Liz Taylor's Rolls Royce 'Green Goddess' For Sale

1959 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud
Like the Grand Canyon, photos do not do a Rolls Royce justice!
170502-Ken-Adam-Rolls-Royce-Silver-Cloud-I-3.jpg

Now there you go Meanderer...that's what I'm talking about, burled walnut...only LH drive...lol! Thanks or finding this and posting it. Brings back
fond memories. People always looked at "The Lady" when we drove her and remember once we stopped at a gas station and a man ask if he could show his son the car...told him to get right in. He explained to the boy (probably 8 or 10 yr old) all about her and that he would remember this day when he sat in "The Lady". Think he knew more about her than we did.

We've owned a lot of "fast" collectable cars, but this was the most memorable of the bunch and certainly the classiest of the lot.

We did have to replace the iconic hood ornament and have it welded on...someone stole the original one.

Now there you go Meanderer...that's what I'm talking about, burled walnut...only LH drive...lol! Thanks or finding this and posting it. Brings back
fond memories. People always looked at "The Lady" when we drove her and remember once we stopped at a gas station and a man ask if he could show his son the car...told him to get right in. He explained to the boy (probably 8 or 10 yr old) all about her and that he would remember this day when he sat in "The Lady". Think he knew more about her than we did.

We've owned a lot of "fast" collectable cars, but this was the most memorable of the bunch and certainly the classiest of the lot.

We did have to replace the iconic hood ornament and have it welded on...someone stole the original one.
😮WOW Liberty! You know about living large. ⭐🌟😃

😮WOW Liberty! You know about living large. ⭐🌟😃
Yeah, RR...we've had quite a life. If I was one to talk about some, the tales I could tell...lol.
Have always liked cars though. Lets face it, we grew up when "wheels" made all the difference in the world! Wonder if anyone else remembers the 57 coats of candy apple red paint some of the "hot " carriages wore in the 60's?! Hey, I had hot pink nail polish...you do the math.

The Spirit of Ecstasy of the Rolls Royce, the statuette of a woman with her arms out behind her.

"The figure's model was Eleanor Thornton, the mistress and personal assistant of an early British auto enthusiast, the second Lord Montagu of Beaulieu. It was created by sculptor Charles Robinson Sykes for the baron’s 1909 Silver Ghost. It has remained the brand's mascot in one form or another on all Rolls Royce cars since the Roaring 20s."

rtx143g9.jpg

"It’s widely believed that Sykes' original Spirit of Ecstasy was simply adopted later as the Rolls symbol, but in fact the statuette has been modified over the years. The original, dubbed the “Whisperer” because the figurine is holding a finger to her lips to signify the secret love between the baron and his secretary, was used on only about 60 Silver Ghosts made between 1909 and 1914. The Whisperer version of the figurine is worth about $2,700."

https://www.ibtimes.com/how-rolls-royce-got-its-lady-hood-ornament-has-endured-1909-photos-1434712

Last edited:
Liz.. was class personified. Meanderer...you are tearing me up with "The Lady" ornaments. We had the big one... the "Flying Lady". Had several other rolls over the years, but nothing compares to that body style for class.

Wondering if others here have had any Rolls or Bentleys?

RadishRose...our business partner bought and sold a few Rolls...believe it or not they were also "beater cars". It was said "The Lady" would never let you down...she'd simply start talking to you with her struts ...they'd hammer so loud you had to go get them serviced before anything worse could happen...lol.

We have an old classic 91' Renegade Jeep with a bikini top - its a straight "six" that's our toy. You get attached to cars, sometimes, you know. Funny story, about 5 years ago, we bought a new Caddy CTS Coupe...cool sporty car. Now we've always garaged the Jeep...it sports a beautiful hot "red" paint job that looks showroom new today. However, with that said, the new Caddy was sitting out front ( also a gorgeous cherry red - believe all cars should be red...lol).

Well, we had a hail storm. Can't remember the last time we'd ever had a hail storm, but just like the good Rednecks we are, the poor Caddy took the hit and the Jeep kept sleeping in the garage. $3600 later, Caddy was back to new...lol. Luckily they didn't have to repaint it - auto repair had an amazing guy take out the dimples. Guess we never learn.

1983 Aston Martin Lagonda Owned by Elizabeth Taylor

"You missed a RARE opportunity to own one of the most Expensive Cars in the World and a car owned by the Legendary Starlet of the Big Screen, Elizabeth Taylor. Also this car was featured in a commercial for Elizabeth Taylors White Diamonds Perfume. (Elizabeth Taylor information Verified by Aston Martin Historian). This Aston Martin Lagonda is one of just of 645 cars made from 1976-1990 with a window sticker of 150K in 1983 and then given some of the Tickford upgrades. The White Diamond Pearl paint and Hand Built all Aluminum Body has under gone an Extensive and Expensive restoration in 2012. "
1122310-1983-aston-martin-lagonda-std.jpg

1983 Aston Martin Lagonda Owned by Elizabeth Taylor

"You missed a RARE opportunity to own one of the most Expensive Cars in the World and a car owned by the Legendary Starlet of the Big Screen, Elizabeth Taylor. Also this car was featured in a commercial for Elizabeth Taylors White Diamonds Perfume. (Elizabeth Taylor information Verified by Aston Martin Historian). This Aston Martin Lagonda is one of just of 645 cars made from 1976-1990 with a window sticker of 150K in 1983 and then given some of the Tickford upgrades. The White Diamond Pearl paint and Hand Built all Aluminum Body has under gone an Extensive and Expensive restoration in 2012. "
1122310-1983-aston-martin-lagonda-std.jpg
👎

RadishRose...our business partner bought and sold a few Rolls...believe it or not they were also "beater cars". It was said "The Lady" would never let you down...she'd simply start talking to you with her struts ...they'd hammer so loud you had to go get them serviced before anything worse could happen...lol.

We have an old classic 91' Renegade Jeep with a bikini top - its a straight "six" that's our toy. You get attached to cars, sometimes, you know. Funny story, about 5 years ago, we bought a new Caddy CTS Coupe...cool sporty car. Now we've always garaged the Jeep...it sports a beautiful hot "red" paint job that looks showroom new today. However, with that said, the new Caddy was sitting out front ( also a gorgeous cherry red - believe all cars should be red...lol).

Well, we had a hail storm. Can't remember the last time we'd ever had a hail storm, but just like the good Rednecks we are, the poor Caddy took the hit and the Jeep kept sleeping in the garage. $3600 later, Caddy was back to new...lol. Luckily they didn't have to repaint it - auto repair had an amazing guy take out the dimples. Guess we never learn.
LOL, Somehow I can't imagine a Rolls as a "beater". But The Jaguar is a mechanic's dream as well as most Corvettes...rattletraps. I don't know much about cars, was never that interested in them, altho' I can appreciate a really nice one. :cool:

Last edited:
LOL, Somehow I can't imagine a Rolls as a "beater". But The Jaguar is a mechanic's dream as well as most Corvettes...rattletraps. I don't know much about cars, was never that interested in them, altho' I can appreciate a really nice one. :cool:
Yes, the Rolls was a tough old car brand, not just a luxury one. Built for longevity. We owned a couple of XKE Jags...the carburetor was the secret to the engine in that car. Everything was made real "tight" and not loose like our big old USA Detroit boats. The oil came up and flooded the engine so you normally burned a quart of oil over so many miles - again, not like American cars where if you used oil, get ready for the bone yard. Corvettes? Don't get me started...we have had 5 of them.

One, a new 427, 435 hp you couldn't keep still with both feet on the break. It smoked. We used to race a bit, too. Vettes... not my fav either, for sure; you fixed one thing and something else broke. Went through 3 engines in the 427. My fav car was a 1959 powder blue Thunderbird convertible. Wow, did I love that car! You don't sound like you are a car gal, right? Maybe we need a "car" thread for us car buffs.

Yes, the Rolls was a tough old car brand, not just a luxury one. Built for longevity. We owned a couple of XKE Jags...the carburetor was the secret to the engine in that car. Everything was made real "tight" and not loose like our big old USA Detroit boats. The oil came up and flooded the engine so you normally burned a quart of oil over so many miles - again, not like American cars where if you used oil, get ready for the bone yard. Corvettes? Don't get me started...we have had 5 of them.

One, a new 427, 435 hp you couldn't keep still with both feet on the break. It smoked. We used to race a bit, too. Vettes... not my fav either, for sure; you fixed one thing and something else broke. Went through 3 engines in the 427. My fav car was a 1959 powder blue Thunderbird convertible. Wow, did I love that car! You don't sound like you are a car gal, right? Maybe we need a "car" thread for us car buffs.
I haven't heard a big car called a "boat" in years, LOL!!

You're right, I was never that "into" cars. But I do like nice things and that can include cars, too.

Now @Meanderer , getting back to Liz... what other cars did she have?

Back