Look down...What Do Your Shoes Say About You?

I have a variety of Crocs and use them around the house and to go to the stores. I feel like I'm walking on a cloud. :D
I hate crocs, don't find them comfortable in the least... whereas my daughter wears crocs at home all the time, indoors and in the garden. She wouldn't go out in them but she definitely finds them very comfortable for around the house, she won't wear anything else...

I hate crocs, don't find them comfortable in the least... whereas my daughter wears crocs at home all the time, indoors and in the garden. She wouldn't go out in them but she definitely finds them very comfortable for around the house, she won't wear anything else...
I bought myself some leather ones that are quite comfortable. Probly faux leather, but still...

Well, that's too bad that you hate the Crocs.

This reminds of when i first arrived in Hawaii in 1972. I got 'Kelly Girl' passing out samples of a new menthol cigarette on Kalakaua Ave in Waikiki. 1st day i wore a light white blouse that had opaque flower pattern against a see thru background, white bra underneath. Ended up with the weirdest tan for awhile.

Last edited:
iu

Wife suggested I get some slip-on type shoes because we were flying to Disney World 3 years ago.
I picked a pair of Skecher's loafer type to wear.
Walked all over WDW for 9 days and I was sold. Best shoes I've worn for comfort since my 'Desert Boots' of the 60's.

Got a pair of Red Wing steel toed work boots I'll wear if the situation calls for extra protection.
( As @squatting dog might confirm, there are work boots, then there's Red Wing. )

Drag them out mostly because of the price I paid for them; I got to get some use out of them after I retired.
Last week I put them on to change out the kitchen faucet and the wife walked by while I was under the sink and chuckled.

She just doesn't understand a worker man's need to dress for the job...:)

View attachment 184616
Ever since I saw these shoes on this thread I have been guilty of the sin of covet. But not anymore.

View attachment 184617
The style is slightly different but I'm loving them.

Apologies for missing your post, you must think me ignorant. The photo that you commented on is from a catalogue dated 1920. The shoes that the fellow is wearing caught my eye, I had a similar pair made, bespoke.
Your charming compliment must surely be repaid and given that my wife makes most of our clothes, here's a photo of us just before the covid lockdown.
View attachment 184618
Thank you for replying. I didn't think you ignorant at all. I'm having trouble keeping up with all the threads here anyway. I maintain that in the photo you just posted, you and your wife look exquisite! :love:

Thank you for replying. I didn't think you ignorant at all. I'm having trouble keeping up with all the threads here anyway. I maintain that in the photo you just posted, you and your wife look exquisite! :love:
Thank you for your lovely compliment. You are right, trying to keep up with every thread that you've commented on is not easy, but I do try to respond to anyone who has taken the time to communicate.

Has anyone heard of Spats? Spats is an abbreviation of 'spatterdash', a sartorial concept born in 18th Century England as a protective accessory for military officers' boots against mud. By the early 20th Century, spats or gaiters were widely worn by both men and women and even integrated into shoes and boots.
spats_1.jpg
They were very popular back in the 1920's, much loved by Mobsters.
Mine are a white pair that I only wear for re-enacting when we go to period events.
My Spectator shoes, sometimes known as Correspondants, often get confused with spats.
Reason being, when they are laced up the white leather does resemble an over-shoe spat.
shoes 13.jpg

I wear Sperry’s boat shoes and on land Sketchers. I do not wear high heeled shoes anymore, but have some nice low heeled dress shoes.
Cuban-heel-shoes-1.jpg
These type of retro looking ladies shoes can be seen at many a vintage event. I have noticed, of late, that a good number of ladies wear a similar style heel on their modern shoes.

I have more boots than shoes.. and probably almost as many sketchers as boots... I own about 20 pairs of boots.. after having donated some just last week... most are Brown like my brogues I posted earlier in this thread , and these tan ones...
ankle-boots-me-marh-2021.jpg
many are ankle boots, some are knee high...
These are my Black boots, all ankle style...

New-ankle-boots-april-2021-HD.jpg

This is me wearing knee highs in Autumn ...
me-at-castle-HD.jpg

Back