Message from brain at 2:00 a.m.:

When your brain starts to slip a little, it can shut itself down, if not at will, pretty close to it. :sleep: .

I reread some emails I'd sent or received two or three years ago only yesterday. There was one between myself and a woman in the USA, and I'd have sworn on the bible I'd never sent or received any of them.:whistle: .

Maybe I've got to the stage where I can filter out any input, or memory I'm not keen on listening to! :unsure::unsure: .

"I can see that you are trying to sleep, so I'd like to offer you this cinematic selection of every memory, unresolved issue and list of things that you should or should not have done in the past 50 years. No need to thank me."
I have nights and times like that too. I hate it when that happens!

When your brain starts to slip a little, it can shut itself down, if not at will, pretty close to it. :sleep: .

I reread some emails I'd sent or received two or three years ago only yesterday. There was one between myself and a woman in the USA, and I'd have sworn on the bible I'd never sent or received any of them.:whistle: .

Maybe I've got to the stage where I can filter out any input, or memory I'm not keen on listening to! :unsure::unsure: .
I need one of those filters, too.

I need one of those filters, too.
Do you have any friends who repeat themselves a lot you can phone, and maybe they'll go on about subjects you're unable to feign interest in?

I have, and whilst they wish to impart all this yawn inspiring information, my brain goes, "no, I'm not having this again, take me off to bed, put the phone down as politely as possible, lie down in bed as quick as you can!"

I put the earphones on, listening to RTE, or another inoffensive radio station, and once you're horizontal you're away! :) .

Do you have any friends who repeat themselves a lot you can phone, and maybe they'll go on about subjects you're unable to feign interest in?

I have, and whilst they wish to impart all this yawn inspiring information, my brain goes, "no, I'm not having this again, take me off to bed, put the phone down as politely as possible, lie down in bed as quick as you can!"

I put the earphones on, listening to RTE, or another inoffensive radio station, and once you're horizontal you're away! :) .
Why yes I do have a friend like that who goes on and on about the same things constantly and lately I haven't talked to him. I need a break from talking to him actually.

Why yes I do have a friend like that who goes on and on about the same things constantly and lately I haven't talked to him. I need a break from talking to him actually.
Give it a go, tell him to ring you five minutes or so before normal bedtime, make polite excuses about being tired or your mobile reception being weak, when you've stood as much as necessary to generate near or impeding narcolepsy, and if it a success organise a repeat dose the next evening! :whistle: .

"I can see that you are trying to sleep, so I'd like to offer you this cinematic selection of every memory, unresolved issue and list of things that you should or should not have done in the past 50 years. No need to thank me."

Or, sometimes, a precise minute by minute repetition of something humiliating or painful you've always regretted you did or did not do God knows how many years ago (and probably haven't thought of in years, but there it is again in glorious technicolor).

I put headphones on and listen to the World News and other interesting stations, but because they are SO interesting it takes me ages to get to sleep. Need to find 'something', 'someone' boring, repetitive and lacking in inspiration or stimulation :unsure: Ooh I think I remember who that was - time to give them a call :D:ROFLMAO:

I actually like the fact that sometimes around 2-3 am, I wake up and realize my brain has found the answer to a problem I've been trying to solve. :) Of course, that forces me to get up and write down said solution or by morning, it'll be gone. ;)
YES!!

….and getting up and writing it down is a must
And writing the thought down in it's entirety is essencial
Cryptic notes are only frustrating when trying to decipher later that morning

YES!!

….and getting up and writing it down is a must
And writing the thought down in it's entirety is essencial
Cryptic notes are only frustrating when trying to decipher later that morning
Agree, someone suggested I keep a small recording device as I often have ideas for writing and sometimes it seems that a story is being read to me in my mind but by the morning all is forgotten. Not lost the plot yet o_O other than for my story, must write it down or record :)

What mine occasionally "says" to me at 2 or 3 a.m.: "You really want a cup of coffee... yes, you do!!" :cautious:

I am so, so envious!
Me too = headphones in for another evening of non sleep. What was that one about counting sheep? Ooh tried that and remember imagination got the better of me, they weren't just jumping hurdles, all manner of things were happening but I think I might have been watching 'Shaun the sheep' before bed time. Back to the drawing board. :D :ROFLMAO::D Hopefully😴in a short while if not it will be 🥳

Back