My new dog

Does look painful.
You mention wearing a glove.

Could you grab Bella's jaw as she tries to bite?
Telling her No, at same time same time?
Oh I tell her no and hold her under the chin when I can. Bella has interacted with and mouthed several people but has only drawn blood on me. It’s clearly my thin skin that is a problem combined with her teeth. She needs to learn no mouthing, none at all. We work on that.

Yesterday smelly Bella went for her second grooming. Little bit of a haircut, a bath, nails trimmed, and she is a new dog. Came home, husband walked her in the door on her leash, and Bella promptly tried to bite my foot. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I think Bella needs to go for Anger Management training 😂. This biting thing has to be getting old by now🥴
It’s getting old for me for sure. The thing is, she’s not aggressive she just a herding dog, and herding dogs need to learn not to bite. She has come a long way and there are many situations where she used to mouth/bite and now does not.

They will work on this at board on train. Frankly if the only thing they accomplish is getting her to stop I’d be good with that. I’ve bought smaller gloves as the garden gloves are not working out. I bought bicycle gloves and put the padded part on the back of my hands,

But they are tight so can’t use them on one hand until it heals. Lately I’ve been having my husband leash her up. He doesn’t have fragile skin and she has never punctured him or anyone else. It’s my paper skin, still, she has to stop.

It’s getting old for me for sure. The thing is, she’s not aggressive she just a herding dog, and herding dogs need to learn not to bite. She has come a long way and there are many situations where she used to mouth/bite and now does not.

They will work on this at board on train. Frankly if the only thing they accomplish is getting her to stop I’d be good with that. I’ve bought smaller gloves as the garden gloves are not working out. I bought bicycle gloves and put the padded part on the back of my hands,

But they are tight so can’t use them on one hand until it heals. Lately I’ve been having my husband leash her up. He doesn’t have fragile skin and she has never punctured him or anyone else. It’s my paper skin, still, she has to stop.
Oh lord, I have thin skin too!!!! The only thin thing on me, so I hate to complain about it, but jeez it’s frustrating to start gushing blood or get a big purple spot onyour hands and arms over the teeniest little bump!

so condolences to you🥴

Oh lord, I have thin skin too!!!! The only thin thing on me, so I hate to complain about it, but jeez it’s frustrating to start gushing blood or get a big purple spot onyour hands and arms over the teeniest little bump!

so condolences to you🥴
The worst is when you reach for something at Home Depot, cut your hand on a paper box, amd bleeding like a pig, you’ve got to shove in the front of the line at the service desk to get bandaids cause you forgot to resupply your purse. I’ve gotten multiple huge skin tears by simply brushing against a wall

BELLA......BELLA......not being very nice to mom.
I've never had one that did the nipping thing.
My wee girl Shaalee, when she was a puppy, my X though it was fun playing toesies,with her razor sharp baby teeth......bad idea.....that came to a stop.
Going into herding breeds......corgies.....for one.....being very short.....they will do heal work nipping to aid in herding.

BELLA......BELLA......not being very nice to mom.
I've never had one that did the nipping thing.
My wee girl Shaalee, when she was a puppy, my X though it was fun playing toesies,with her razor sharp baby teeth......bad idea.....that came to a stop.
Going into herding breeds......corgies.....for one.....being very short.....they will do heal work nipping to aid in herding.
Yup, I read that all herding dogs nip. All the dogs Ive had mouthed, but learned fast not to, Bella seems slow in this regard, and slow in potty training although she spends more time outside now due to the nice weather and her energy needs. But she will learn.

She should calm down after she is spayed in late April. I would like puppies, 🤦🏻‍♀️, but husband has a fit over it. The comprise, I get the dog, I don’t get puppies. Imagine 4/5 little biters at once, I shutter to think about it. 😂

Sit and wait she has down. She is coming when called again, although if distracted probably would not. Bites/mouths less. Food bowl aggression, gone. She does not have the mindless zooms as much. She still runs around the yard but not mindlessly.

She has made friends with the heelers next door but not the golden on the other side. But they are males 🤣. Oh, well, I’ve had children bite me as well. What’s a mother to do? 😁

Bella is getting better about not mouthing/biting. Being an idiot I reached down and petted her back just as she walked out of her puppy pen. She swiveled her head around, oh no, and then looked forward again. ☺️ Wow kept her mouth and teeth to herself.

She allows us to pet her more and more, under the chin scratching, occasionally an ear, a few tummy rubs, and a careful pat on the back. As long as she is not excited, touching her when she is excited still a big no no.

She now will fetch all her balls when they are thrown across the yard, really impressive. I thought she was getting rabies shot this weekend but not till next weekend. Then we can go to the park, yay.

She doesn’t seem to be getting too much taller or bigger, but I have to loosen her collar again. My last bite is taking its time to heal but it is no longer infected.

Why does she bite Aneeda?
Technically she does not bite, she mouths. But I have super thin skin so the minute her tooth touches the back of my skin, I have a bite. Her canine rips my skin so it is a wound. The more excited she is, the harder she mouths. She hasn’t pierced anyone with regular skin, but has made a couple dents.

Technically she does not bite, she mouths. But I have super thin skin so the minute her tooth touches the back of my skin, I have a bite. Her canine rips my skin so it is a wound. The more excited she is, the harder she mouths. She hasn’t pierced anyone with regular skin, but has made a couple dents.
she still a puppy?

I figured it out and Bella was 4 months old yesterday, so yes, still a young puppy, still teething. But my hands are not teething rings, 😂.
i can certainly understand that. have you googled the problem or asked a vet? sometimes there's useful ways to deal with those things that can be found online.

i can certainly understand that. have you googled the problem or asked a vet? sometimes there's useful ways to deal with those things that can be found online.
Yes extensively and talked to her trainers and groomers which have not had broken skin. And talked to a trainer at a different store and they all agree that she mouths harder the more excited she gets. But as a corgi/miniature heeler mix, nipping is in their blood.

We have worked very hard to stop the mouthing and nipping and she is getting better, but it needs to stop completely. She goes to board and train April 6 for two weeks and they will work on this as well.

that's good. hope she gets along better after that. my mom had a cat for a while that came from a home of neglect. his name was cujo. i was nothing more than a toy for him to chomp on. you had to be careful or he'd bite the hell out of ya and draw blood. one day mom was walking through the kitchen and he launched himself onto her thigh and chomped her a good one. at that point she wasn't sure she was gonna keep him. he settled down eventually.

the only time i was able to pet him was when i had to pick him up from boarding and bring him home for them when they were coming back from a trip. i sat in her recliner and i think he mistook me for her. laid there nice as could be and let me love him. that was the only time. lol

I talked to Bella’s board and train trainer who says her biting/mouthing will increase now that she is four months old. Oh, joy, can hardly wait. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Was petting her yesterday as she was standing quietly by the gate. Scratching her ears, scratching under her chin, then she reaches over and casually grabs hold of my hand.

Had my thick mittens on, I have learned my lessons with Bella. And on that note, I shut the gate on her, and she went off to play. She’s such a little, hmm, pain in the butt.

So I told my husband what the trainer said, told him to wear gloves, told him she tried to mouth yesterday, and he said she doesn’t do that with me. Yup, he grabbed her by the back, where she hates to be grabbed, and got mouthed/bit for his trouble. So there you go. She caught a finger.

I doubt Mr know it all will have learned his lesson. 🤦🏻‍♀️ She went to mouth, he pulled his hand back, the wrong thing to do, and that very sharp eye tooth caught in his finger. Be glad when those fall out for sure.

This little guy has made pin holes on my hands & fingers.

I'm taking the place of his siblings.
He gets pinched a lot or picked by the scuff of his neck,,, " quit biting."

The ghost of our former dog is showing him the ditch to poop in.

If the grass is wet,,pup knows where front door is.
Set him in the yard,,, a quick pee,, & off for the door he heads.

This little guy has made pin holes on my hands & fingers.

I'm taking the place of his siblings.
He gets pinched a lot or picked by the scuff of his neck,,, " quit biting."

The ghost of our former dog is showing him the ditch to poop in.

If the grass is wet,,pup knows where front door is.
Set him in the yard,,, a quick pee,, & off for the door he heads.
Yup, Bella bites like a pro. Goes pee as soon as I put her out, and goes poop within a couple minutes. But you have to watch if blood is drawn, it can get infected and the medicine is awful.

Went to put Bella’s harness on and oh good lord, let out as far as possible I could barely squeeze her into it. Just ordered her a new one. She weights 18 pounds. WOW, but still short 😂. Put her in her car seat, nope, won’t, so she rode all the way laying next to her car seat and whining cause she could not see out the window 🤦🏻‍♀️.

Husband said he had to take a nap when he got home cause he felt like he’d just wrestled a bear. 😂. She is strong. 10 days and she will be home, hopefully with a better attitude. Bought her a new leash to match the new harness and soon a new collar.

Back