Let's see some high school pics!

I can only find a few newspaper cuttings of my time in secondary school with our choir. I was about 14/15. In one photo I am on the first row far left and in the second I am looking around Johnny Morris. (Don't know why. I hate having my photo taken now but perhaps I was young and naieve) :giggle:

Attachments

• Morris 2.jpg
    Morris 2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Morris 1.jpg
    Morris 1.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 20
I'm laughing because I know what you mean.
After graduation I went to a high school reunion at the school. We were supposed to sit in the auditorium seats where we sat when school started.
I was the only one there from my class.
When I saw one of my old classmates I asked him why he didn't show up. He said,"Why would I go there, I hated school".
If we were taking about Junior High I would have been on board. Junior High ( grades 7/8 ) were, by far, my best years. We had great teachers, great students and great trips away without parents so we could actually bond with some of our fellow students. There was a Junior High reunion that I DO wish I went to. Apparently I was one of the few who didn’t go. From what I heard it was a real success. The most popular couple got married, had kids which were then in the same class taught by one of our teachers who was still there.
It made me smile. They were beautiful & popular but NICE.

Going from THAT to high school totally sucked. I didn’t fit in with anyone at high school except for the band nerds 🥴 and later bad kids🤭😅

I played basketball and football and my girlfriend was a cheerleader at a rival school.

It was a fun time. Perhaps too much fun and not enough study.

But there was one class that I thought I would never use and that was cooking.

It turns out that one was the most valuable now. I love cooking for myself and experimenting with different recipes.

No pic either. I was there tho.
Long straight hair, parted down the middle. This was 1972..(graduated)

We moved, so I really didnt know too many people or have close friendships. Sometimes I would leave at lunch and go to another high school to see my friends.
Didnt really care for high school i guess, because of that.

We moved around a lot and I was for many elementary years pulled out of school
and a year or two in Jr. High to work in the cotton fields. Start to school the day
after Labor Day (always) then pulled out of school during the first week of October,
sometime in late September, then barely passing most subjects, I failed to get
some of the basics necessary to do high school work. But there is a lot we can
learn on or own and since release from miltary service, most of my life, I have
studied something. I went to nine schools. I was always the new guy and the dummy.

We moved around a lot and I was for many elementary years pulled out of school
and a year or two in Jr. High to work in the cotton fields. Start to school the day
after Labor Day (always) then pulled out of school during the first week of October,
sometime in late September, then barely passing most subjects, I failed to get
some of the basics necessary to do high school work. But there is a lot we can
learn on or own and since release from miltary service, most of my life, I have
studied something. I went to nine schools. I was always the new guy and the dummy.
You deserve a first class medal.

I can only find a few newspaper cuttings of my time in secondary school with our choir. I was about 14/15. In one photo I am on the first row far left and in the second I am looking around Johnny Morris. (Don't know why. I hate having my photo taken now but perhaps I was young and naieve) :giggle:
Treacle, You are BEAUTIFUL! but these are the only photos you have from that period of time?

Treacle, You are BEAUTIFUL! but these are the only photos you have from that period of time?
@Gaer I have moved so many times over the years that I don't have a lot of photos. I kept the scrapbook because of my time in the choir which I loved. I have a few photos when I was younger and I did have an album which may or may not be in the attic with a few other photos for that time or later but the newspaper ones were at hand. Thank you for your kind words. I always lacked confidence and thought I looked horrible in photos so didn't have many taken. If I get up into the attic I will have a rummage. 🤗

IMG_0431-001.JPG

This is the only teen pic I have available right now... junior high drill team in 70's

My highschool graduation pic was formal with a black "drape" over my shoulders that was supposed to look like a strapless gown. I am a reserved person and was *very* uncomfortable with all that skin showing... the photographer got it adjusted where he thought it looked good, then when he turned his back to do something with the camera, I'd wiggle just a little to bring the neckline up a little... he saw and matter-a-factly pushed it back where he thought it was good. I think we did that like three times before I gave up, lol.

View attachment 124052

This is the only teen pic I have available right now... junior high drill team in 70's

My highschool graduation pic was formal with a black "drape" over my shoulders that was supposed to look like a strapless gown. I am a reserved person and was *very* uncomfortable with all that skin showing... the photographer got it adjusted where he thought it looked good, then when he turned his back to do something with the camera, I'd wiggle just a little to bring the neckline up a little... he saw and matter-a-factly pushed it back where he thought it was good. I think we did that like three times before I gave up, lol.
View attachment 124052

I too am reserved and I doubt the photographer would get away with that today.

View attachment 124052

That is a nice photo. Very pretty girl.

Back