My dear dog passed away yesterday morning

Edna 25

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved dog. Being an animal lover myself, i know it's a difficult time for you.

Ken N Tx

My dear old dog passed away yesterday morning.

She collapsed and couldn't walk so I took her to the vet.

She was very close to 13 years old. This is a photo of her when she was a few years younger.

It was so hard when I woke up this morning and she wasn't beside my bed to greet me.

View attachment 88717
I am so very sorry for your loss.

moviequeen1

grannyjo,sorry for your loss,its never easy to let go of a beloved family pet
At least you have your memories/pictures of your dog to get thru this sad time

Rosemarie

I know how you feel. I sometimes think my pets are the only thing that makes life living. The pain of loss will ease but never quite go away.

toffee

oh my' awful loss for you x know the sadness too... she had love and kindness good home died in peace ...

grannyjo

Original Poster
It has been hard, but I am gradually adjusting to her not being here with me.

I had a shower, and she wasn't sitting on the mat before I came out.

I went out to do some necessary shopping, and she wasn't there to welcome me home.

I know I did the right thing, but I hated having to do it.

I've cried a lot of tears, and there's probably more to come.

HazyDavey

Still learning ..
I've had dogs since I was a kid. They've always had a special place in my heart. It's heartbreaking when you lose their love and companionship. I'm very sorry for your loss, take care.
(I like to believe we'll see them all again when we cross over.)

Last edited:

Uptosnuff

That is such a hard thing to have to go through. Our pets wrap themselves around our hearts and we miss them terribly when they are no longer with us. I am so sorry for your loss.🐶

Kaila

Thinking of you more, and I am sure that we are continuing to be sending our caring, as you continue going through your week,
@grannyjo