks, designed to be worn on the stomach.

😂

As many old timers here may remember...I had it in July of last year, while I was in the rehab center after my hip replacement. I had to be confined to my room for 10 days..meaning I could not leave for therapies...had them in my room. Set me back a bit, but I survived. I'd had 3 shots by then, and the nurse said it kept my symptoms on the mild side.
I have been OK since. Have not gotten the 4th shot yet

There are larger masks, designed to be worn on the stomach.

😂
What is your point? It makes me feel better to be cautious about covid or any other illness why does that bother you? I do not judge anyone on their preference, it they choose to vaccinate, fine, if they choose not, fine. This stomach virus is bad. Maybe, you have someone to take care of you if you are sick, I do not. A bad stomach virus can be severe for many in ill health. Wish I could laugh, not worry if I get sick, I do not have that option. If you have a problem with others decisions, the problem is yours not mine. I have no right, no reason to judge another person for any reason.

I was answering a thread about what you have done differently since Covid. That got me to thinking how many of us have had Covid. I know many have been through it but I have been lucky, not yet.
If you have had it what advice can you give, what made you feel better, what OTC did you take, what diet seemed to help you feel better? What things should we try to have in our homes in case. I know we need a thermometer. Do we need ice packs, heating pads, What food, drinks etc. set well with you and your family?
Was just watching videos on YouTube and saying to daughter: "Isn't it strange that since that guy's dismissal and a new one in place, that News of Covid have just died down?"

Due to Pandemic, I believe it's still ongoing, our plans to travel (daughter wants to do so with me since hubby's died) have gone out the window. However, if you view news on TV, newspapers or even YouTube, there's no mentions anymore about Covid, Monkey Pox...

All we know is that government workers are supposedly 3 days at work, 2 days off or working from home still, there's been a trial in private companies of a 4-day week which sounded successful but that's it simply.

Having parents and grandparents that went through the "Spanish Flu" and spoke about it to great lengths, the rule of thumb I follow from them is: "Wait three years or four before considering major travel plans... " We have cases of flu every year now.

Luckily, we both suffered what felt a regular cold, but it drained both of us. We stayed home, covered up if we needed to go out for supplies and that was it. No tests, nothing as we were told we didn't have the correct symptoms. Did we? No idea...

As many old timers here may remember...I had it in July of last year, while I was in the rehab center after my hip replacement. I had to be confined to my room for 10 days..meaning I could not leave for therapies...had them in my room. Set me back a bit, but I survived. I'd had 3 shots by then, and the nurse said it kept my symptoms on the mild side.
I have been OK since. Have not gotten the 4t
Do you think you will get another booster? Was the covid bad, that you don't want to take any chances or was it tolerable like a bad cold?

I have been OK since. Have not gotten the 4th shot yet
yes I remember well Marie, you were very poorly and very frustrated at not getting home..

I made my last business trip to Seattle, where my headquarters was based, in February 2020. Our flight was canceled and I stood in a line to be rebooked with 160 other people who were sneezing and coughing. Covid 19 had not yet been identified. A few days after I arrived home I had a headache, fever, diarrhea and horrible congestion. It literally took me months to get rid of the congestion in my chest. My partner caught it. He never even catches a cold. He also had congestion and a horrible cough for months. I'm 65. I'm healthy and fit. He's only 57.

Then the vaccine was made available. We've had all 4 shots since then. I've had Covid again once since then (tested positive in August last year), but the symptoms very mild and the congestion went away quite quickly. My partner never even caught it.

I'm all for whatever your decision is regarding getting/not getting the vaccine, but I choose to believe that it worked for us.

Not everyone needs a high education to make a good living. But college was never even suggested to us kids. I ended up getting a job dong dishes after working at the cannery. That's what I thought my worth was.
I have known many people who never had a chance to get a 'high education' and many that worked menial jobs. They were just as worthy as those with more formal education and "better" jobs.

Life is an 'education' and teaches us more than formal schooling ever can. Never think your worth is defined by your education and job - don't detract from your self-esteem.

We may have recently had Covid. About a week ago my husband got really sick. He had a cold and it was a wicked cold. About 3 days later I got the same illness.

This virus goes through the body and you can feel exactly where it is in your system.

It starts out with a bad headache and then suddenly it feels like something scratchy is squeezing the throat.

Then there are hot and cold chills that go on for days while energy level is at a minimum.
Muscles throughout the body ache

If you eat too much food you feel really nauseous.

Congestion is so bad you can’t breathe through your nose properly without intervention

Having said all that I haven’t had a cold in years so don’t know if this was just an extra bad cold or Covid.

What I don’t want to do is go to a medical centre with a bunch of other sick people to find out if I was right.

As far as having the Covid, I have heard 2 versions of the story from different people:
1. I had it. It was just like a little flu.
2. I had it. It was terrible. I couldn't do anything. I thought I was going to die.

Different strokes for different folks; I guess.
I don’t know if we have this but if we do it’s somewhere between #1 and #2
I’ll check to see where I can get a Covid test and go from there. Luckily the only person I see is my husband.

If it is Covid I’ll view it as having extra immunity. Thanks for all the support
😂

Back