My artwork

I could only see about an inch on top. I couldn't get in because of my ad blocker. So, I slowly moved the pictures down. It's as beautiful and varied as I remember. In one, a woman's face, you paid such particular attention to detail, impressive.

I thought I might have some talent until I took an art class and asked to draw a bowl of fruit. Right then I knew it was wishful thinking so it must be wonderful to have a creative talent like yours Gaer, the subjects are so varied, very impressive work.

Holy smokes Gaer! I'm so impressed. I would call your works Expressionism but you have your own style and probably prefer no labels. You show such intense emotions in every subject, every stroke of your brush or palette knife is fluid, freedom of movement in your sculptures and paintings alike.

You bare your soul in every piece. And so many pieces. I will come back and look again and again and I know each time will be a new experience. You have so much to say and share visually. Every piece is so interesting and the eyes say so much. You are a great artist!

My art supplies are all in storage as I wait for my house to be built in a new location. I used to be a graphic designer in Washington DC in my early days so my art has been more controlled than I would like it. Letting loose is what I was trying to do just before packing up and want to do when I get back into it. You're there.

Those are fantastic. 👏

I have no artistic talent at all. 😞 I can't even draw a circle without it being lopsided. I've always envied people who have that talent.
I thought I might have some talent until I took an art class and asked to draw a bowl of fruit. Right then I knew it was wishful thinking so it must be wonderful to have a creative talent like yours Gaer, the subjects are so varied, very impressive work.
Ladies, Maybe you're trying the wrong subjects. Try duplicating a greeting card or something on your own.
Then, forget copying and draw your own image out of your own mind. Don't give up! ( copy no more!)
I didn't start doing art until late in life. Everybody told me I had no talent (except my late husband) but I'm stubborn and tried in spite of them!
You have a lot more creativity in you than you think!

Holy smokes Gaer! I'm so impressed. I would call your works Expressionism but you have your own style and probably prefer no labels. You show such intense emotions in every subject, every stroke of your brush or palette knife is fluid, freedom of movement in your sculptures and paintings alike.

You bare your soul in every piece. And so many pieces. I will come back and look again and again and I know each time will be a new experience. You have so much to say and share visually. Every piece is so interesting and the eyes say so much. You are a great artist!

My art supplies are all in storage as I wait for my house to be built in a new location. I used to be a graphic designer in Washington DC in my early days so my art has been more controlled than I would like it. Letting loose is what I was trying to do just before packing up and want to do when I get back into it. You're there.
I so love when artists chat and share their passions and interests. It gives me goosebumps just reading it. Two fabulous artists sharing their God given talents as gifts.

Once again Gaer, your work is unbelievably moving. Lara is right. Your soul shines through in your work. Fabulous as usual ❤️

Lara, When you get set up, please post your paintings on the forum! I'd love to see your work!
I suppose my work could be called expressionist. I think I'm a figurative painter. At least, SOULS are my favorite thing to paint.

You’re an amazing artist, Gaer. When scrolling through, I thought I saw the soul in each person.

Is your gallery open during Covid restrictions?

I have no artistic talent at all. 😞 I can't even draw a circle without it being lopsided. I've always envied people who have that talent.
@Ceege, I believe anyone can draw...the first step is to embrace the fact that a lopsided circle can be much more interesting than a perfect circle. A perfect circle is just like all the other circles but a lopsided circle visually says I'm different, I'm unique, I'm imperfect, I'm alive.

Try doing a continuous line drawing where you don't pick up your marker from your paper until finished. It's okay to cross over other lines to get to where you're going...there are no mistakes. I like doing them without looking at my paper...just staring at the subject. It comes out as interesting abstract art.

Last edited:

Back