May 2020... Please Tell us about your Day... May Flowers should be Appearing...

Update: Just spoke with the Doctor and she confirmed me that I am doing everything I can possibly do. She said to continue to take the Mucinex and Delsym every 12 hours and the Tylenol every 4-6 hours as needed for fever. Her main concern was for my breathing as she said once again if my breathing gets to where I am struggling to breath I am to call 911 immediately. She also recommended me to order a pulse oxygen meter that goes on my finger and reads my pulse oxygen level. So I am going to check Amazon now.
I hope Amazon delivers quickly. At least your doctor is keeping up to date about your condition .. which is impressive.

Well folks, if you don't see me in here tomorrow it means the cops caught me and carted me off to jail.

It's the last straw so I am going to sneak into the campground early tomorrow morning because they still will not allow us in due to covid and they said the park is going to cut the grass.

I do not think they will pay attention to where my perennial border begins and ends and just might mow over it with those big machines they use to cut the park grass. So I bought some cheap fence at the dollar store today and will sneak in and mark it off.

Might be bread and water for me for a bit so someone please go in and feed and water my garden.
Wear a mask.

Everyone else is.

@Yo-Yo
I am sorry you have a fever now, :(
and that the testing was unpleasant, and that, the entire ordeal is stressful and an overall worry, surely!

It is very good that your doctor is attentive. Many of us do not have one like that one.
I am glad you do!

Do you know if you were exposed to someone with either the regular flu or virus, or with the dreaded one?

@Yo-Yo
I am sorry you have a fever now, :(
and that the testing was unpleasant, and that, the entire ordeal is stressful and an overall worry, surely!

It is very good that your doctor is attentive. Many of us do not have one like that one.
I am glad you do!

Do you know if you were exposed to someone with either the regular flu or virus, or with the dreaded one?
@Kaila I don’t live with anyone so I wouldn’t have contracted the virus that way. The only way I would have contracted it is when I still went out to get grocery and I still wore a mask then, but I was around people and I could have easily touched something a person with the virus handled. That is the only thing I can think of.

That's possible, but it doesn't sound like too close contact, @Yo-Yo
so it gives me more hope that you have some different ailment.

It sounds like a miserable illness you are coping with, anyway,
plus we cannot really know why that particular virus is so extremely contagious, as it is.

I still hope you will feel better soon!

That's possible, but it doesn't sound like too close contact, @Yo-Yo
so it gives me more hope that you have some different ailment.

It sounds like a miserable illness you are coping with, anyway,
plus we cannot really know why that particular virus is so extremely contagious, as it is.

I still hope you will feel better soon!
Thank You, I hope it is something else too. Whatever it is it is sure horrible and hits hard. I should find out my test results next week.

Went to Costco yesterday. Actually enjoyed the maze part of getting in, quite fun, the whirring sound of the buggies almost made it feel like you were on a roller coaster. Went at 9:30 am, figured the senior rush would be gone and it was, so less than a 10 minute wait.

Was very impressed by the safety measures in place. Got everything on the list, they unload your cart, they load it up again for you and they sanitize the belt, sneeze thing between each customer.

And when leaving I noticed the long, long line forming so going after the senior rush is the best time to go.

Update: This morning I decided to call the on call weekend Doctor as my breathing over night was getting worse. My coughing, chills, and fevers still remain the same and they recommended with my advanced age that I call 911 which I am going to do as soon as I get a few toiletries together for the hospital and some under cloths. I do not not what the service will be like at the hospital so this may be my last update for sometime until I get out of the hospital. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Thank You all.

Update: This morning I decided to call the on call weekend Doctor as my breathing over night was getting worse. My coughing, chills, and fevers still remain the same and they recommended with my advanced age that I call 911 which I am going to do as soon as I get a few toiletries together for the hospital and some under cloths. I do not not what the service will be like at the hospital so this may be my last update for sometime until I get out of the hospital. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Thank You all.
So sorry to hear you are feeling worse, and hope you will soon feel much better. Will be sending positive thoughts your way, Yo-Yo.

Grocery store trip yesterday. Up until this week...50 customers were allowed in at one time, this week is down to 40 customers. The paper product isle was once again almost empty, and limits per person....flour was almost empty, some baking supplies like some chocolate chips, empty, and had to be the kind i use, eggs were very low, and a few other dairy products, and just some things here and there, some of which i would have never thought. The meat department.... that's a story....prices increased terribly...last Saturday i got a pkg of 3 sirloin tip steaks. were 14.79, the same size pkg, 23.00 this week, a "Lot" of other meats skyrocketed. Sadly, a part of our life. It's just me on my grocery bill, must be heartbreaking for families. My guys aren't on my grocery bill, they have their own food bill, at the Vet's.

Good Afternoon all...

Well here I thought I would be planting our veggie garden in a few days, but we have been in and out of snow squabbles all day...Hardly looks and feels like the ninth of May... but more like the beginning of March... I was going to cut the grass the first time this year... But it's snow-covered... So maybe tomorrow...

I dunno if I told you, But my girl cracked one of her ribs, and I bruised some of mine, so we are both a little tender the last few days...

Other than that, Not a lot new... I hope YOU are all having the BEST days you can, are keeping Safe... and God Bless YOU All...

Good Afternoon all...

Well here I thought I would be planting our veggie garden in a few days, but we have been in and out of snow squabbles all day...Hardly looks and feels like the ninth of May... but more like the beginning of March... I was going to cut the grass the first time this year... But it's snow-covered... So maybe tomorrow...

I dunno if I told you, But my girl cracked one of her ribs, and I bruised some of mine, so we are both a little tender the last few days...

Other than that, Not a lot new... I hope YOU are all having the BEST days you can, are keeping Safe... and God Bless YOU All...
Take care of yourselves .. cracked ribs are extremely painful, so I hear :(

Got up this morning to clear skies and fresh air. Felt well enough to go out and wheel a bunch of gravel around the house. Figured since I can't re-do the water feature right now, I'd at least spruce up the front of the house. :) I did have to concede to aging and bad knees a bit, so, I could only fill the wheel barrow about 3/4 full, and it's a long push to get around the house, but, I got'er done and now I'm enjoying a thick slab of toasted homemade bread topped with butter. (y)

DSC02761.JPGDSC02765.JPG

It was a pretty morning with the sunlight filtering through the pine trees and creating that slight shimmering effect that is so soothing. I drank my first cup of coffee in the sunroom with the two Bichons and watched my 19 year old cat patrol our wooded back yard. My wife was on her early morning run to the grocery store and I anticipated her bringing home some "good stuff (ice cream" and lots of fresh berries.

Life is good, and I had the good sense to avoid opening the newspaper and getting drawn into today's drama.

I also had the good sense to avoid tapping my wife's coffee which I had poured into a thermos for her. There are some things that a sane man simply doesn't do.

Later today, I have to work on our in-ground sprinkler system which appears to have a bad switch in on of the zones. I often wonder if they are worth the trouble. And later today I will take some Tums and open the paper. The comics will be saved for the recovery stage.

You folks have a marvelous Sunday and Mother's Day.

Back