More Websites Prevent Access if Using an Ad Blocker

I don't mind a few ads, the websites need to pay the bills. However a lot of them have too many and as

Murrmurr says there are other problems.​

I never give out my real email address, when asked I usually just move on to another website. Rarely I will give a made up email address, sometimes that works.

If more people would use the ad blockers and stop giving out email addresses then the websites would be forced to find another way to make money.
It's either run ads or charge for access. That's why I allow ads on most sites that have good content. They need to make money to support the generation of that content — to pay the reporters and web developers and everyone else involved. They need to be able to earn a living since most of them aren't independently wealthy.

It's either run ads or charge for access. That's why I allow ads on most sites that have good content. They need to make money to support the generation of that content — to pay the reporters and web developers and everyone else involved. They need to be able to earn a living since most of them aren't independently wealthy.
Good point!

we dont get paid for being annoyed or haveing to read it....and not our choice even on subjects again if everyone logged out then ...they would make some more meaningful and appropriate adjustments ...I am doing my part

As intellectual property laws favor the making of money from ideas, it no wonder that the web pages are ravenous for baiting us to click and buy. I am against intellectual property law. I don't like the patent laws either...they always favor the money making scheme not the free exchange of vital and important information, or the free and beautiful exchange of millions of talented artists and musicians.
I use Firefoxes AdBlocker Ultimate. I rarely will turn it off, except if I can't find what I am looking for anywhere else.

Just to introduce a differing idea: I'm not against intellectual property law or patents. Otherwise, you'd be saying that people can't own or profit from their own work. Frankly, there's nothing wrong with profiting from your own work. Unless (even if you're not an artist or inventor) you feel you should give all your own work for free without profit to you. I don't suppose you'd care for that, right?

Just to introduce a differing idea: I'm not against intellectual property law or patents. Otherwise, you'd be saying that people can't own or profit from their own work. Frankly, there's nothing wrong with profiting from your own work. Unless (even if you're not an artist or inventor) you feel you should give all your own work for free without profit to you. I don't suppose you'd care for that, right?
I know from 40 years of "professional" guitar playing. Once you enter the business side of making money from your art, you start to mold your art to fit the demands of the purchaser/audience. It corrupts your original love and joy you have with the medium. I produced a lot of music by myself through computer based music programs that I would not think of trying to sell. I don't need to point out that copyright law has created a mess with providing the necessary services in our society. Making money is a MUST in our society, and most of us just like our job, and hate it too. I won't let that happen to my love of music.
Just recently Britney Spears had almost gone crazy because the industry allowed and encouraged her mistreatment. She just got free of a main player in the scheme. The stories are endless about how awful the music business is.
So a long answer made short. NO! :)

Back