Martina Navratilova diagnosed with two forms of cancer

Paco Dennis

SF VIP
"Tennis great Martina Navratilova said Monday that she has been diagnosed with throat cancer and breast cancer.

In a statement released by her representative, the 18-time Grand Slam singles champion and member of the International Tennis Hall of Fame said her prognosis is good and she will start treatment this month.

"This double whammy is serious but still fixable, and I'm hoping for a favorable outcome," said Navratilova, 66. "It's going to stink for a while but I'll fight with all I have got.""

More at:

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/35365318/martina-navratilova-diagnosed-two-forms-cancer

When my late wife was diagnosed I read stats that said something to the effect that "only 2% of those afflicted will survive"........my first reaction was "OK then, if anyone can beat it, she can".

I learned to hate the word cancer.

Ya know ... with the recent passing of Pele [yes I know he was 80+] And now Navratilova's second bout with cancer ....... It almost makes me wonder if [clean] living [diet] and exercise does any good at all. I mean we are talking about two of the highest ranked athletes of all time. I am sure that during their prime, they ate clean, and as for exercise ... tennis & soccer ? It IMO doesn't get any more intense than those two. Navratilova is only 66, doesn't all that dieting & exercise protect one longer than that ?! I would think that her body would be clean & still in a healthy state ?

Last edited:

Back