Medical appointments?

@Sunny So glad you were able to get to the opthalmologist, that they were so safe and your results were good. I've been worried since about your glaucoma ever since you posted the OP.

Thanks, Annie, that's very kind of you. Actually, I feel that I'm in pretty good hands; I've had this glaucoma for at least 10 years, maybe more, no symptoms at all (which is part of the problem with glaucoma, by the time you start losing vision it's too late to do anything about it), my opthomologist is very reliable about checking it about every 4 months or so. When the pressure starts to build up, he uses a laser beam to correct the problem. It takes about 5 minutes right there in his office, no anesthetic required, it's pretty amazing. (Well, just a local anesthetic via drops), I get the feeling that glaucoma is not the devastating cause of blindness it used to be, as long as the person goes in for checkups when they are supposed to.

Of course, this pandemic threw everything into turmoil, but even though I delayed a lot longer than I should have, all seems to be well.

But the really dramatic change in my body recently has nothing to do with my eyes; I've decided to let my hair grow! 😄 I haven't had long hair for at least 50 years, and when I couldn't go for my usual haircuts I was horrified at first, then I decided that it's kind of fun to see how it will look if it keeps growing, and see how long I can stand it. I just ordered some scrunchies for a pony tail. Guess I'll look like a gray-haired old hippie for a while, at least until I get tired of it.

But the really dramatic change in my body recently has nothing to do with my eyes; I've decided to let my hair grow! 😄 I haven't had long hair for at least 50 years, and when I couldn't go for my usual haircuts I was horrified at first, then I decided that it's kind of fun to see how it will look if it keeps growing, and see how long I can stand it. I just ordered some scrunchies for a pony tail. Guess I'll look like a gray-haired old hippie for a while, at least until I get tired of it.

My mom has too! Tickles me when I go over and she has her hair in a ponytail! I usually blow out and style her hair for special occasions and the one time she's gone somewhere that it mattered (my aunt's funeral) since Covid, I did it but had to totally refigure the process.

I've had knee problems for decades. Recently I decided to see a doctor and find out just what is wrong. I had one appointment with a regular MD, who ordered an X-Ray of my knee during that same visit. Then she ordered an MRI. After that I had a consultation with the Orthopedic doctor. I wore a face mask for every appointment. On my first appointment, I was dizzy. I stood on the scale and almost did a perfect flying leap, without intending to! They let me ride a wheelchair for that visit. I felt better for the other doctor visits.

I will eventually need a total knee replacement. We had not scheduled a date for the operation yet. I decided to hold off till they finish installing our new elevator. Right now we have one chairlift to get up the stairs. It's challenging enough right now. Once that elevator is finished, I'll start making calls again. It's a bit complicated. We were supposed to get an orthopedic office in my town, but plans were cancelled due to the Covid crisis. We do have a local doctor, but he's at a different clinic. I need to sort that out before taking the next step.

Oh, I cut my own hair again. I've had a professional barber kit for years. I did a decent job. At least no one has laughed at me yet.

Back