Missouri couple greet marching protesters with guns

What the hell were those "protestors" doing in front of a private residence? I would have done the same if a bunch of jerks stood out in front of my home. Again. someone tell me the reason for being in front of their home. Anybody??? Read below, the clown says what I highlighted so why do they have the right to intimidate homeowners in their homes? Last, what does "Expect Us" say about them? I reply, "Expect me armed and ready for your activities at my home."

State Rep. Rasheen Aldridge (D), an organizer with the civil rights group Expect Us, told CBS affiliate KMOV that the protesters never threatened the couple and walked on private property as part of their nonviolent demonstration.
“Just like in many disobedient protests, even in the ’60s, you break laws, make people feel uncomfortable,” Aldridge told the station. “We’re not doing anything where we’re hurting anyone or putting anyone in danger.”

Last edited:
What the hell were those "protestors" doing in front of a private residence? I would have done the same if a bunch of jerks stood out in front of my home. Again. someone tell me the reason for being in front of their home. Anybody???
I wasn't aware that standing outside and in front of someone's home in the USofA, is illegal and worthy of being threatened with a gun.

What the hell were those "protestors" doing in front of a private residence?

They were walking to the mayor's house a block away to call for her to resign after she read out the names and home addresses on a facebook live video of people who wrote to her requesting police reform.

After reading all of the comments and then the comments made by those in power in St. Louis, like the circuit attorney (prosecutor), I really can't comment on the legality of the McCloskey's rights. Since there is no audio clip, at least I haven't heard any, it's going to be who do we believe? The protest leader, Rasheen Aldridge, is saying that the protest was peaceful and no threats were made, but the McCloskeys say otherwise.

Rasheen Aldridge did admit wrong-doing by stating, "Just like in many disobedient protests, even in the 60's, you break laws, make people feel uncomfortable. We’re not doing anything where we’re hurting anyone or putting anyone in danger.”

Under PA law, he and his followers would have been arrested for trespassing. Each would have been issued a citation. If the couple (McCloskeys) had an audio and it would have contained threats of violence against the couple, more serious charges could have been brought at the DA's discretion. Pointing a gun at someone is not necessarily a felony, but it could have been a misdemeanor (possibly) in this state, but it's not a good idea, either.

The protesters were in violation of trespass laws, probably even in Missouri. Gated communities are considered private property and therefore, certain laws must be abided by. The fact that the police did not show up tells me that something is very wrong in that area.

They were walking to the mayor's house a block away to call for her to resign after she read out the names and home addresses on a facebook live video of people who wrote to her requesting police reform.
Someone posted on either this forum or another one that they painted the words, "RESIGN" on the street in front of the Mayor's home. If that's true, it's also unlawful and they could be charged with destruction of property.

The protesters were in violation of trespass laws, probably even in Missouri. Gated communities are considered private property and therefore, certain laws must be abided by. The fact that the police did not show up tells me that something is very wrong in that area.

Here's more info about private streets in the Central West End in St Louis. The Central West End is where I stay when I visit the city. It's near Forest Park, Washington University, museums and great restaurants and galleries. The private streets have beautiful, historic homes and I always walk through several each visit. There are pedestrian gates and I've never found them locked. The area is mostly bordered by an artsy urban type community that's safe, but there are also higher crime areas nearby.

Last edited:
No, it isn't.

Entry #24, page one.
Missouri's "Castle Doctrine" law and "Stand Your Ground Law" states the following: "From private property that is owned or leased by such individual;"

Seeing how they live in a gated community, I would have to believe that they pay an HOA fee, which would be leased property and would afford them the protection onto the street. If you are threatened, (according to Missouri law), you do not have to back down or go hide. You have the right to stand your ground and to protect yourself.

I noticed that Missouri's law goes just a bit farther than Florida's law. I have to believe that this is the reason the Prosecutor did not issue a warrant.

Here's more info about private streets in the Central West End in St Louis. The Central West End is where I stay when I visit the city. It's near Forest Park, Washington University, museums and great restaurants and galleries. The private streets have beautiful, historic homes and I always walk through several each visit. There are pedestrian gates and I've never found them locked. The area is mostly bordered by an artsy urban type community that's safe but there are also higher crime areas nearby.
I used to hear about how horrible it was in East St. Louis. Is that correct?

Missouri's "Castle Doctrine" law and "Stand Your Ground Law" states the following: "From private property that is owned or leased by such individual;"

Seeing how they live in a gated community, I would have to believe that they pay an HOA fee, which would be leased property and would afford them the protection onto the street. If you are threatened, (according to Missouri law), you do not have to back down or go hide. You have the right to stand your ground and to protect yourself.

I noticed that Missouri's law goes just a bit farther than Florida's law. I have to believe that this is the reason the Prosecutor did not issue a warrant.
Wrong.

“'Castle Doctrine’ does not extend to the street,” Banks told The Post, referencing a law that gives people certain protections to use deadly force on intruders to their home. “I defy you to find one picture of the [protesters] on the grass. They were not putting those homeowners’ lives at risk.”

Banks said residents living in gated communities and on private streets may overestimate the control they have over the “fiefdom.”

Snippet taken from original link posted on page one.

Additional article related to.

"People have a right to threaten force if they are threatened," Amman said. However, if a group of protesters is walking by a home and not doing anything to the homeowners specifically, then they don’t have the right to threaten lethal force without an imminent threat".

"According to Findlaw.com, Missouri's law is more extensive than those of other states because it allows you to use deadly force to attack an intruder to protect any private property that you own, in addition to yourself or another individual. This means that if someone illegally enters your front porch or backyard, you can use deadly force against them without retreating first".

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/l...nding/63-531cc88c-336d-4bee-ba15-c270a0fd2879

I didn't see anyone on the front porch of, or in the backyard of, and I didn't see (or hear) an immanent threat to the couple .

Last edited:
You are wrong, but I don't argue with people outside of law enforcement. One word of advice. You can't just read the law and think you understand what it is telling you. You have to be able to interpret terminology and look beyond the scope of the meanings. Otherwise, the Prosecutor would have issued a warrant for the McCloskeys.

Please view the video. Castle Doctrine Law in Missouri

It's private property. They had no right to be there, but pointing a weapon at them was a bad idea. They (the protesters) all should have received a citation for trespassing.
Is the sidewalk in front of the home also considered to be private property?

You are wrong, but I don't argue with people outside of law enforcement. One word of advice. You can't just read the law and think you understand what it is telling you. You have to be able to interpret terminology and look beyond the scope of the meanings. Otherwise, the Prosecutor would have issued a warrant for the McCloskeys.

Please view the video. Castle Doctrine Law in Missouri
An interesting read.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...le-to-hide-behind-the-states-castle-doctrine/

I wanted to make sure that I was citing the Missouri laws correctly, so I called a fellow Trooper in Jefferson City that I knew. He said that because the residents pay an HOA fee each month, they are considered as owners of the land for that month. The CD in Missouri, along with Missouri’s Stand Your Ground Law, goes beyond Florida’s laws. These residents did have the right to defend the street in front of their home.

And, my friend also stated that the Circuit Attorney wanted to issue a warrant against the McCloskeys, but the prosecuting attorney said he really didn’t want the case. I think the fact that the police did not respond made the situation worse. Had they responded, they could have moved everyone along and there wouldn’t have been anything else going on.

I have supported the Stand Your Ground Law, but I still think the jury in Florida against George Zimmerman got it wrong. I believe the law was misapplied by the jury.

I wanted to make sure that I was citing the Missouri laws correctly, so I called a fellow Trooper in Jefferson City that I knew. He said that because the residents pay an HOA fee each month, they are considered as owners of the land for that month. The CD in Missouri, along with Missouri’s Stand Your Ground Law, goes beyond Florida’s laws. These residents did have the right to defend the street in front of their home.

And, my friend also stated that the Circuit Attorney wanted to issue a warrant against the McCloskeys, but the prosecuting attorney said he really didn’t want the case. I think the fact that the police did not respond made the situation worse. Had they responded, they could have moved everyone along and there wouldn’t have been anything else going on.

I have supported the Stand Your Ground Law, but I still think the jury in Florida against George Zimmerman got it wrong. I believe the law was misapplied by the jury.
See, now I think having two gun owners who are scaredy-cats made the situation worse.

See, now I think having two gun owners who are scaredy-cats made the situation worse.
Aren’t the police responding to any calls or what is their agenda? However, if there were verbal threats, I think they would have just went into their house and made sure that everything was secured, like windows and doors. Even though they were within their legal rights, I believe that going outside and waving guns around probably wasn’t the best way to end the situation. If anything, it may have escalated it.

But, fear can make some people do things that they normally wouldn’t think about doing.

I think that's the crucial question, Pepper. This may count for nothing, since I live in a gated community in Maryland, not Missouri, but as far as I know, our streets are not private property, they are just streets. Even the lobby and elevators, stairs, etc. of my building are not my own private property. Only my condo is. So no one is on my private property until they have come in through my own door.

I once got a parking ticket for parking where I shouldn't have been, on one of our streets. If it was my own private property, that probably couldn't have happened.

We do have gatehouses at our three entrances, and the guards make sure you are either a resident, or there with somebody's permission. Otherwise, you are asked to turn around and leave. What would happen if an angry mob came marching past the guardhouse? Probably the police would be called. I'm not sure whether our guards are armed or not. But it certainly wouldn't be OK for a resident to come out waving a gun at them.

"St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly M. Gardner signaled the McCloskeys’ actions were the real threat".

"Even residents living on what they declare to be private streets cannot act with impunity, said Eric Banks, a former state prosecutor and St. Louis city counselor.

“'Castle Doctrine’ does not extend to the street,” Banks told The Post, referencing a law that gives people certain protections to use deadly force on intruders to their home. “I defy you to find one picture of the [protesters] on the grass. They were not putting those homeowners’ lives at risk.”

Banks said residents living in gated communities and on private streets may overestimate the control they have over the “fiefdom.”

“Their private street status does not supersede the laws of the city of St. Louis, which says you can’t point guns at people to intimidate them,” he added.

Above snippets taken from this article. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/29/st-louis-protest-gun-mayor/

I need not say more.
Well, if it was my home, they were prancing around the street, I would be afraid....I'm not in a gated community....If they stepped on my property I would get the gun out or run them over with my lawn mower....I don't live on a private street...It's a town street....they can prance
if they want, but don't come on my property in droves of people....I wouldn't do anything to harm them, they should not harm us....
By the way, we are here in our home for 45 years.....Never had anything even touch our property....We do have a gate to the backyard, but
anyone can knock it down....We do have cameras but never had to do anything about someone messing with our property....
But the way it's going in the USA, it is very scary....

Back