Masks in the wrong place or no masks

For those who don't fully understand, wearing a mask only provides minimal protection for the wearer.
The main purpose of wearing a face mask is to prevent the wearer from infecting others. Any one who is infected may not show any symptoms for five days at which time they remain highly contagious.
Not having any regard for oneself is one thing, but not to have any concern for one's fellow man is pathetic. Wearing a mask to protect others has nothing to do with liberty.

So today was a shopping day, grocery store and Lowe’s to buy plants 😤 for the front yard. As we got to the third place, and I put on my mask before I got out of the car, I noticed my husband was staring at me.

What?, I said to him. He replied, “Do you really need to put on your mask to go into the house?”

Maybe 🤔😯😂

As an aside, the creation of masks has become a booming cottage industry in an otherwise depressed economy. There are literally thousands of listings for them now on eBay, whereas before the pandemic, you might find only a few that nobody wanted, Now you can find multitudes with virtually any image on them. One seller commented that she was grinding them out as fast as she could...

As an aside, the creation of masks has become a booming cottage industry in an otherwise depressed economy. There are literally thousands of listings for them now on eBay, whereas before the pandemic, you might find only a few that nobody wanted, Now you can find multitudes with virtually any image on them. One seller commented that she was grinding them out as fast as she could...
The market is already getting saturated. Big manufacturers have jumped into the game with both disposable and washable masks. Screen-print ready, numerous colors and designs. My wholesale apparel distributors have all added masks to their offerings and are in full stock. Wholesale prices range from $1.50 - $3.50 per mask.

Once people have a handful of washable, reusable masks they won't need more.

In Walmart the other day, everyone wore masks. It was very busy. In the check out line was two uniformed policemen not wearing masks. I wear mine in public buildings and the public area of my apartment building. I don't really believe the masks will protect me from catching anything. I think someone with a cold, virus or flu wearing one will protect me from catching it. And there is no way of knowing if someone is coming down with something or not. So everyone wearing a mask should solve that.

Well, Sunny, how about the MSNBC reporter Cal Perry, who was on a mission to mask shame people, and was outed by the guy he tried to shame because half the camera crew weren't wearing masks. And what about the pictures of folks at the beach or the lake who aren't wearing masks? I suppose they're all republicans? Get real. I wear a mask in public. I hate it, but I do it.

Carol, I don't understand why your comment was addressed to me. In my post #25, I was referring to the people on this forum who deny that mask-wearing has anything to do with one's political position. The article I was quoting says that there is a very clear connection, very obvious to any observer of the scene. It has changed, though; as time goes on, more and more people seem to be coming to their sense and wearing masks now. At least, those with any intelligence or common decency do.

About Cal Perry, it sounds like he forgot to put brain in gear before driving off the cliff. Considering that his own crew were not wearing masks, he should have kept his mouth shut on the subject. I have no idea what the political orientation of his crew was; there might be a few exceptions here and there (Republicans wearing masks, especially now that wearing masks is pretty much mandated by law in some areas of the country, Democrats not wearing them), But the initial response very definitely followed along political lines; to deny this obvious fact is to be, well, in denial.

You and I do have one thing in common on this subject; I also hate wearing a mask, but wear one anyway.

In Walmart the other day, everyone wore masks. It was very busy. In the check out line was two uniformed policemen not wearing masks. I wear mine in public buildings and the public area of my apartment building. I don't really believe the masks will protect me from catching anything. I think someone with a cold, virus or flu wearing one will protect me from catching it. And there is no way of knowing if someone is coming down with something or not. So everyone wearing a mask should solve that.
Uniformed policemen don't have to wear masks. Studies have shown that the Coronavirus is easily intimidated & respects authority.

For those who insist that the decision to wear or not to wear masks has nothing to do with politics, this article should make interesting reading.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...8025e6-9f9c-11ea-81bb-c2f70f01034b_story.html

President Trump dismissed a mask-wearing reporter as being “politically correct” on Tuesday, while the presumptive Democratic candidate, Joe Biden, called him a “fool” for mocking their use.
The president’s refusal to wear a face mask in public, defying recommendations from public health experts, has become a symbol for his supporters resisting stay-at-home orders amid the coronavirus crisis. To wear one then is seen by some as being anti-Trump.
In early April, Trump announced new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that Americans wear face coverings in public to slow the spread of the coronavirus, reversing the administration’s earlier recommendations that masks weren’t necessary. The president was clear, however, that he would not be wearing a mask — even though “it may be good” advice.
Trump would b doing us a favor to wear a full head mask or maybe redirect his silly come over to the front of that face.

Well, Sunny, how about the MSNBC reporter Cal Perry, who was on a mission to mask shame people, and was outed by the guy he tried to shame because half the camera crew weren't wearing masks. And what about the pictures of folks at the beach or the lake who aren't wearing masks? I suppose they're all republicans? Get real. I wear a mask in public. I hate it, but I do it.
I saw that reporter and his camera crew. Funny!

Back