My Hinny is clean

No, it is not the Charmin! I just used my toilet with a bidet attachment and although the words exciting and fun do not come to mind, it was a refreshing experience. More convenient and the reduced paper is surely going to put less stress on the septic system. Have you tried one yet?
I bought a bidet seat for my husband at Christmas two years ago. We both love it. Heated seat, warm water, adjustable pressure and warm dry setting. With me having Crohn’s disease the bidet really saves my tushy some days. I wish it was as common here as it is in Japan. And when the TP was in short supply, it wasn’t an issue.

Is a bidet sanitary, from user to user?
It’s no different from using a regular seat. It’s fresh clean water every time, not toilet water or reused water.

One could argue it’s more sanitary since you’re not touching anything with your hands that could transfer into surfaces you touch (taps, toilet flush button, and for those who don’t wash proper, door handles).

My wife had to use a public bathroom after a doctor's appointment the other day. She could NOT wait to get home and use the bidet. I told her I had the same experience recently. Once you get used to one you don't like to do without it.

Sorta embarassed and I shouldn't even be telling this on myself so keep it under your hat and don't go spreading it around.

Back around early 73' saying that we needed to clear our heads the company that I was working for in VN pulled us out of the field and gave a forced all expenses paid week vacation to myself and another fella to Thailand because we hadn't taken any time off in a couple of years.

They put us up in the Nana Hotel in Bangkok and took us to our rooms and when I was checking things out I saw the regular toilet and beside it was another toilet looking thing but there was no hole for ones business to go down and never having seen one before I was kinda puzzled......it did have a couple of knobs and when I gave them both a good spin water came shooting up like a geyser.

I went to my buddys room and said, "hey bubba this place even has a water fountain in the bathroom."

Apparently my buddy was a little more worldly than me and he knew exactly what I was referring to and he busted out laughing and after calming down a bit he told me what it was.......I bet we weren't back on the ground in VN but a couple of hours and everyone was asking me if I liked drinking out of the hotel fountain. :)

Last edited:
My wife wanted one so she researched for one that she thought would do what she wanted. She settled on this one on Amazon
SAMODRA Non-Electric Bidet - Self Cleaning Dual Nozzle (Frontal and Rear Wash) Fresh Water Bidet Toilet Seat Attachment with Independent Adjustable Water Pressure (Classic White)

4.4 out of 5 stars 378
$36.99$36.99

Took about 10 minutes to install. No it doesn't spray warm water. As advertised It does have pressure adjustment & the two drop down spray nozzles work exactly as they should. I don't think it saves very much paper since dabbing dry uses paper. What she does say is if that ever fails buying a replacement is a must.

No, it is not the Charmin! I just used my toilet with a bidet attachment and although the words exciting and fun do not come to mind, it was a refreshing experience. More convenient and the reduced paper is surely going to put less stress on the septic system. Have you tried one yet?
I installed one of those on my toilet too (y) . Never felt so clean until then.

Back