Mar. 2022 will the mandates end?

Healthcare is suffering from vaccine mandates and that will only get worse with the Supreme Court decision not recognizing natural immunity. One of the first travel nurse companies to implement mandates last year had so many nurses quit that they're likely to go bottom up according to a local nurse who still works for them. She said most who quit over the vaccine mandate were recovered and natural immunity wasn't considered by the company--bizarre scientifically that it isn't recognized.
I can see the logic, natural immunity is important, but it is less clear to me how this should be determined and what consideration of it would be. What are you thinking?

That's why they're trying so hard to make an example of Novak Djokovic. If they recognize his immunity, they'll be forced to recognize many others' immunity. They need to really "punish" him to instill fear in other thinking people.
Much like they needed to make an example of Muhammad Ali when he said:
"Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called ***** people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality."

Just heard from our pm ,in the U.K. …. that no masks will be needed as from next week, and as from mid march
everyone has to look after themselves ……..we. Should of Done this from the start ..!!
I am so glad to hear this... finally someone came to their senses ... hopefully other countries follow suit quickly.

Yes, this should have been done from the start .... protect the vulnerable and have others care for themselves.

I hope we can move forward with a similar plan but seriously doubt the US will give up the fear machine and control so soon.

This divide over this issue here anyway will NOT fade as fast as the masks and signs will......
the entrenched will be furious the end is near...

I can see the logic, natural immunity is important, but it is less clear to me how this should be determined and what consideration of it would be. What are you thinking?

Proof of positive test from medical records...maybe a six month time frame though studies before the Omnicron variant showed immunity lasting longer than that. After six months, antibody testing.

a few businesses in my area accept this ....
think that is why government did not really push for antibody tests........ but instead told people theirs faded and they still must take the shot

a few businesses in my area accept this ....
think that is why government did not really push for antibody tests........ but instead told people theirs faded and they still must take the shot
Do we know the relative benefits and time of protection for vaccination vs natural immunity? If I had to guess I would think the natural immunity better. However but it would be a wild guess and not an expert one.

Do we know the relative benefits and time of protection for vaccination vs natural immunity? If I had to guess I would think the natural immunity better. However but it would be a wild guess and not an expert one.
heard various debates on this ....natural would have the whole body approach.....

Much like they needed to make an example of Muhammad Ali when he said:
"Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called ***** people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality."
Cassius Clay was a draft-dodging bum. Period.

living proof that their assumptions..... as they used we think / it should or could fade as science...are wrong
It is good news for @Lawrence00 and good to know that in at least his case it has not faded.

What we really need however is large population level epidemiological studies to answer the question. I have not been able to find anything like that. It would be very useful, as I say my non-expert guess would be that the natural immunity is better, but I have no real basis for that...

From a google search:
What is a COVID-19 antibody test?

• An antibody (serology) test tells if you have antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. These antibodies may have developed in response to a previous infection by the SARS-CoV-2 virus or in response to vaccination. This test is done using a sample of your blood.

Serology tests aren't used to diagnose a current SARS-CoV-2 viral infection, since they don't detect the virus itself.

A positive antibody (serology) test means that you have antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19. The test cannot tell how long ago you may have been infected or determine if you're protected from reinfection as a result of previous infection.

How often do we want to have blood samples taken?

And if you have antibodies, how long do they last?

Tom & Rita Hanks were a couple of the first ‘known’ folks in early 2020 with Covid and they were lucky that they could get care in the Australian hospital. Rita lost her antibodies within a few months.

Having Covid doesn’t guarantee that your antibodies will last nor that you won’t get Covid again. Listened to Penn Jillette talking about his second dose of Covid this month. The first time was in the fall. Read of some other cases of reoccurrence too.

After so many having Covid, many of them should have the antibodies. IMO, anyone who has any blood tests should automatically have their antibodies tested.

From a google search:

Tom & Rita Hanks were a couple of the first ‘known’ folks in early 2020 with Covid and they were lucky that they could get care in the Australian hospital. Rita lost her antibodies within a few months.

Having Covid doesn’t guarantee that your antibodies will last nor that you won’t get Covid again. Listened to Penn Jillette talking about his second dose of Covid this month. The first time was in the fall. Read of some other cases of reoccurrence too.

After so many having Covid, many of them should have the antibodies. IMO, anyone who has any blood tests should automatically have their antibodies tested.
good point.... there are some people that antibodies seemingly did not last .....while others like Lawrence that it did last
we have to stop thinking there is a .....one size fits all solution... ever.

Perhaps if people had an antibody test and their faded quickly .... maybe they should take a shot ..................but for others that have longer immunity it should be a choice

There are studies now showing for Many 98.6 is not their normal temp and often is lower ...... i had a 97.2 the day i tested postive.... i temp machine like we had at work would have passed me straight through.....
YET for many some are still subjected to.... having temps taken daily ....looking for a symptom ....when saying they are looking for Asymptomatic people....
That never made sense to me

From a google search:

"Having Covid doesn’t guarantee that your antibodies will last nor that you won’t get Covid again"

Same as with the vaccine.

"Having Covid doesn’t guarantee that your antibodies will last nor that you won’t get Covid again"

That is right, however for policy or decision making it would be more helpful to know, both for vaccine and natural, how powerful the antibodies are and how long do they last. That is how much are your chances of infection reduced and for how long.

If we knew that it would be easier to know what should be done. I don't know why there are not good studies on this, or none I can find anyway.

It is good news for @Lawrence00 and good to know that in at least his case it has not faded.

What we really need however is large population level epidemiological studies to answer the question. I have not been able to find anything like that. It would be very useful, as I say my non-expert guess would be that the natural immunity is better, but I have no real basis for that...
There are video lectures about vaccine/natural immunity studies and findings on YouTube.

A few really good non-political actual virologist, epidemiologist, doctor of infectious diseases channel names include "merogenomics" , "Drbeen Medical Lectures" , and "Vincent Racaniello" .

There are others.

Immunity natural and otherwise isn't measured by the presence of antibodies. Antibodies are only present and active while a person is sick. They decrease and disappear as you recover and get well. T-cell memory is how immunity is measured. Our T-cell memory is what keeps us all from contracting and dying of measles, polio, and common colds.

I hate that term, let it rip. Some journalist used it and implied that it's a quote from the Great Barrington Declaration, but it isn't.

Anyway (@chic) I'm confident restrictions will be lifted within a few months. The experts who've been running the show just can't deny the data any longer. I'm sure there will be an annual or semi-annual covid vaccine offered for seniors and people with compromised immune systems from now on. I'm sure children will not be vaccinated annually for covid, though, because the data that's coming out now shows it's absolutely unnecessary if they're reasonably healthy. Healthy children simply aren't susceptible to severe covid. By a huge margin, more children die of the flu every year than have died from covid over the past 2 years plus...since the start of the pandemic. I doubt we'll ever see a lockdown again. There was no significant benefit, and it actually caused serious harm. There's going to be a lot of people writing about this over the next several years.
I hope there will be accountability as well. Not many know of the Great Barrington Declaration of Oct. 2020. The experts had it buried and the three doctors who dared to write it discredited as conspiracy theorists.

Personally, I want my life and full freedoms back like 2019 and I want it immediately like they will have in England. There is no reason not to. Think of all the people who got vaccinated just to be able to go somewhere they used to go. This has been a travesty.

Back