Meditation Can Actually Change The Brain

I first did the best could having just read books about meditation. But learned formally thru the Silva Method in 1979 and have been using pretty consistently since. Sometimes i slack off bit, but always go back cause everything seems to work better when i do it at least once day. My problem has often been that keep utilizing the techniques more and more and sometimes the frequency of synchronicity occuring becomes kind of overwhelming because with my history the one thing that makes me nervous is life going TOO smoothly.
I've been in meditative states while hooked up to biofeedback machine that lit up a light bulb above your head when you are functioning on alpha level brainwaves. I could answer yes/no questions while maintaining it. But there were Mexican Nuns at that convention that could carry on a normal conversation while staying at alpha.
Many fMRI tests have been done on meditators of all kinds including Buddhist Monks that verify the positive effects on brain. Of course it's fairly recently that neuroscience is proving theories of neuroplasticity which were dismissed by science for a long time.

Back