More than 338,000 U.S. children tested positive for coronavirus as of July, AAP finds.....

PopsnTuff

More than 338,000 children tested positive for the coronavirus as of the end of July, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. Nearly 100,000 of those cases were reported in the last two weeks of the month, and more than 25 children died in July alone. The new figures come as some states, including Georgia and New York, return or make plans to return for the 2020 school year. Michael George reports. :(

Here's more:

Over 250 students and teachers quarantined in Georgia district after first week of school.
More than 250 students and teachers from one Georgia school district are now quarantined, just one week into the new school year. Multiple teachers and students across the district's schools have tested positive for COVID-19 after classes resumed Monday. :(

Cherokee County School District is sharing ongoing updates on coronavirus cases in its schools on its website. As of Friday, over a dozen students and teachers have tested positive, sending home hundreds of people after just five days of school. :(

Since the beginning of the week, at least 11 students and two staff members across elementary, middle and high schools have tested positive for coronavirus. The students' ages span from first grade to twelfth grade.

As schools begin to reopen around the country a staggering number of children have tested positive for the virus — once thought to only affect older populations. Dozens of schools and colleges have reversed their original reopening plans in favor of online-only education in the fall.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/over-2...arantined-georgia-district-first-week-school/

(I'm so concerned about my grandkids and everybody else's kids and grands 😢 )

Here's more:

Over 250 students and teachers quarantined in Georgia district after first week of school.
More than 250 students and teachers from one Georgia school district are now quarantined, just one week into the new school year. Multiple teachers and students across the district's schools have tested positive for COVID-19 after classes resumed Monday. :(

Cherokee County School District is sharing ongoing updates on coronavirus cases in its schools on its website. As of Friday, over a dozen students and teachers have tested positive, sending home hundreds of people after just five days of school. :(

Since the beginning of the week, at least 11 students and two staff members across elementary, middle and high schools have tested positive for coronavirus. The students' ages span from first grade to twelfth grade.

As schools begin to reopen around the country a staggering number of children have tested positive for the virus — once thought to only affect older populations. Dozens of schools and colleges have reversed their original reopening plans in favor of online-only education in the fall.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/over-2...arantined-georgia-district-first-week-school/

(I'm so concerned about my grandkids and everybody else's kids and grands 😢 )

I know what you mean . I worry about my grandkids and my daughter who is a substitute school nurse and also is a one on one teacher to a child with special needs. I pray they don't open her school.

And more:
More Than 6,600 Coronavirus Cases Have Been Linked to U.S. Colleges....

As college students and professors decide whether to head back to class, and as universities weigh how and whether to reopen, the coronavirus is already on campus.

A New York Times survey of every public four-year college in the country, as well as every private institution that competes in Division I sports or is a member of an elite group of research universities, revealed at least 6,600 cases tied to about 270 colleges over the course of the pandemic. And the new academic year has not even begun at most schools.

Outbreaks have emerged on Greek Row this summer at the University of Washington, where at least 136 residents were infected, and at Harris-Stowe State University in St. Louis, where administrators were re-evaluating their plans for fall after eight administrative workers tested positive.

The virus has turned up in a science building at Western Carolina, on the football team at Clemson and among employees at the University of Denver.

At Appalachian State in North Carolina, at least 41 construction workers have tested positive while working on campus buildings. The Times has identified at least 14 coronavirus-related deaths at colleges.

(It's gonna be never ending for who knows how long :( )

Back