Macular Degeneration

Patnono

On top of my diabetes, I've been told I have Macular Degeneration. I'm afraid to tell my kids. I don't want to be a burden to them. Is there anyone out there who has macular Degeneration?

I became concerned about this several years ago, when my old Dad developed the condition. I asked my eye doctor about it, and he recommended a daily Lutein pill (6mg), and a daily fish oil capsule. I started this routine over 10 years ago, and so far, my annual eye exams are not showing the problem....Knock Wood. There are treatments available once the condition begins to occur....doing some research on the Internet, and having a good discussion with an eye doctor, might minimize the effects.

https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/macular-degeneration/age-related-macular-degeneration-treatment#1

I became concerned about this several years ago, when my old Dad developed the condition. I asked my eye doctor about it, and he recommended a daily Lutein pill (6mg), and a daily fish oil capsule. I started this routine over 10 years ago, and so far, my annual eye exams are not showing the problem....Knock Wood. There are treatments available once the condition begins to occur....doing some research on the Internet, and having a good discussion with an eye doctor, might minimize the effects.

https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/macular-degeneration/age-related-macular-degeneration-treatment#1

Thanks for writing, glad you're doing well. I'll look into help.

Thanks for writing, glad you're doing well. I'll look into help.

Thanks, I'm due to see a doctor, when they told me I had it, they never gave me any helpful information on this? You'd think that how serious this is they would have advised me on how to care for it. I had never looked into before, as a matter of fact they didn't even tell me what it was?

My father and husband have this and if you take the proper supplements then it most often doesn’t get worse.

Goji berries were suggested. They smell like dirty socks. Sorry. You can purchase them at a bulk store. ( cheaper)

Vitalux was suggested by my husband’s optometrist and he gets them from Costco.
There are others which are superior but more costly.

My father and husband have this and if you take the proper supplements then it most often doesn’t get worse.

Goji berries were suggested. They smell like dirty socks. Sorry. You can purchase them at a bulk store. ( cheaper)

Vitalux was suggested by my husband’s optometrist and he gets them from Costco.
There are others which are superior but more costly.
Thank you, good to know

Thanks, I'm due to see a doctor, when they told me I had it, they never gave me any helpful information on this? You'd think that how serious this is they would have advised me on how to care for it. I had never looked into before, as a matter of fact they didn't even tell me what it was?

Whenever we go to the doctor, if they find a potential problem, I Always do some research. There are a lot of good medical websites....WebMD, MayoClinic, etc., and quite often these sites will offer some info the doctor overlooked, or didn't know much about. If a person wants to maintain good health, they Must be proactive...and that includes verifying anything a doctor might say.

Whenever we go to the doctor, if they find a potential problem, I Always do some research. There are a lot of good medical websites....WebMD, MayoClinic, etc., and quite often these sites will offer some info the doctor overlooked, or didn't know much about. If a person wants to maintain good health, they Must be proactive...and that includes verifying anything a doctor might say.
I wholeheartedly agree. 👍

Sadly, yes this is true. Doctors vary a good deal in their expertise, so can't always be relied on for accurate information. They are also pressured by the drug companies to prescribe their products, when often a simple remedy may be just as effective and cheaper.

I don't have it yet, but the eye doctor warned me to be careful, wear sunglasses and take supplements. I was already taking Lutein 20mg, vitamin D3, omega 3 fish oil and other supplements for eye support. I also use a high quality eye drop daily now.

I don't have it yet, but the eye doctor warned me to be careful, wear sunglasses and take supplements. I was already taking Lutein 20mg, vitamin D3, omega 3 fish oil and other supplements for eye support. I also use a high quality eye drop daily now.

I was told that you can't stop from getting it, just slow down it's progression once you get it

Back