Moron Parents Go At It Again At A T-Ball Game

fmdog44

Kentucky T-ball game turns into violent brawl between parents, kids left in tears | Fox News
The game was T-Ball meaning the kids are the youngest allowed in organized sports like 5 or 6. They are so young there are no pitched balls rather the ball sits on a pole and the kids swing at it. Because of their age the parents would be typically in their 20s. Stories claim the kids were crying. We have heard stories of people getting fired from their jobs for non-working activity. I would hope that applies to the stooges that brawled here. How does a parent explain this kind of trash to their children? Proud to be an American? Not so much anymore.

Well, we have bench-clearing brawls in pro-ball, and those players are hero's too many ! So is it such a surprise that it has trickled down to the minor level, and includes the parents of children?

I think some of these people lived in my neighborhood when I owned a house. Yup, this is the great American family.

Some of these so called parents could have been in their 30's and even over 40. Wonderful that they are raising children. Can you imagine how they show, by example, how to treat others.

My brother used to coach a football team for 6-9 boys. Since my brother is really a big six foot kid, the team loved him. He coached for years. When he stopped, I couldn't figure out why, he loved to coach. His wife then told me about all the death threats from parents. His truck window was smashed, trash on his lawn, notes threatening his life were found on his front door, parents shoving him at games, etc. But when the parents began to follow his wife, and kids around town, it got to be too dangerous for him, and he quit.
Come on, this is football for 6-9 year old boys, who cares who won 2 years from now, I couldn't believe all the nonsense the parents did to my brother.

Soapbox... Sorry....

If I were King, there would not be one cent of tax dollars afforded to any sports activity. If kids wanted to participate in sports... or their parents insisted they participate... pay for it out of their own pockets. When one looks at the billions of dollars spent on high school sports and stadiums, collegiate sports and venues, and pro sports how much could those dollars do for medical research, technological advancements, infrastructure, etc. We have a large segment of society that raises their kids to claw and scratch to win games. When those same kids are thrust into a career, they have to take time off to take their kids to sports activities... take time off to attend local or regional sports activities... check latest sports scores, etc. on line while supposed to be working. Sports remains more important than being a valued employee.

Most of these youth sports activities are part of local parks & rec departments... fully supported by local tax dollars. Those tax dollars provide venues where parents and other sports junkies can brawl, threaten, abuse their kids if they don't win because sports are the most important thing in their lives. Just as my wife was retiring, they had a new hire in the office. Originally from a smaller town 30 miles south of us, they had just moved to our community because "their son was too good at football to have his talent wasted in a small town". After selling their home and putting themselves deep in debt for a "proper" home in our larger community, their kid didn't even make the local high school team. They threatened to sue the school district. They tried to get petitions together to have the football coach fired. She didn't last at the office because she was too busy pursuing a means to get her son on a high school team. Sheesh!

Back