My Endoscopy

Talked to the GI doctor last night 😢, not a happy conversation. My gastritis is caused by my gastroparesis which causes food to set in my stomach too long which causes my blood sugars to go to high as well. 🙄.

We discussed that my stomach felt better and he asked why. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Cause I cut out even more foods, like grapefruit which I love. Yup, he says, no acid fruits. He increased my stomach med to twice a day so that helps. The weight lost is due to not being able to eat very much, and I said I was trying to a little three times a day with two snacks. But it’s painful.

He, as well as my doctor, wants me on a more liquid diet and the protein drinks will add calories. I’ve lost 5 pounds this month so 25 pound weight loss in 11 months. I am a heavy set person but at some point I will be unable to tolerate the loss. And I don’t feel good because of it. You must feel like you are starving he says. Yup. I least he understand. And you are always hungry? Yup.

I’ve tried all manner of protein drinks. I hate the protein drinks. He say let’s have you seen a dietitian who can find you a liquid drink you like and can better tolerate. He refers me, Fine, whatever.

We discussed a stomach tube to relieve the bloating as I have a great deal of air in my stomach which I can not pass. (Also I am not supposed to drink pop, but I do. About a can, maybe two a day. There is only so much I’ll give up.). He gave me all the negatives of a tube, which made me not want one so much. Then he says the bonus is, we can feed you through the tube when that becomes necessary. NEVER! Would rather be dead.

Ive had these discussions about tube feedings, only liquid diet, eating baby food only. These are quality of life issues, and I am NOT interested in these things. But it is harder and harder to imagine dying by starving to death when you have all your facilities. And hard to do, I suspect.

We also discussed pain management by inserting electrodes into my stomach. I thought the electrodes gave impulses into your stomach to help the food leave. Nope. They control the pain which would be nice. I have so many other painful conditions. He says the surgery is 80,000 up. WOW, just WOW.

All that money and all the other painful conditions I have would still be painful. I know they are doing brain research to see if they can do something to your brain to stop you from feeling pain, guess I’ll have to wait for that surgery.

Anyway, was a bit distraught last night and @Pecos I thought of you, 😂, and your issues, and even with your issues how supportive you are to everyone, and others on the forum with their issues and how supported they are, and I felt a bit better about my situation. Especially since I can vent here. (My husband didn’t even ask what the doctor said, as usual.)

I don’t cry, I’ve never cried, but I feel I may begin. I like to eat and I am tired of not having steaks, and sweets, and root beer, ice cream, and fruit, OMGosh, I want fruit. I want vanilla ice cream with strawberries drowned in chocolate sauce with nuts and a cherry on top.

I wanted better news about my stomach. I don’t want to lose weight. I am very sad. I am definitely throwing myself a pity party. Whine, whine, whine 😭. Poor me 🤬

(((Aneeda)))
While I am sorry for your troubles, you do seem to have a competent doctor who explains things to you. That is so important. Glad, at least, that you have this knowledgeable person in your life!

Back