My artwork

Striking artwork Gaer..finally had a chance to look at them all.
They are all fab and I especially love the acrylic "Old Man" and painting of "Old Warrior."

Last edited:
Striking artwork Gaer..finally had a chance to look at them all.
They are all fab and I especially love the acrylic "Old Man" and painting of "Old Warrior."
Thank you for telling me which ones you like best because my work is so diverse, I needed feedback on what type of paintings to choose to create. People tend to purchase the native American paintings because of the color and power.
I'm moving into a more surreal type of paintings now though. Don't want to paint something that looks good behind a couch.
That is meaningless.

JMO, all of your pictures were so striking that they’d never be something just taking up space behind a couch.

As an artist, venture out into something different. That’s what creativity is about.

JMO, all of your pictures were so striking that they’d never be something just taking up space behind a couch.

As an artist, venture out into something different. That’s what creativity is about.
Jules, I was at an art show and a group of ladies , all fancied up, came in. The loud one said, "I'll buy this painting if you will change this blue at the top to turquoise, so it will match my pillows."
I stared at her for a while and walked away. I could hear her behind me, "Well, HOW RUDE!"

Jules, I was at an art show and a group of ladies , all fancied up, came in. The loud one said, "I'll buy this painting if you will change this blue at the top to turquoise, so it will match my pillows."
I stared at her for a while and walked away. I could hear her behind me, "Well, HOW RUDE!"
OMG, what I’d mentally be replying to her would really qualify as Rude. Really Rude. Just as well, you’d hate to have your work in her house. Some things just aren’t worth it.

@Gaer, I was wondering how long you work on a piece of your art at one time? Do you ever get frustrated. Do you work until you get it right or leave it for a period of time and go back to the project.
I love all your work. You certainly know how to capture expressions. If you don't mind me asking, Is there a reason why your subject matter doesn't show more joyful expressions ? Just wondering.

@Gaer, I was wondering how long you work on a piece of your art at one time? Do you ever get frustrated. Do you work until you get it right or leave it for a period of time and go back to the project.
I love all your work. You certainly know how to capture expressions. If you don't mind me asking, Is there a reason why your subject matter doesn't show more joyful expressions ? Just wondering.
Wonderful questions!
I paint differently than most artists. They plan and draw out what they are going to paint. They plan the darkness and the light, AS THEY SHOULD!
I lay a canvas on a table and paint the face, the emotion first. I always take no more than an afternoon on a painting. Some I finish in less than an hour. Now, that I have the time, I want to take more time on my paintings. Anyway, It's not the correct way to paint, I know!
I SEE the image in my head and put it on the canvas, very quickly!
As for not being joyful, people don't usually walk around with a s--- Eating grin. This is the way they appear to me. Are they too depressing? I should put a soft smile on the angel paintings, at least! I'm glad you brought that up! I will consider this! Ponder on it! Thank you!
Actually, I don't paint to sell. I paint for enjoyment, as a hobby, but I'm constantly trying new things and new techniques because that's how one evolves in their art.
Thanks for your suggestions! Oh! No, I don't ever get frustrated! It's FUN! You should try it!

Last edited:
After reading your last post I took another slow walk through your virtual gallery. As I scanned each of your works I jotted down a word that came to mind - something to express the emotion I perceived you had captured from your subjects.
  • grief -
  • serious -
  • focused -
  • thoughtful -
  • relaxed -
  • melancholy -
  • hopeful -
  • proud -
  • adventurous -
  • excited -
  • nervous -
  • angry -
  • fearful.
It would appear IMHO the you have captured a wide range of emotions with your portraits. I'm glad to hear you enjoy your work and you continue to follow your unconventional approach. You have a unique style and that should be preserved and shared. These paintings and sculptures are your unique contribution to your fans and patrons. Thank you for sharing and I hope to get more notices when you publish more of your wonderful work.

After reading your last post I took another slow walk through your virtual gallery. As I scanned each of your works I jotted down a word that came to mind - something to express the emotion I perceived you had captured from your subjects.
  • grief -
  • serious -
  • focused -
  • thoughtful -
  • relaxed -
  • melancholy -
  • hopeful -
  • proud -
  • adventurous -
  • excited -
  • nervous -
  • angry -
  • fearful.
It would appear IMHO the you have captured a wide range of emotions with your portraits. I'm glad to hear you enjoy your work and you continue to follow your unconventional approach. You have a unique style and that should be preserved and shared. These paintings and sculptures are your unique contribution to your fans and patrons. Thank you for sharing and I hope to get more notices when you publish more of your wonderful work.
What tremendous introspection! I'm honored you took the time to do that! Thank you!

What tremendous introspection! I'm honored you took the time to do that! Thank you!
It's important to get good critical feedback. We don't work in a vacuum - we make art to be enjoyed by others. My goal was to simply state that I like the direction you have been taking with your art and I hope you continue to be as unconventional as you desire.

It's important to get good critical feedback. We don't work in a vacuum - we make art to be enjoyed by others. My goal was to simply state that I like the direction you have been taking with your art and I hope you continue to be as unconventional as you desire.
Thanks! I'm going in a new direction with my art now. Actually, I'm no longer going to paint for others. Only me.
But I love technical support and constructive criticism to perfect my craft.
As you can see on my site, my art has been pretty scattered. Now, FINALLY, I know which direction to take!
Yahoo! Thanks for your comments! I'm on my way!
IT'S TIME TO MAKE ART! MY SOUL IS HUNGRY!

I'm beginning a new type of painting, (for me). You see, I "see" the images in my head, and have to paint or sculpt them.
I used to choose those which would look good in someone's living room but I realize "time" on Earth is distorted so, I'm painting what I see and feel, no matter the era. Here's my newest creation. i painted this yesterday.634.JPG636.JPG

Back