Masks in the wrong place or no masks

At the laundromat on Sunday, there were three other people there ahead of me, two men and one woman. It is clearly posted on the door that masks should be worn while inside. Only one of the men was wearing one properly. The woman wasn't wearing any and the other man had it under his chin. I've seen may people in public with it only covering their mouths (no nose coverage) or under the chin. Why bother, then? I've hear reports of violence when people weren't allowed in stores because they had no mask.

At the laundromat on Sunday, there were three other people there ahead of me, two men and one woman. It is clearly posted on the door that masks should be worn while inside. Only one of the men was wearing one properly. The woman wasn't wearing any and the other man had it under his chin. I've seen may people in public with it only covering their mouths (no nose coverage) or under the chin. Why bother, then? I've hear reports of violence when people weren't allowed in stores because they had no mask.
My sentiment exactly.

Sad to say, but until facilities are staffed with people overseeing the use of, and/or turning people away who refuse to live up to guidelines relative to the establishment or premises where specific guidelines apply, we'll continue to see a select few who I tend to believe are out to raise the ire in others and garner attention.

I will continue to wear a mask because I believe it is the right thing to do.

In the example of three people in the same space I wouldn't be concerned about my safety as long as we were all able to maintain a safe distance from each other.

When I go to the laundrette I'm more concerned about wiping down the machine controls and folding tables with my homemade alcohol wipes. I also select the hottest setting for washing and drying my laundry.

If the laundrette was bustling with people not wearing masks and unable to social distance I would not bother to enter.

IMO it's all about doing what makes sense for each of us even if some of our rituals have little or no value in preventing the spread of the virus.

xrr.gif

Some people think rules do not apply to them, or do not like to be told they HAVE to do something, or ar are uncomfortable doing. When did we get so soft?
I believe that some think that complying with senseless rules is evidence of softness...that blind obedience and the loss of individual reason in this country is very concerning.

That's where the divide is.

Most mask wearing and social distancing will be done on the honor system because very few businesses will have enough staff to strictly enforce it.

If no one is visibly coughing, sneezing, shouting, its probably safe to go in but no one knows what the person who just left was doing Or if they were wearing a mask OR how long a virus particle remains contagious.

Seeing everyone wearing a mask and staying away makes us feel safer but keeping hands away from face and hand washing is still most effective way to avoid becoming infected.

So many unanswered questions, feelings, about the whole Covid 19 disaster. For me, i'm going to keep on doing what is recommended in order to keep safe and well for as long as it is necessary, no if's, but's or and's. I have come to accept that life will not be the same after Covid 19, will learn to have the new normal life, which will differ from before Covid 19. It will take all to get through this, just try to do your part. Thank you.

So many unanswered questions, feelings, about the whole Covid 19 disaster. For me, i'm going to keep on doing what is recommended in order to keep safe and well for as long as it is necessary, no if's, but's or and's. I have come to accept that life will not be the same after Covid 19, will learn to have the new normal life, which will differ from before Covid 19. It will take all to get through this, just try to do your part. Thank you.
I'm totally with you, Micka! :)

My prediction: just as the HIV virus changed the routine sexual habits of many, Covid 19 will change the routine social habits of many until a safe and foolproof vaccination can be developed.

For those who insist that the decision to wear or not to wear masks has nothing to do with politics, this article should make interesting reading.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...8025e6-9f9c-11ea-81bb-c2f70f01034b_story.html

President Trump dismissed a mask-wearing reporter as being “politically correct” on Tuesday, while the presumptive Democratic candidate, Joe Biden, called him a “fool” for mocking their use.
The president’s refusal to wear a face mask in public, defying recommendations from public health experts, has become a symbol for his supporters resisting stay-at-home orders amid the coronavirus crisis. To wear one then is seen by some as being anti-Trump.
In early April, Trump announced new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that Americans wear face coverings in public to slow the spread of the coronavirus, reversing the administration’s earlier recommendations that masks weren’t necessary. The president was clear, however, that he would not be wearing a mask — even though “it may be good” advice.

It is clear that the general public will not abide by the CDC recommendations of wearing a face mask.
The reasons are many but unless masks become a mandatory rule we will continue to see a lessening of face mask use.
For those of us who are seniors we need to do everything possible to protect ourselves. I believe it is now more important than ever to continue wearing masks and gloves. Because so many are now not wearing masks at stores, especially grocery stores, I recommend continuing to wipe down the goods we buy with disinfectant wipes. I also recommend stocking up on necessary items especially those that disappeared off the shelves with the first wave of Covid 19. TP, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, Lysol spray, etc.
Benjamin Franklin — 'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.'

It is clear that the general public will not abide by the CDC recommendations of wearing a face mask.
The reasons are many but unless masks become a mandatory rule we will continue to see a lessening of face mask use.
For those of us who are seniors we need to do everything possible to protect ourselves. I believe it is now more important than ever to continue wearing masks and gloves. Because so many are now not wearing masks at stores, especially grocery stores, I recommend continuing to wipe down the goods we buy with disinfectant wipes. I also recommend stocking up on necessary items especially those that disappeared off the shelves with the first wave of Covid 19. TP, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, Lysol spray, etc.
Benjamin Franklin — 'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.'
'Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.' Benjamin Franklin

Ben also had a sense of proportion.

Back