My Fidelity Visa has been rejected 4 times in the last week!

I ordered about $150.00 worth of strings, over grips, and 2 hats from Tennis Warehouse. I’ve spent thousands with them over the past few years. Called me the next day....card was denied. I called Visa...as there is well over 300k in this account. They told me they are being extra cautious during this time as a lot of stolen cards. I told them, this was a small order from an account I’ve done numerous transactions with over the years. She suggested I call before I make any purchases. I told her to forget that, I’m not calling my mommy every time I make a purchase.

A week later, Guitar Center. Online purchase of a guitar. One of many I’ve purchased. Card was rejected. Called them ...we argued...I told them to stop watching my account. If any fraudulent activity we can handle it after the transaction. It cost me a long delay and missed my delivery for a gift on time.

Then...Amazon.....come on!!!!! $38.00 for vitamins!!!!! Called and argued again! Then JBL for a Bluetooth speaker. Same thing!

I was told I should call before any purchase. I told her no way am I calling every time I want to use my card. You idiots haven’t ever done this in over 10 years, now you are denyi every freaking transaction. So I called Fidelity today with my frustrations. Hum, looks like they have been getting lots of complaints lately. They are working with Visa to back off.

Rant over.

No problems here with online ordering. Ordered some steak medallions from QVC and they will arrive tomorrow. No problem with the Q card I used. Been a long time since I had any beef. Time to put the baking potatoes in the microwave and dig out the butter and sour cream.

I only had it happen once.

When I called the security number I explained that if I couldn't depend on the card each time and every time I would have to find another issuer. I doubt that my threats had any impact on them but it hasn't happened since.

My new chip card fails authorization in the self-checkouts at the local Walmart at least twice before it finally goes through but I believe that is an internal Walmart issue.

Yes I have that. It is a pain in the neck. When you log in, you are asked whether you want a call or text then they ring you with a string of numbers to enter. My suggestion: Choose text.

When logging in to my bank account online this morning I put in my account number and password and then got a pop-up asking me if I prefer a phone call or text to get an additional number to log in with.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes Lee, my bank has been doing that for quite a while now. .. another layer of protection

I have them call me. It's quick ...no biggie.

When logging in to my bank account online this morning I put in my account number and password and then got a pop-up asking me if I prefer a phone call or text to get an additional number to log in with.

Yes I have that. It is a pain in the neck. When you log in, you are asked whether you want a call or text then they ring you with a string of numbers to enter. My suggestion: Choose text.
I select an e mail and they send me a code to type in..Then they ask if I want to enter my computer as a dedicated devise..

ThankYOU, for telling us about that, @Floridatennisplayer

So we can be aware of it, in case it happens to any of us.

I would have been much more shocked, and I would have thought it was something more specific about my own account, if it had happened to me, and you hadn't have told us about your experience with that.

I am sorry it happened to you, though, and multiple times! :confused:

I don't have to enter an account number as I set up online banking a long time ago. It remembers my ID and all I enter is my pass code. It then shows my different accounts and the 2 credit cards I have with them. Very easy to do. I get an email when my SS deposit is credited. It also reminds me to close the window so hackers cannot access it.

That used to be my main credit card but since I switched to the chase sapphire reserve I have the other chase cards to

when I transfer the points I get on the chase Cards to the sapphire I get 50% boost for travel so I get more than the 2% on chase....right now we are getting 5% for groceries..when I move the points to the sapphire reserve I get 7-1/2% for travel since the 5% gets a 50% boost .

I much prefer the chase cards to Fidelity

I only had it happen once.

When I called the security number I explained that if I couldn't depend on the card each time and every time I would have to find another issuer. I doubt that my threats had any impact on them but it hasn't happened since.

My new chip card fails authorization in the self-checkouts at the local Walmart at least twice before it finally goes through but I believe that is an internal Walmart issue.
Either Walmart's credit card processors are slow, or it's the bad internet infrastructure we have here.

I drive into the next big city and approval is near-instantaneous. I try that here and get visions of some Flintstones woodpecker behind the scenes chiseling out the receipt.

I think that part of that is because the system on the other end does not recognize your computer as being you.

I don't know if it's a browser setting or if it's because your Internet Service Provider changes your IP address periodically or something random.

I have some accounts that always recognize my computer, and others (Vanguard) that provide the option to check "Recognize This Computer," but text that security code 100% of the time regardless of what I do.

I've yet to call their Tech Support to walk me through how to have their system know it's me. I bet you could call your bank's Tech Support to get that fixed so you never need that text as long as you use that "registered" computer.

These systems are weird. Suddenly, I get security emails from Amazon saying that a computer they don't recognize has logged into my account, but it's the laptop I've had for years.

I think that part of that is because the system on the other end does not recognize your computer as being you.

I don't know if it's a browser setting or if it's because your Internet Service Provider changes your IP address periodically or something random.

I have some accounts that always recognize my computer, and others (Vanguard) that provide the option to check "Recognize This Computer," but text that security code 100% of the time regardless of what I do.

I've yet to call their Tech Support to walk me through how to have their system know it's me. I bet you could call your bank's Tech Support to get that fixed so you never need that text as long as you use that "registered" computer.

These systems are weird. Suddenly, I get security emails from Amazon saying that a computer they don't recognize has logged into my account, but it's the laptop I've had for years.
If you clear cookies or upgrade your browser, etc., the little security token must be reset.

Back