My Grand Adventure

Hearing

I was supposed to get my CostCo hearing aids on the 28th but now not until the 5th of Oct. Delayed. The total cost with extras was $1,540 saving the sales tax (none in Oregon) plus the CC 1.5% rewards I figure I saved $22.50 plus $92 ST = <$115. At my age the only reasons I needed them were to watch TV & join in a conversation, add that to the fact that it does alleviate depression somewhat to be able to hear. One of the extras they tried to sell me was a device & app to install on my phone that will enable me to access the blue tooth feature on my ROKU TV enabling the audio to channel my smartphone then plug in a set of ear buds to hear. The cost of that set up without the buds is $100. I found for $100 I can buy a complete setup with state of the art blue tooth ear phones, multi functional power/output, all cords utilizing an HDMI port. Much better noise suppression & quality.

Plantar fasciitis

I have suffered for a few years now with the pain of walking or moving about barefoot, especially in the mornings. Last year I purchased a rubber shower mat that I have to take on trips so I can move about the hotel/motel rooms. Walking on hard surfaces is very painful. A couple of weeks ago I was thinking about my issue. Why not get a pair of shower clogs, not the between the toe kind but something I can walk around in without slipping or falling. I found a pair on Amazon for $15. I ordered them, tried them on immediately, then used them during the night & for my morning shower without the shower mat. Fantastic!!! it was the answer I had been looking for, no pain, easy to walk & shower with & completely water resistant, & able to move about the hotel room pain free. I have been using them for 2 weeks, congratulating myself on my brilliant discovery. They're easier to pack & carry than a bath mat, don't need to roll it up then unroll it for a shower. I was limited to the 1.5 x 2 foot mat, jumping from throw rug to towel just to avoid pain. The shower mat was getting a little funky & them damn suction cups on the flip side are to be avoided. I found that using a tennis ball also helps massage the instep.

Winter in AZ

My trip is a go now more than ever. I just paid half of my annual fees, which is semi-annually. My 5th wheel is being setup today, I ordered a few necessities that were delivered yesterday, i.e. coffee maker, electric frying pan, electric potable water heater, bedding & DVD player. I'll be bringing the ROKU TV along with my clothing. I have to pick up a couple of pillows but it should be setup within a few days. Plan to leave around the 1st of Nov, depending on any inclement weather. I decided to cancel the idea for an adjustable twin bed, overthinking again. 2 recliner, (hope they are somewhat comfortable) can be had for less than $500, the bed was $680 without extras, and I have a queen bed which will probably get a new mattress or memory foam topper at my earliest & affordable date. I do need to get my Suzuki serviced, it starts like a champ every few weeks to keep the battery alive. I have a PC/CBC appointment (semi-annual) on the 18th, I could probably change it if need be but should be able to make it. It will be 4 nights in hotels along the way, with a 5.5 to 6.5 hour drive between stops. Don't want to over due it & still be able to manage my Type II.

Setting up!

I have my friend setting up my 5th wheel today, she only send me the one photo but more will be coming. I need to get a 25 ft potable water hose, an inline filter, a 20' sewer hose, a 20' sewer 'slinky'. I have a heavy duty 50' power cable, adapter. My bedding, mattress pad, sheets, cases, comforter, coffee pot, counter potable water heater, 8" electric frying pan all arrived during the last few days. Here is the initial photo of the positioning of the RV.

Turned out all 4 of the items I needed to finish hooking up my power, sewer & water were cheaper delivered from Amazon, went that way.

Attachments

• IMG_20191002_165810386.jpg
    IMG_20191002_165810386.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Needed an item from the internet, checked Walmart.com, item listed at $14.95 then either I could add 'free' shipping with an additional $4.03 or $5.95 without? Decided to check Amazon for same item, found priced @ $17.99 with my 'Prime' account - free shipping. If I ordered today they reduced my cost by 7% ($1.26) which I did, I used my Amazon store card for an additional 5% ($.84). Total cost was $15.89 Amazon, Walmart would have been $18.98+. Identical item, I think it falls in the category of 'creative accounting'. The family from Benton AR didn't get to be billionaires from stupidity. Watch your pennies the dollars will take care of them self.

Back