Meditation. I have found it to be a great help.

That's great. Could you share the process with us? I meditate daily. I relax my body first, pay attention to my breathing, and then relax my mind and try not to cling to thoughts or emotions. After about 15 minutes I reach a pretty relaxed/open state of being. It's good for us seniors to take a well deserved time out. :)

I started meditation and love it. I look forward to it as part of my daily routine. . I start with a closed eye 5-minute affirmation meditation from u-tube. Then I switch to meditations for relaxation, healing, reiki music etc. (also on u-tube) and set my timer for 25 minutes. I think it helps. I remember when I first started I would get antsy after 5 minutes...When the timer goes off, at times I will take extra time and sit in silence again trying to quiet my mind, pay attention to my breathing and release any thoughts... I've been doing this for a while. It's very satisfying and would encourage anyone to try!

That's great. Could you share the process with us? I meditate daily. I relax my body first, pay attention to my breathing, and then relax my mind and try not to cling to thoughts or emotions. After about 15 minutes I reach a pretty relaxed/open state of being. It's good for us seniors to take a well deserved time out. :)
I looked into the Calm app on my phone. I subscribed to it , a seven day trial, and am liking it a lot. It costs less than the Calm pills or powder. I did a beginner thing of posturing, paying attention to my breathing, etc. There is Meditation, sleep, music, soundscapes, for work, check-in, breathe, movement, masterclass, calm kids and dailies tabs. There is much more to it. I did the Morning Coffee playlist for 11 minutes and loved it.

Are you listening to a podcast or something online? I’ve been looking for a good one.
There is a production called 'Head Space' they've had some stuff on Netflix and there are other short specialized ones on You Tube i'vebeen meditating since my twenties but after i took the Silva Method course got much better at it. The Silva people have recently started putting videos on YouTube as well.

Have practiced it for decades. Some times only 2x a day (morning and before sleep), other times 3-5 times a day--when and wherever i could. Have been known to do a quick one in a bathroom stall while at a stressful job.

Because it is like self-hypnosis, including.being able to give oneself post hypnotic suggestion the work i did with it to end my insomnia and edit what dreams i will recall was no longer necessary after a few years, my brain had rewired.

Also, as single Mom on a limited budget i had a.lot of stressors. One of the things i 'suggested' (programmed, developed habit) to myself was that if i simply put my thumb and first two fingers together my body and mind would calm quickly as if starting to meditate but would stay aware of what going on and could make appropriate, productive responses to the situation. I use that even now, when having to go into city is about the worse stress i have (too many bad drivers).

Last edited:
Those relaxation methods are wonderful for the physical body.

I experience the technique of Transcendental Deep meditation as taught by the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
and have practiced this for 50 years. (most of the time)
This delves the attention of the mind deep into the soul and charms the pure Being into the everyday life.
This state of pure existence underlies all that exists. Being is the essential constituent of all relative life.
This is neither matter nor energy.
This energy, creativity and intelligence is unlimited cosmic existence.
This practice takes you from the gross level to the most subtle and is blissful.
Rather than just relaxation, it's a scientifically proven technique to transcend to a a field of
greater happiness and arrive at the state of absolute Being.
The full mental potential and conscious capacity of the mind is increased.
It's a beautiful and sacred experience. It gives expression to your cosmic purpose.
This takes you to a field of unbounded, unlimited, the eternal, pure intelligence, pure existence, the Absolute.

This technique is imparted only through personal instruction by trained individuals.

Last edited:
I started meditation and love it. I look forward to it as part of my daily routine. . I start with a closed eye 5-minute affirmation meditation from u-tube. Then I switch to meditations for relaxation, healing, reiki music etc. (also on u-tube) and set my timer for 25 minutes. I think it helps. I remember when I first started I would get antsy after 5 minutes...When the timer goes off, at times I will take extra time and sit in silence again trying to quiet my mind, pay attention to my breathing and release any thoughts... I've been doing this for a while. It's very satisfying and would encourage anyone to try!
At first I didn't expect to get much out of it, but tried it anyway. The sounds and music was so calming and the time went by faster than I thought it would. Tonight, I looked forward to it and listened to music for 35 minutes! I have a feeling I am going to like this.

Have practiced it for decades. Some times only 2x a day (morning and before sleep), other times 3-5 times a day--when and wherever i could. Have been known to do a quick one in a bathroom stall while at a stressful job.

Because it is like self-hypnosis, including.being able to give oneself post hypnotic suggestion the work i did with it to end my insomnia and edit what dreams i will recall was no longer necessary after a few years, my brain had rewired.

Also, as single Mom on a limited budget i had a.lot of stressors. One of the things i 'suggested' (programmed, developed habit) to myself was that if i simply put my thumb and first two fingers together my body and mind would calm quickly as if starting to meditate but would stay aware of what going on and could make appropriate, productive responses to the situation. I use that even now, when having to go into city is about the worse stress i have (too many bad drivers).
Glad to hear that you have managed this and other things so well. Gives me much hope!

If I'm honest, I've never tried 'meditation', but when I've had a few tots of my favourite tipple, I've experienced 'levitation', probably the same thing, but what do I know. 😊

If I'm honest, I've never tried 'meditation', but when I've had a few tots of my favourite tipple, I've experienced 'levitation', probably the same thing, but what do I know. 😊
Well, at my age, only 69, I will try all I can to lower blood pressure, and anything else naturally because of the money we are charged or taken away due to doctors, etc.

Glad to hear that you have managed this and other things so well. Gives me much hope!
Make no mistake, it isn't 'magic'. One has to commit and give time/energy to it---but the rewards can be great.
My one caveat about affirmations and such is to choose your words carefully. The subconscious can take the words too literally. And break ultimate goals into stages or steps so you can have the positive reunforcement of those successes.

Thank you for suggesting You Tube and meditation there. I cancelled my free trial, and found what I was looking for at no cost. Thank you again.

I am enjoying the free meditation thing on You Tube. Especially being able to listen to soft music and watch the scenery! The morning thing where you sit and breathe for awhile is good also.

I am enjoying the free meditation thing on You Tube. Especially being able to listen to soft music and watch the scenery! The morning thing where you sit and breathe for awhile is good also.
I listen to them morning and nights. So glad you are enjoying them too!! There are also some tapes from "Calm" and they are really good but I like free. :) If I wake up in the middle of the night I sometimes put my TV on a timer and listen to the tapes. There are also some really cool rain tapes and ocean wave tapes I like...
soooooo many choices it is hard at times to decide!🤗

Talking about the scenery. I love that too...especially shots from the Hubble Telescope. I also watch trails through the woods...I miss the redwoods and mountains since I moved from California to Florida.

Back