Mr. Ed seeking advice

I wish for everyone who contributed or read my post generated a sense of joy within themselves for coming to the aid of a total stranger. Your responses were and still are very helpful to and the forum community. Thank you for your show of kindness and the blessings you bring. 🌲🎄

I wish for everyone who contributed or read my post generated a sense of joy within themselves for coming to the aid of a total stranger. Your responses were and still are very helpful to and the forum community. Thank you for your show of kindness and the blessings you bring. 🌲🎄
Thank you too! I have found this site to be one of the best, with the best people, everybody here seems to be both extremely good-hearted and highly intelligent! 🤓

There is an immense sadness in the atmosphere of the Earth right now. One who feels tenderness of the heart and mind of the soul picks this up from the thought waves permeating the world.

1. There is a comfort in surrendering to the sadness, to the tears, to the giving up of hope. knowing it's only a temporary sensation.

2. One can fight it. To do this, you must be AWARE of your thoughts. When a sad or unwanted thought reaches the field of relativity in the mind, you have to dismiss it as soon as possible. This must be replaced by a positive thought; anything that brings joy.
This is difficult unless the mind is grounded in the bliss consciousness of absolute being. This can be achieved through a repetitive meditation process.
Be INTENSELY AWARE of even the tiniest thought, word or action which brings happiness. Cultivate this. (nature, food, sounds etc.)

3. Your soul is blissfulness. Be ALONE and speak to God, ( if you know of God). Ask to FEEL this bliss in your soul.
If this is done, not with repetitive phrases, but with all humility and all sacredness, in humbleness, in quietness, in homage and devotion,
This is a private communication between you and your God, not to be taken lightly.
Ask for what you want in your life and know it will be! Prepare for this to occur.
If you have no belief in God, then speak to yourself, or pure being, or pure intelligence.

This, with all the wisdoms posted in this thread by your wonderful and intelligent friends, will hopefully help you generate and send love and joy to all around you. "To affect the quality of the day; this is the highest of arts". Hope this helps a little.

i should add: "In my opinion".

Last edited:
Try stimulating your senses, for example, make bread. The aroma will fill your house with a bit of joy. Get flowers the next time you go shopping. They are always uplifting. If you have a park around where you can hear children laughing, go there and listen for awhile. Watch the sunset and look at the moon tonight.

I believe that there is a direct connection between our senses and our mood.

Try stimulating your senses, for example, make bread. The aroma will fill your house with a bit of joy. Get flowers the next time you go shopping. They are always uplifting. If you have a park around where you can hear children laughing, go there and listen for awhile. Watch the sunset and look at the moon tonight.

I believe that there is a direct connection between our senses and our mood.
I forgot to add that a lot of joy comes from our pets, especially cats and dogs and some birds.
Any of them will keep you busy and take your mind away from sadness.

Dogs are always happy and that joy will rub off on you with no effort on your part. One look into those happy eyes will warm your heart.

Cats deliver joy in a different but quieter way. When a cat is snuggled up beside you and purring, that sound is extremely soothing.

Cats and dogs both stimulate your sense of touch. Petting either one is joyful.

The few birds that I have known were just happy little guys putting on their own show.

There is an immense sadness in the atmosphere of the Earth right now. One who feels tenderness of the heart and mind of the soul picks this up from the thought waves permeating the world.

1. There is a comfort in surrendering to the sadness, to the tears, to the giving up of hope. knowing it's only a temporary sensation.

2. One can fight it. To do this, you must be AWARE of your thoughts. When a sad or unwanted thought reaches the field of relativity in the mind, you have to dismiss it as soon as possible. This must be replaced by a positive thought; anything that brings joy.
This is difficult unless the mind is grounded in the bliss consciousness of absolute being. This can be achieved through a repetitive meditation process.
Be INTENSELY AWARE of even the tiniest thought, word or action which brings happiness. Cultivate this. (nature, food, sounds etc.)

3. Your soul is blissfulness. Be ALONE and speak to God, ( if you know of God). Ask to FEEL this bliss in your soul.
If this is done, not with repetitive phrases, but with all humility and all sacredness, in humbleness, in quietness, in homage and devotion,
This is a private communication between you and your God, not to be taken lightly.
Ask for what you want in your life and know it will be! Prepare for this to occur.
If you have no belief in God, then speak to yourself, or pure being, or pure intelligence.

This, with all the wisdoms posted in this thread by your wonderful and intelligent friends, will hopefully help you generate and send love and joy to all around you. "To affect the quality of the day; this is the highest of arts". Hope this helps a little.

I embrace all thoughts because they are me. To deny myself of thought whatever content it may be is living with one eye shut.

I am aware who I am or what I think is me and I love.

Well, when I am really sad, I wallow in it. Put on a sad song CD, get into bed, under the covers, and wallow in it. Get all the sadness out. Then when I can’t stand my level of sadness, I throw a pity party.

Up, out of bed, have ice cream and with the sweetness of my favorite dessert, the tv on, I think about things. Just things and how life can truly suck. But at least I have ice cream. Then my thoughts drift to people that don’t have ice cream or a warm house or a tv or a somewhat new furry blanket to keep them warm and comfortable in a recliner.

And, I realize that my life might be challenging, at times, sad at times, depressing at times, it’s still better than the guy I saw sleeping on sidewalk on the street the other morning as we drove past in a warm car on the way to my X-ray.

The holidays are always stressful and they are especially stressful this year. My husband gets especially not nice during the holidays. So my husband, the virus, the state of our country, and life in general pressing us all down. But, when my son’s long time girlfriend came over with him on thanksgiving and ate a turkey leg.

Oh the Joy.

The turkey didn’t kill anyone. She is Chinese so she didn’t notice the stuffing was stove top.😂. The mashed potatoes and jar of gravy was fine. And they liked the dry broccoli cheese soup just add water. She had two bowls.

Joy comes when you least expect it.

As for the holidays, we will not decorate this year, too many dead, too many sick, too many homeless, I just can’t do it. I will remember that Jesus Christ was born in a stable, that my two disabled sons live through the grace of God, that my children love me, and that the sadness of this year will, at some point in time, pass.

@Mr. Ed -It’s ok to be sad, it will pass-just wait.

`````
Well, when I am really sad, I wallow in it. Put on a sad song CD, get into bed, under the covers, and wallow in it. Get all the sadness out. Then when I can’t stand my level of sadness, I throw a pity party.

Up, out of bed, have ice cream and with the sweetness of my favorite dessert, the tv on, I think about things. Just things and how life can truly suck. But at least I have ice cream. Then my thoughts drift to people that don’t have ice cream or a warm house or a tv or a somewhat new furry blanket to keep them warm and comfortable in a recliner.

And, I realize that my life might be challenging, at times, sad at times, depressing at times, it’s still better than the guy I saw sleeping on sidewalk on the street the other morning as we drove past in a warm car on the way to my X-ray.

The holidays are always stressful and they are especially stressful this year. My husband gets especially not nice during the holidays. So my husband, the virus, the state of our country, and life in general pressing us all down. But, when my son’s long time girlfriend came over with him on thanksgiving and ate a turkey leg.

Oh the Joy.

The turkey didn’t kill anyone. She is Chinese so she didn’t notice the stuffing was stove top.😂. The mashed potatoes and jar of gravy was fine. And they liked the dry broccoli cheese soup just add water. She had two bowls.

Joy comes when you least expect it.

As for the holidays, we will not decorate this year, too many dead, too many sick, too many homeless, I just can’t do it. I will remember that Jesus Christ was born in a stable, that my two disabled sons live through the grace of God, that my children love me, and that the sadness of this year will, at some point in time, pass.

@Mr. Ed -It’s ok to be sad, it will pass-just wait

I’m not exactly sad just feeling old perhaps bigger than before. I’m afraid I won’t be able to get my open water certification after buying all new equipment. I realize after two surgeries my body is depreciating and should something else traumatic happens my effort to scuba dive will be lost.

I’m dying slowly and I can’t stop

`````

I’m not exactly sad just feeling old perhaps bigger than before. I’m afraid I won’t be able to get my open water certification after buying all new equipment. I realize after two surgeries my body is depreciating and should something else traumatic happens my effort to scuba dive will be lost.

I’m dying slowly and I can’t stop
I am sorry about the scuba diving, the open water certification which you badly want, and the money spent. I understand that, and that it’s due to the failure of your body, which you didn’t expect. But, then again, nothing else might happen. It’s a wait and see situation.

My wants are much simpler. I wish I could go to the bathroom without a taking a lot of laxatives. I can’t swim, but if I could swim, I couldn’t go swimming because, well, laxatives are unpredictable. TMI? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Then there is my cancer, MDS, or my kidney failure, or the intestinal failure, the heart failure or the 23 operations I’ve already had or the three operations that are upcoming. Honestly, my whole body has failed me my whole life. I could go on about my other medical issues, but I won’t. You may have noticed I have no problem talking about myself. 😂. (sorry, it’s the way I roll)

I started dying the day I was born. Seriously, I was negative, mother was positive. I had a complete blood transfusion. But all of us are dying, but you are not dead today. Neither am I. As I said, it’s ok to be disappointed and in a funk. But you know this. You know it will pass.

I heard a country song yesterday, the song said when life gives me lemons, I put them in my drink. 🤣. If only I drank. Just wait @Mr. Ed things may be fine, things may not be fine, but YOU will be fine. You’ve gotten lots of good advice from a lot of good old dying people.

As for dying, none of us can live forever and most of us don’t want to. Feel better.

If there's a park near you where there's a lagoon with ducks, geese and mallards you can feed, try doing that. There's usually plenty of people in groups or singles doing tai chi or other forms of exercise you can join. Exercise wards off depression and you get to meet people that way.

If you're still weak to join them, just simple walking at your own pace and greeting people will definitely cheer you up. Surround yourself with cheerful people and it'll rub on you.

Cheer up @Mr. Ed. SF guys got your back 🙂

My belief is that if you think you are old, you become old. Do not dwell on what you cannot do. I used to do a lot of physical activities and now cannot walk around my small apartment without my rolling walker. I listen to music almost all day. I read. I watch movies and videos while I color in adult coloring books (it is a stress reliever and quite fine).

I spend time cooking and cleaning and when it all done, I feel like I accomplished something. I know you are unable to scuba dive but is there something else you could do that would replace that interest? I have been working on my family tree and that has been so much fun for me. As for holidays, I don't do much for them. My little Christmas tree is on top of my curio cabinet and I keep it there all year and will turn the lights on whenever I want. It brightens my apartment up and I am a big believer in color therapy. You must create your own joy, you will find it.

Very well said Gaer...found out if I stand beside a tree...especially the large old trees, for minutes the sweet blanket of quiet nature opens up a type of energy vortex where it is possible to become aware of the subtle energies of the earth. To me, that's what the higher dimensions are about...becoming "aware" of the living energies. Its all about the ability to feel the energy, vibration and allignment with same. Life is eternal.

My God led me to the path of spirituality after I went on a long path of searching for him/her. He/she taught me self love/care in my daily commune with him.

Does loneliness/sadness creep in my life? Absolutely! I am not exempt from it but like you said, the God in me helps me not to dwell on it. He/she renews my mind daily, I get to re-invent myself. I find joy in the work I do and excellence is my goal. Knowing that I make a positive difference in people's lives during this time of covid19 is my greatest reward.

I am sorry about the scuba diving, the open water certification which you badly want, and the money spent. I understand that, and that it’s due to the failure of your body, which you didn’t expect. But, then again, nothing else might happen. It’s a wait and see situation.

My wants are much simpler. I wish I could go to the bathroom without a taking a lot of laxatives. I can’t swim, but if I could swim, I couldn’t go swimming because, well, laxatives are unpredictable. TMI? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Then there is my cancer, MDS, or my kidney failure, or the intestinal failure, the heart failure or the 23 operations I’ve already had or the three operations that are upcoming. Honestly, my whole body has failed me my whole life. I could go on about my other medical issues, but I won’t. You may have noticed I have no problem talking about myself. 😂. (sorry, it’s the way I roll)

I started dying the day I was born. Seriously, I was negative, mother was positive. I had a complete blood transfusion. But all of us are dying, but you are not dead today. Neither am I. As I said, it’s ok to be disappointed and in a funk. But you know this. You know it will pass.

I heard a country song yesterday, the song said when life gives me lemons, I put them in my drink. 🤣. If only I drank. Just wait @Mr. Ed things may be fine, things may not be fine, but YOU will be fine. You’ve gotten lots of good advice from a lot of good old dying people.

As for dying, none of us can live forever and most of us don’t want to. Feel better.
Yoyr'e very wise and kind

I volunteer. I deliver meals for meals on wheels. That takes a certain amount of dexterity and if you have had surgery, that may not be correct for you. However, at our senior center we have volunteers that call others to check on their health, give them a way to reach and talk with others and see if they can help in some way. They/we alert others if there is some concern about that individual, such as not being able to contact them, they did not want to talk, etc. and they will stop and check on them and then contact the family if needed. The call can be very rewarding not only for the person receiving the call but for the individual that makes the call.There is Joy in activity and a purpose in life. I called one lady a few weeks ago, and she was very upset her dog had run off. I took some time and looked for "Raymond" and found him. It was rewarding for all. The relief in that lady eye's was overwhelming, It brought a lot of joy to me and Raymond was pretty happy too.

Instead of pronouns why not just say god? He/she annoys me, but I'm very crabby, so I ask you to forgive me @hellomimi! 🙃
🤦🏻‍♀️My post just disappeared and didn’t save, just saying. Anyway, one more try.

Using the word god implies you are speaking of the ever popular male christian god which is usually JC and not GOD the father. Using he/she when speaking in general terms doesn’t insult anyones beliefs but acknowledges that not everyone believes in JC or God the father, if you are talking about him/her, 😂, IMO. So it’s better using him/her IMO, speaking for myself only, not for @hellomimi. Although I do forget at times to do this, I try not too.

I am cranky not crabby. I know this because my son always asks “mom, are you cranky” when I lose patience during one of our conversations. He asks “are you angry with me?” Nope. I’m cranky. Mostly because when I use his name, address him specifically, and he asks “are you talking to me?” Drives me nuts.

Yes, I am talking to you, I used your name didn’t I? 🤦🏻‍♀️ “Mom, are you cranky?” 😂

Back