My grandma still has an unopened New Coke can in her fridge from 1985

Paco Dennis

SF VIP
posted by
u/Random-Non-Sequitur

G3SSsfSgrMcaIHuHkjm7LIjxGfbDXTDDfZzl-oy9y6Q.jpg

"New" Coke

Hated New Coke!! Love Vanilla Coke but its hard to find sometimes. Actually ordered some from Walmart and was shocked that they had it. Have been using Walmart Plus since its hard for me to get out much anymore! Nice to have groceries delivered and get exactly what I want. Prices are the same as in the store. I know my prices!

I wonder if they still sell Cherry Cola in some countries? I've only had it once, eons ago, across the border. I don't remember it ever being sold in Canada .. or, at least, not where I've lived.

I wonder if they still sell Cherry Cola in some countries? I've only had it once, eons ago, across the border. I don't remember it ever being sold in Canada .. or, at least, not where I've lived.
They do here in the U.S. I only know this because I had some at a serve yourself restaurant the other day. It had been years so I decided to try it. I`m assuming they sell it in stores but I haven`t purchased soda since the last time we had foster kiddos.

I just saw a piece where a mother and her son opened a can of Coors beer that the mother kept because it was purchased 50 years ago on her wedding day. Her husband is dead. The beer tasted slightly sweet but good an the both enjoyed it.

Hated New Coke!! Love Vanilla Coke but its hard to find sometimes. Actually ordered some from Walmart and was shocked that they had it. Have been using Walmart Plus since its hard for me to get out much anymore! Nice to have groceries delivered and get exactly what I want. Prices are the same as in the store. I know my prices!
Yes, the New Coke was one of the biggest marketing mistakes in U.S. history.

Neither Leonora or I drink beer but we do have friends who occasionally come by with their "cold ones" and at times, they've left with a couple cans in the drink fridge. (yeah, we have a separate fridge for drinks.) We once had a friend leave their beer in our fridge so long that when we finally removed them, years later, the old tin cans were rusted to the glass shelf! Yep..... this was the days before aluminum cans.
Can't say I remember the year though.......long time ago.

Back