May 2020... Please Tell us about your Day... May Flowers should be Appearing...

Glorious sun today again...warm , but not hot, so for the first time in ages last night I didn't have to have the fan on

Council gardeners are out cutting the grass verges along the pavements ..

Hubs worked yesterday at his place of business... but won't be needing to actually go in again for a while, he can do anything necessary from home until at least the end of June..with the odd day in to HQ between now and then

Today he's going to be creating another new patio in the back garden, so he's digging up the lawn....problem is that he's having trouble getting the hardcore he needs, all the aggregate firms have no stocks..

Glorious sun today again...warm , but not hot, so for the first time in ages last night I didn't have to have the fan on

Council gardeners are out cutting the grass verges along the pavements ..

Hubs worked yesterday at his place of business... but won't be needing to actually go in again for a while, he can do anything necessary from home until at least the end of June..with the odd day in to HQ between now and then

Today he's going to be creating another new patio in the back garden, so he's digging up the lawn....problem is that he's having trouble getting the hardcore he needs, all the aggregate firms have no stocks..
Suppose a lot of folks are home and working on their projects and not so many folks working at the firms either. We don't have that trouble here with the concrete and crushed gravel companies. There are a lot of them and they usually come right out. Hope he finds some material so he can finish. Its aggravating to have to stop in the middle of a job due to lack of materials.

We cut down a big "weed" tree or "trash tree" as we call it here in Texas. Not through yet, but we usually take a day off after working hard outside, to give the old muscles a chance to recover. This tree will make good firewood. Now we've got two big brush piles to burn when the winds die down in the next few months. That's the circle of life here...fill 'em up, burn em down, fill 'em up again...lol.

Rain this evening I think.

So far my day has been pretty good. My granddaughter who just turned 9yrs old called to ask my husband if he would draw a sketch of what she should paint on her bedroom walls. He had painted her bedroom when she was born and now she wants to change it because she is older. I was soo happy when she called because now it will keep him busy doing something that isn't strenuous. This was what he painted when she as born.
PIC-0038.JPG

So far my day has been pretty good. My granddaughter who just turned 9yrs old called to ask my husband if he would draw a sketch of what she should paint on her bedroom walls. He had painted her bedroom when she was born and now she wants to change it because she is older. I was soo happy when she called because now it will keep him busy doing something that isn't strenuous. This was what he painted when she as born.
View attachment 104143
That's gorgeous!
She's 9 now? Toughie.

Is she still into the Princess thing?

Or maybe a fantasy, fairyland woodland scene?

I went to Aldi's food shopping today; my second trip out to a bigger store. Wore my mask and gloves, but forgot it wipe off items that I put into the freezer.

They had no chicken, but they did have a bag of frozen boneless chick breast with up to 15% water! Also got 4 cans of white chicken. Also some salmon and haddock.

When I got out of the store it was pouring rain, but it had already passed through my neighborhood. Thank God. It's hard enough to carry in the bags without having to do it in the rain.

So instead of cooking, I'm eating "everything" crackers with red pepper spread and Feta cheese. Guess that's supper.

I have so much work to do in here, ugh.
You don't have to wipe frozen goods...Just put in your freezer...I've done it many times...I'm still OK....
We get our grocery's from a store, and hubby calls to give them what we need.... they have to call back if they don't have what we want..
then hubby asks for something else....The guy just arrived....puts the bags on our porch....he waits to see if I come out by the door, he is
with his mask and gloves on....And he is away from our door....He say's have a nice day and I say Thank You...My husband already
gave his tip on the internet....Easy.....Most went into the freezer....and Refridge….I washed my hands....I usually put the rubber gloves on....
When you think of it, he picked the goods in the store with his gloves on....I know where they work...I usually go to the same store...

What was a little funny, He had a beautiful car.....I said to my husband, maybe he is not working now and doing this to have a little job....

He was the same guy 2 weeks ago....

View attachment 104143
Beautiful....

Today started off being sunny temps in the 40's,turned cloudy&windy in afternoon
Around 11:45,I went up to our community patio on the 9th floor,15 other residents were there .A fighter jet accompanied by 3 smaller planes from nearby Niagara Falls air base,circled the city's hosptials.It was their way of thanking the doctors/nurses taking care of the COVID patients.As the plane circled around and came closer to us,we all waved &clapped as they flew by

Well snowing, here again, BIG Fluffy snowflakes, think we have gotten more snow then we did in April so far... Kinda weird... Anyways, I believe tomorrow will be sunny and warm... Hoping so maybe I can get the grass cut... and get cleaned up where the trailer was. Have a few small trees too cut down also...

Not a lot else to report, So I hope YOU all have a GREAT evening, Keep Safe... and God Bless YOU all...

Well snowing, here again, BIG Fluffy snowflakes, think we have gotten more snow then we did in April so far... Kinda weird... Anyways, I believe tomorrow will be sunny and warm... Hoping so maybe I can get the grass cut... and get cleaned up where the trailer was. Have a few small trees too cut down also...

Not a lot else to report, So I hope YOU all have a GREAT evening, Keep Safe... and God Bless YOU all...
When I was a kid the farmers called those big fluffy spring snowflakes poor man's fertilizer or poor man's manure.

Continuing to clean and clean and clean--everything I can. Just had a food delivery and wiped down a bunch of the groceries with Lysol wipes. Did a load of laundry and will do another one tonight or tomorrow night.

The groomer seems to have flown the coop. My dog's fur on her paws is getting so long is affecting how she walks on one of the rugs in here. I have been trying to get her to let me cut the fur on the bottom of her foot and she let me do a little and now I have to wait awhile or she'll get too upset at me cutting it. We'll see how this works out.

Listening to music now.

Continuing to clean and clean and clean--everything I can. Just had a food delivery and wiped down a bunch of the groceries with Lysol wipes. Did a load of laundry and will do another one tonight or tomorrow night.

The groomer seems to have flown the coop. My dog's fur on her paws is getting so long is affecting how she walks on one of the rugs in here. I have been trying to get her to let me cut the fur on the bottom of her foot and she let me do a little and now I have to wait awhile or she'll get too upset at me cutting it. We'll see how this works out.

Listening to music now.
My wee girl, ShaaLee does the same, she's such a wiggle worm, trying to keep her toenails done and the hair trimmed away from her eyes, till she can go to her hairdresser again, not sure when that could be....Soon i hope.

Woke up to -6, takes so long in the day to warm up, it did manage to get to a cool 10, another good day at the office...outside...but had to wear warm clothes....on May 12... supposed to rain all day tomorrow, we really don't need rain. Have been sitting outside listening to the silence, before going to bed. The " Silence is so Silent "

Back